Closed Thread
Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Apples1234 you think tummy upset from top up? But it's expressed milk how can that cause upset? Or did I give him too much? I'm so confused. Can't wait for weigh in tmr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: a lot of things can change during labor so don't worry too much. I wasn't in the best shape after labour but I somehow managed it to the end.
    @Gelati: ya, feel like ages. It is about learning every day. When bub started to sleep less, I was worrying but all my friends said the textbook is bull$hit because their baby only sleeps for an hr or two. Short nap is totally normal. Also baby tends to confuse with day and night. I shouldn't expect the same every day. Certainly, as a new parent, we keep wondering a lot whenever bub changes behaviour.

Oh. I said stopping BF meaning I will still express but not feeding. However, through talking to few ladies on BH, bub might have silent reflux which is causing all the pain and unrest. I might move the paed appt up to 5w. But DH and I have a little disagreement. He doesn't like to see bub suffering but two Drs have said nothing wrong but to ride it out. It depends on paed so it might be the lucky draw to hope he makes the proper diagnosis. If he misses it, I will not be able to convince DH to bring bub to see another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati are you able to ring the hospital or Australian breastfeeding association to ask about the crying? I have no idea what it could be. But I thought sometimes babies have fake cry as in not emotional, hungry or sick. More like a fake protest cry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hopefully the paed can tell you if there's anything wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls did your parents get vaccinated for whooping cough only or TDAP (adult tetanus, Diphtheria and pertussis)?

I doubt my parents have ever been vaccinated for tetanus given where they grew up. I've only heard of pertussis vaccine ie whooping cough but my OB never mentioned tetanus and Diphtheria. What's your view?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope what are you hoping dr can do if diagnosed with reflux? I read that as long as Bub is gaining weight then they don't see the reflux as an issue? Have you heard of this magic baby tea that is meant to help me with upset tummy and colic? They said research shows colic is related to stomach upset.

Omg Bub has not slept for the last 3 hrs!!! Just crying or lying in bassinet with eyes wide open. I think bottle feeding makes him feel upset in the tummy. Lots of gas and farting and hiccuping. Now I think he's overtired. Keeps yawning but won't sleep! I've fed him twice with a 30ml top up and nothing. This is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I may call and ask cos this is ridiculous!!! He is def full, had diaper changed and is tired. Why can't he just go to sleep. Only time he sleeps is if I put him in my boob and then rock him he falls asleep but as soon as in cot he just wakes up!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    Omg after last night's mammoth top up he had the worst night ever! At first he slept 3 hrs which I thot yeh that's fine even tho normally he sleeps 4 over night but 3 is normal. But from 2am he would not sleep more than 30min till 7am!! Did that big top up upset his stomach or did it give him extra energy to scream all night? What went wrong??? I'm thinking we def have to get formula now. Im exhausted luckily for dh
    @Gelati
    Sometimes there won't be a specific reason, growth spurt, cluster feed, unsettled... Don't automatically think formula, that may just complicate it or his tummy.... Have you tried some advice from a lactation consultant? Or the Aust breast feeding peeps?

I don't know much but know there are always going to be bad nights, he won't b in a routine yet the first 12weeks they call the 4th trimester.... It's all him learning to be on the outside as much as you guys learning to help him... Hugs... Read some stuff on 4 trimester & wonder weeks... But just know you are doing amazing, don't judge yourself too hard 😘😘😘 you too @bbhope

AFM im knackered... Husbands bday party yesterday and of course I didn't drink but feel like I'm hungover.. One more day left with him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ minib - our whooping cough vaccine includes tetanus.

@Tanej78 - enjoy last day with dh. Fx next time you see each other there will be big celebrations!!

I don't know what's wrong with him. Slept 1 hr between 2-6 and cried the rest unless feeding. He's too young for colic. I think he's not feeling right. All started after using the bottle!!! Maybe he's just getting used to the change. I hope he's ok. He's finally down now but not sure how long he'll be down for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I had dinner with a friend and she told me her first baby wouldn't sleep anywhere except in her arms for 13 weeks! She said it was horrible and a few times she fell asleep with her in her arms and she felt shocking cos she could have suffocated her. Then one day out of nowhere she went to sleep. I don't know but if it were me I'd hope I was strong enough to leave the baby in the cot crying until it eventually slept. It's probably a lot easier said than done but they can't stay awake forever