Closed Thread
Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: my mom has the DTAP. Speaking of this, real estate agent wants to do an open house inspection this coming friday. So much about avoiding visitor before bub gets his needle. DH now suggests to bring bub out for a walk during that time but you certainly can't avoid people sneezing, coughing whatever in the house during the visit.
    @Gelati: Tanej78 certainly has it right. There are good and bad days with bub. There is no such thing as a routine or schedule. I've learned to take it one day at a time. At the moment, we are just battling with his stomach problem, which is keeping him awake and unhappy. It has become a norm for bub not sleeping for hours. Even if he sleeps, he constant woken up by upset stomach. I keep wondering if bub is colic but i personally don't believe crying without a reason. And we know the exact reason for it. The dr can prescribe medication to treat reflux. That's if the paed is willing to do it.

We are now going through the third way of sterilizing the bottles and preparing the formula. We will see if there is an improvement. Ironically, the way of me expressing BM and storing it makes no sterilisation at all. This is more of a concern to me.

Bub will get more air while using the bottle. Keep in mind that it isn't problem free with BF either. We have gone through the process of buying new set of teats etc. For us, there is no other choice but to bottle feed him. I would rather not to starve him.

Yes, bub has gone through his first wonder week as well.
    @Tanej78: enjoy last day with DH at home.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I would rather take the baby out for a walk instead of staying home during the house inspection. It's fine to have Bub out. People don't hug or touch your Bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh each day is different. We had a bad day fx tmr is different. Have mothers club tmr.

I called breastfeeding Australia and they gave me some good tips. It's nice to have that kind of support. They said as long as supply is low don't worry about putting bubs on boobs all the time even if it is to comfort. Once we can rule out hunger and supply issues then we can start working on other ways to soothe bubs.

Bubs is getting used to bottle now. Hope that doesn't make him too lazy sucking on boobs.

Oh that sux bbhope. I would take Bub for a walk. Midwife said that's better than being in a room full of ppl. Fresh open air is good for bubs as long as not near playground or places with kids/ppl

@Apples1234 it's too hard to let them cry it out at this young age. They don't understand and can cry for hrs sometimes choking or vomiting. I think crying it out works from 3 mths onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it is good to have support. I have called nurse/WA parenting helpline twice, although it is not very useful. They just told me to bring bub to hospital. Do you think the breastfeeding helpline helps with feeding in general? I feel like there is a lot of helps with breastfeeding and less on bottle feeding. LOL. The first two weeks is all about feeding. Then, things get complicated in our case.

I don't think i would let bub cries it all out at this age. It is very stressful to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes def less support for formula feeding. I found them really useful cos I'm still solely breastfeed. They told me bubs was most likely not feeling great cos the 60ml was too much. Apparently with bottle they will just drink whatever you give them. Also the test was wrong don't think it was slow flow.

So last night I gave but only 25-30ml for each of the two night feeds and used slow flow teat and had him drinking from an upright position. Then I burped him for about 10 min or just walked around with him in upright position and he seemed OK. Slept 2x 4 hrs!

Bbhope my friend suggested mixing more water in with formula if it is upsetting bubs stomach which nan did you get? My friend suggested nan comfort.

Big day today. Bubs is getting weighed! Fx he put on more than 100g!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with it all ladies. I'm jumping off this thread and just sticking to Oct/Nov FET thread. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone is telling me that 120ml is too much for a 2w old. I think he just has a growth spurt and was catching up on weight. On the other hand, if he has reflux, it also explains his over eating behaviour sometime. 60ml is totally normal for a 2w old. If you go by weight, 4kg baby needs 720ml per day. That's 90ml per feed if 8 feed per day.

No, it is certainly not true about baby takes whatever you give them in the bottle. My bub certainly isn't drinking it dry if he is full. We are giving him less to start with these days (90ml) because I can give him more BM if he still demands after a bottle. BF first unless I am having super low supply in the night. He is weighting 4.7kg, ~100ml per feed if 8x. Boy tends to eat more! There is a rough guideline on the internet based on his weight.
    @Apples1234: all the best. Wish u get your bfp soon and feel free to come back and join us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope no I mean after a breastfeed. All my bottles are just top up as I am still breast feeding. I think he gets at least 60-70ml from a breast feed so they said 60ml after was too much. And you can go from bubs behaviour. He was not happy last night lots of fussing, burp. Farts. I hope my supply is going up. As you say boys demand a lot. I feed around 7-8 time a day. Shorter during the day as I save top ups for night time he only gets one top up during the day. I just feed him more often.

I think the teat was the problem. It was coming out so fast it was dribbling down his chin. Slow flow teat last night was much better. Oh wells whatever the reason glad Bub had a good night and I got some sleep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 - good luck with everything. Hope to hear your good news soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It certainly is difficult to tell from the BF. I always thought I have more at night until I pump. Just go by your gut. Burping, fart etc is all normal.

Yes right teat makes a huge difference. I can't believe that we were on the wrong teat for 3 weeks. Way too fast. Avent teat is slow but somehow the shape just doesn't fit bub mouth and thus the leaking. We actually replace all the avent teat to pigeon SS teat. Even the S is way too fast for bub. Interesting enough. Ever since I changed the teat, bub refuses to use the pigeon slim neck bottle. Wide neck might just be very similar to breast.
    @Minib and @Tanej78. Hope you ladies had a good time for the rest of the weekend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-11-2015)