Closed Thread
Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati yay for bubs weight gain!!
    @bbhope ...
    so 7-10days before 5 day transfer so 2-5 days before EPU then hmmm I think im having it too early...
    Yay for getting better blocks of sleep!! I saw a post on instagram for a wrap company and they were talking about reflux babies and carrying them.. I didn't realise the specific reasons why they settle better https://www.instagram.com/p/97TFdrzD...=sollybabywrap

Getting close @Minib

Day 2 of jabs tonight, my poor stomach... with the menapor puregon and clexane makes it 3 every night... it hasn't had much of a break I still have bruising from the clexane i was taking up to Sunday for the last cycle eeek.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm..it looks like my reply didn't get through. Yes, it is a bit early to do intralipid. Can you reschedule?

Reflux baby likes to be held upright all the time. I guess the wrap is designed for that. It is hard work. I can't just put bub down straight away after a feed and burping. Even so, he can still have reflux in the sleep.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 you poor thing 3 jabs a nice. I don't doubt you will have bruises. It's bound to happen. Ps read the other thread. You go girl! It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Don't feel bad at all. When is your first scan?
    @bbhope you aren't having a good run are you. I thought the pathology people should have known to name every test tube. Pathology 101? How annoying you have to go back again. Have you moved house yet?
    @Gelati I did the swab test on Thursday but haven't got the result yet. Will find out next week when I see OB. We have 2 names but with 1 clear favourite. I have stretchmarks everywhere. My tummy is so ugly but I don't care anymore. Can't be upset for being pregnant. Good to hear your mum can settle the baby now. Now you have one extra person to help putting Bub to sleep. Your mum must be happy about that too. How long is your mum staying there for? Wow the MHN was direct. Don't they know we first time mums are fragile. We are already questioning everything we do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @bbhope I think tilting the cot is a good idea. I know a lot of people who do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Hmm..it looks like my reply didn't get through. Yes, it is a bit early to do intralipid. Can you reschedule?

Reflux baby likes to be held upright all the time. I guess the wrap is designed for that. It is hard work. I can't just put bub down straight away after a feed and burping. Even so, he can still have reflux in the sleep.........
    @bbhope after my scan Monday I guess I'll know how I'm responding and will ring LB nurse and go from there... Sorry you had such a crap day with the appointments so frustrating when it's such an ordeal to get there!

But almost moving time?! You've built your new place yea? That must be kinda exciting
    @Minib xx i wonder if i can start jabbing somewhere else esp when I have to start the org!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only scanned through the thread. It looks like I missed something.
    @Gelati: I guess all have its own problem regarding the weight. I suspect BF baby gains weight less. As I mentioned, we overfed bub at 2w mark because we were confused about his reflux with hunger. And fast flow teat. Oops.

He is on 65 percentile. But height is just under 50. That means that he is very chubby. lol. Like the Michelin now. We are actually trying to slow his weight gain but who knows. 5.4kg at 6w. He was 15 percentile when he was born.

Yes moving next week. I am pretty upset that my mom won't listen to me. I requested her not to bother cooking yesterday and today. She thinks no one can cook once she is gone so insisted of cooking. I know that she is coming from a nice way but It has caused inconvenience. We can't pack away kitchen stuff. Worse. She can't help us with Bub so we can pack etc. It has been a nightmare today because bub was in severe pain again and won't stop crying. He hasn't been like this for a while. So 3 of us just being busy to soothe him. We are planning to clean up the new house and has her taking care of bub. She has half prep food in the kitchen. Exactly what I mean. Only adding the extra stress and inconvenience. Ya, I know. Sound ungrateful but don't respect our wish is just.....DH also agrees with me about the cooking part. We really needs to pack them up. Once she leaves, will only leave one of us to do the packing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I only scanned through the thread. It looks like I missed something.
    @Gelati: I guess all have its own problem regarding the weight. I suspect BF baby gains weight less. As I mentioned, we overfed bub at 2w mark because we were confused about his reflux with hunger. And fast flow teat. Oops.

He is on 65 percentile. But height is just under 50. That means that he is very chubby. lol. Like the Michelin now. We are actually trying to slow his weight gain but who knows. 5.4kg at 6w. He was 15 percentile when he was born.

Yes moving next week. I am pretty upset that my mom won't listen to me. I requested her not to bother cooking yesterday and today. She thinks no one can cook once she is gone so insisted of cooking. I know that she is coming from a nice way but It has caused inconvenience. We can't pack away kitchen stuff. Worse. She can't help us with Bub so we can pack etc. It has been a nightmare today because bub was in severe pain again and won't stop crying. He hasn't been like this for a while. So 3 of us just being busy to soothe him. We are planning to clean up the new house and has her taking care of bub. She has half prep food in the kitchen. Exactly what I mean. Only adding the extra stress and inconvenience. Ya, I know. Sound ungrateful but don't respect our wish is just.....DH also agrees with me about the cooking part. We really needs to pack them up. Once she leaves, will only leave one of us to do the packing.
    Oh no not sounding ungrateful, just very frustrated!! Wish she would listen to you too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - ouch i heard clexane is painful. You brave lady. Can you inject in the thigh, is that a fatty area too? i know bum is muscle. When is your first scan? Oh one thing i wanted to say was did they ever talk about methods to improve egg quality? Can that help?
    @Minib - Can't really complain about those stretch marks can we? Anyways they fade and probably don't even look that bad. But yes i've got them everywhere now. Oh wells. The main thing to remember is keep up with your pelvic floor and core exercises after birth as you are like a floppy rag doll and if you hunch (without knowing it) it will ruin your back. It's hard to find time to do them with a newborn to look after tho!
    @bbhope - eek your mum sounds quite stubborn! if only she would do what helps you the most and listen to you. When does she leave? are you excited about moving into your new house despite all this annoying stuff? Poor bub. With his reflux, does he spit up or vomit? Our bub likes to be held upright too.

Gosh what stupid people at your GP. How could they forget to label? i hope you didn't have to pay for that and they give your next one for free. I'd be so annoyed too.

Wow over 5kg....i don't think my baby will be even close to 5 kg at 6 weeks. boo! i wish he was 5kg now...i always feel bad for him that he's not a chubby bubby especially when he came out so big. I feel like i've let him down. But now my mum and nurse said you can't really stuff him to get him to pack on the kg as it won't make him feel very good. so i guess i just have to go slowly with the weight gain....i really wish he was 5kg already! Yeh bf babies tend to be lighter than formula fed. The breastmilk is less full on and it is digested faster i think, goes right thru them. That's why they feed more often on breastmilk tho our bub seems to sleep lots these days. I'm still trying to maintain 6-7 feeds a day tho. And i'm closely monitoring his dirty diapers. Makes sure he gets at least 2 massive ones a day. apparently if they are smaller than a 50c coin they don't count as a dirty diaper.
    @Minib - i know..the MHN here are a bit full on. They make me so nervous....i hate my MHN visits now...even tho i do want him to be weighed i'm also nervous on getting a bad result. It really does my head in. I wish we didn't have weight problems at the beginning cos i'm so paranoid now. I'm gonna give him an extra 30ml top up this arvo cos he's slept alot in the last 24 hrs and i'm worried he's not getting enough food. Tho my mum says if he wasn't happy or hungry he certainly wouldn't be sleeping so much and settling easily. I guess as a new mum you just worry about everything. |sleeping too much, sleeping too little, too much food, too little food. urgh!

Oh btw - regards to elevating the bed, we've done that but be careful because it's slightly elevated bub can slide down even if you have his feet at the end of the bed to start with he can bend them and slide further. Today i went to check on him and the blanket was up on his face. Omg i had a freak out!! so now the blanket doesn't go any higher than just above his elbows. i was so worried when i so his little face under the blanket. geez!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it melatonin to improve egg quality? @Tanej78 are you taking melatonin? I would definitely ask if you can jab elsewhere. You must be running out of space on your tummy for jabs.
    @bbhope cooking while moving isn't really convenient as you need to switch off the fridge at some point. Sorry your mum doesn't think takeaway is a good option during the move. Do you have time before you have to return the apartment?
    @Gelati I'm still doing pelvic floor and will do Pilates after my confinement. Your mum is right. If your son is hungry he won't be sleeping well. He will let you know for sure. I think try not to stress about the weight. You've done a great job and just continue what you are doing. No baby is the same so you do what's right for yours. And @bbhope does what's right for her baby.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @Gelati I would also freak out if baby's face is covered by blanket. You poor thing. Must have had a massive fright.