+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has the double dipping rule passed?

As title suggests just wondering if it's passed, I haven't heard anything but it was very controversial so I would t be surprised if it was snuck through

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's due to go before the senate on the 15th of this month, so hopefully not much longer before we know if is been passed or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    I think it's due to go before the senate on the 15th of this month, so hopefully not much longer before we know if is been passed or not.
    Thanks I'm very bitter ( especially as I've just started maternity leave that was meant to be at my rate of pay for 26 weeks) so I hope they don't reduce it for future women

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really doubt it will go thru.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Thanks I'm very bitter ( especially as I've just started maternity leave that was meant to be at my rate of pay for 26 weeks) so I hope they don't reduce it for future women
    Even if it is passed, it won't start until a while ahead in the future.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go through, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard it's going to start July 2016 if it goes through.... Makes me so mad, I've worked my guts out as a teacher full time, over time (unpaid) for 12 years - I'm no double dipper!!! Grrrr

I just applied for mine at Centrelink. Now that was fun!! :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by billykate View Post
    I heard it's going to start July 2016 if it goes through.... Makes me so mad, I've worked my guts out as a teacher full time, over time (unpaid) for 12 years - I'm no double dipper!!! Grrrr

I just applied for mine at Centrelink. Now that was fun!! :-/
    I hope this is something that will not go through. If it goes through in Juky 2016 it won't affect me (I'm due in April) but it makes me so mad that I do not want any male or female to have this taken away from them. Grrrrr! I do worry this will sneak through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, what do you mean by double dipping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean by double dipping?
    Ok. So the government announced a budget saving measure a few months ago in regards to reforming PPL. They accused families of doible dipping (committing fraud) as they access paid parental leave from the businesses they work at in addition to PPL. According to the government that should not happen and it should be either or.

So in my case, where I work I am entitled to 3 months paid parental leave. I get 2/3 paid to me when I start leave and 1/3 on return to work.
    So if this went through I would have to essentially choose one which means that financially it might take the choice away from me to take 6 months off and come back to work in 3 months.

The other worry I have is that if it goes through jow many businesses will just scrap any paid parental leave now to save money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought that was the point of the PPL so mothers had more time off with their baby??

3mths is crazy