Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: are u off work now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope no I'm still working. Almost 37 weeks now though finishing next week at 38 weeks.

Thanks for the tips about expressing.

Awwww first smile woohoo. Must have melt your heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    aargh i justhad a huge reply written and bub hub deleted it!!! aargh!!! Now i'll just have to write a condensed one.
    @Tanej78 - all the best for this cycle. I will be praying very hard for you. Big hugs. You really have been to hell and back. Wish i could give you more information but i really don't know what else you could be tested for as my own information is quite limited. But we are always here for you to suppport you through this hard journey.
    @bbhope - aww first smile how lovely. I hope bub feels better real soon. Is he sleeping for a little longer?
    @Minib - wow 37 weeks it really could be any day now. Very excited for you. Which hospital are you going to again?

bubs is good. sorry i haven't been on bubs decided to change routine and sleep only 2.5 hrs at a time over night. Last night he did 2 x 3.5 sleeps and that was a lot better. Now he's doing his 4 hr stretch. Sigh. Does that mean he doesn't know night from day again? i think this afternoon will be interesting after he has had such a long sleep. I think the heat gets to him actually. that's why he only sleeps shorter periods these last few days.

I'm getting him weighed today so FX all is good. Only been topping him up 60ml per day now as i think my milk has increased. expressed before a feed yesterday and got 105ml after 30min of expressing and 3 hrs of not feeding.

bub tends to scream in his sleep and also coughs or sneezes in his sleep and then he goes back to sleep. i don't know if this is reflux? i'm going to ask the nurse but he always makes weird noises when sleeping and i have a feeling it is gas or maybe reflux.

If you have a lump bbhope you can massage it out when feeding or when under a hot shower. But if it is already mastitis i'm not sure how you get rid of it. Yes express is good. i just expressed then cos bub hasn't been up for 4 hrs and i felt my boobs let down themselves. This way i don't ahve to top up with formula and i can relieve my boobs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you xxx @Gelati

Injections start tonight!
    Booked in intralipids today, for next Thursday... @bbhope I'm now wondering if that's too early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick reply. @Tanej78: ideally 7--10 days before 5 days transfer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was the weigh in @Gelati

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - weigh in went well. bubs gained 200g in a week so they said stop top ups. I don't want to but she was like, um 60ml a day isn't doing much for him anyways you know? lol. I don't care i'm still going to give it to him. He doesn't throw it up and drinks it so if i feel like he's fussy after a feed i'll give him more. Even tho the gain is normal he is still only 35th percentile in weight and he was 85th when he was born. He's slowly moving back up the percentiles but i want him back in the 85th as that is his lenth percentile as well. He should be 5kg by now but only 4.1kg. I want to fatten him up! hahah

Mum has moved in since dh has gone to work and it has been fantastic. Ever since i just let my mum look after him she has managed to settle him and ever since that i just let her do what she believes is right and guess what? she was right? ever since i've had her look after him he is calmer after a feed and he's been crying less after a feed before sleeping. She's even gotten him to fall asleep by himself in his cot twice without him crying it out....just put him in there when his eyes are open but no crying and slowly he fell asleep with her rocking him and then she walked away and then came back and he was asleep! i was worried she wanted to let him cry it out so we compromised and she said she wouldn't let him cry in the bassinet for more than a few minutes without picking him up and soothing. So i apologised to her with my rudeness. I felt really bad. She's been so good so far and we've compromised on a few things.

Maternal health nurse told me yesterday we should be starting to teach him to fall asleep in his cot by himself and if he cant do that by 3 months they will start teaching us methods and intervening. That put a flame up my ***!

How are you feeling @Minib? how did your swab test go? Have you guys got names ready for the little one? I just realised today that i got stretch marks on my thighs. didn't realise they stretched out!! But my legs certainly look skinnier than when i was pregnant!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: it changes from day to day. I am happy if he can sleep 1hr straight. It does seems better because he sometime slept for 2--3hrs now with minor reflux or wind interruption. We are finding different way to cope with his reflux but he mainly likes to sleep in our arm with an angle. The SIDS recommendation is out the window for reflux baby. We tilt his cot and change mat, hold him to sleep or a pillow in the afternoon while someone can supervise. Pillow seems to be the best which gives him non interrupted sleep for 2hrs sometime and he doesn't slide down. The cot isn't tilted enough but Bub still slides down.

He makes a lot of noise the first half of last night. I just ignore it most of the time unless it is getting serious with his reflux. I feel so bad letting him suffer so he is sleeping on my chest the Second half of the night. Me...no sleep but shut eyes. Thankfully, my mom let me have the bed last night. Otherwise, I won't put him on my chest to sleep on the sofa. Too dangerous. With the bed, if he falls, still plenty of space on the bed. We just went to buy a nursing chair. When bub is hard to settle in the evening, he likes to be rocked. The chair will be useful because my back is hurting from holding, rocking him to sleep.

You will know if bub has reflux or wind. They would be very unsettled. Let alone talking about 2--4 hrs sleep. You are very lucky.
    @Minib: I am sure that u r excited!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - so happy to hear that bub can now sometimes sleep 2-3hrs and is slowly getting better. What a relief for you and for little bubby too, poor little thing. It's so hard to watch them in pain. Actually we've slightly tilted his bassinet too. Not by much, just put a little towel underneath so he's not lying completely flat. It's hard on their digestive system when completely flat as they can't keep down acid. I think a little tilt can't hurt. But whatever works for you...especially if bub has bad reflux i rekon do whatever relieves bubs.

That's great you go the rocking chair and it works for soothing bubs. I'm starting to think our one doesn't really like being in our arms and would prefer to fall asleep in his own cot if only he knew how to soothe himself. And the crying is because he is tired but doesn't know how to fall asleep so he's frustrated. Bubs is 4 weeks today!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to vent. What a waste of time going to do the GTT and OB appt today. 4hrs+ all up and nothing!!!! Dh has to take time off work this week for me to do all these. The person who took the blood messed it up. She was a substitute that day and seemed disorganised and stressed out. Apparently, she only wrote my name on one tube and didn't for the other two. The lab can't process them if there isn't any name despite being in the same bag. OB felt a bad. He wrote me another GTT referral, a script for the mortilium and checked my uterus. That's all. He would call me for the result. I would be mad if I have to make another appt again. Moving house. It will be one hr drive to OB office in contrast to 30mins. Anyway, I am officially graduated from OB office.