Closed Thread
Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib you might be ok. I'm not like that every time with my mum. Today's been a good day and she's actually said some nice encouraging things. I'm sure you'll have good days and bad. Yesterday was a bad day for me.

@Tanej78 - yes come chat to us if that helps. Anything to get you through the 2ww in terms of bd'ing I would wait till after 14 weeks at least. Please don't judge but we didn't bd at all the whole 9'months. Did other things but I didn't want to risk it even tho dr said it is fine I was a bit paranoid!

@bbhope boot camp seems to be working. My breasts feel harder and fuller before each feed now. I am also getting more express after each feed. Sometimes only get 10ml or less but at least every second express I can get betwee 20 - 40ml after a feed. That's not bad yeh? I feel so empty after I express tho. Haha feels so light. Oh I am with you. If Bub was only sleeping 2-3 hrs between feeds (from start of feed) i wouldn't be doing this either. Sleep is more important than getting supply up for sure! How is Bub doing? Is constipation over now?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I imagine I'll have good and bad days with mum. The good thing is my mum doesn't know how to be mad at me for a long time. So I'm sure she will forgive me even if I'm rude to her.
    @Gelati no judgment. We only BD less than 5 times this whole pregnancy. When I'm 38 weeks and can't wait for baby to arrive I might seduce DH haha to induce labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati no judgment! @Minib I think I'll be the same....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: will send you a PM

Bub doesn't have constipation problem. He is going the opposite at the moment. A lot of poo, although no diarrhea. This has been going on for a week now. I feel so helpless of not knowing what else to do. We hesitate to bring him to the hospital because of all the virus, germ that are floating around in the air. He is passing a LOT of gas. He can hardly sleep through because suffering from the gas pain. It is so painful to watch him suffer everytime he tries to pass the gas. A normal happy baby isn't too happy these days. Sigh.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope let me know if my reply came through...

Oh poor wee babe hope it sorts out soon 😔

Today I had a newborn shoot this morning then shopping for husbands birthday party tomorrow... I'm exhausted! Feeling something down there but not sure what... Trying to not read into it... We were going to go out tonight but I think I need to couch it

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I talked to my mum about the baby crying all the time cos I was actually think omg do they do that!!? Anyway she said that is not normal and it may have something like reflux. Maybe go to your doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - well fx!! I was the same as you, thinking what was that? That feels diff and then dismissing it because it was so minor a feeling. Well it ended up being something! In fact I felt some tugging feelings behind belly button the day of transfer but dismissed it. I mean what would I know never having been pregnant before! Lol.

@bbhope poor little bubby. That sounds awful. Are you getting any sleep? You must be exhausted. Big hugs. I hope he feels better real soon.

Afm - breastfeeding boot camp is so frustrating. When I get nothing during an express I feel so down and annoyed at my body. I feel bad if Bub is going hungry and feed him my precious stock pile of breast milk. Now whenever he cries continuously I just assume he's hungry even if he may not be?? I read a two week old needs over 100ml per feed. I'm not sure I have that much for him and I don't have enough express to top him up each feed. I feel bad for him and I hate my body sometimes for not producing more and then I think I'm not relaxing enough to let down during expressing when I get nothing. I think I'm going to resort to formula soon. See what he weighs on mon. I also have my first mothers group meeting on mon and feeling so scared that I won't be able to settle bubs. I just can't seem to settle him unless I put him in the boob. And he doesn't just lie quietly in my arms. Either he falls asleep, feeds of is crying. It's so hard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i got some sleep because my mom is here. If she isn't, i certainly will not have any.

We gave in and took him to the hospital last night. After hrs of waiting, trying to sooth him in between, we were only told that he is "colic". I don't think he really is because he cries for a reason. As for colic, there isn't any reason at all. Other than telling us to burp him more, there isn't anything more we could do. That means we will continue to see him suffer. The only upside is that they took swab samples of his tear/secretion from his sticky eye to rule out infection. We really hope that he didn't get any bug that's floating around in the hospital.

They set up the mother group so early? Our hospital sets up an afternoon tea in a week or two but I haven't thought of going. I don't really have the motivation to bring bub out at this point. With the stomach problem going on, so hard to predict what would happen.

As for feeding, totally get what you meant. I went through a similar ordeal until i gave up the boot camp. Just too much stress. Bub is now growing healthy with good weight so I am happy on this part. I am not saying you should give up the boot camp. I see your problem is less severe than me and i believe you can make it works. I'm on mortilium after 2 weeks of trying fenugreek. It does increase my supply. Well, my bub eating habit is unusual. A 2 weeks old shouldn't demand 100ml. 70 ml on average per feed. Boy tends to eat more. Bub was up to 120ml sometime. That's a lot for his age! He keeps having a similar trend -- asking for more. He might be confused with gas and hunger. Who knows.......
    @Apples1234: it depends on the baby. My colleague's baby cried non-stop every 50 mins sleep interval -- colic. I keep saying bub is colic but DH says that the symptoms don't match. He certainly doesn't cry more than 3 hrs per day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep but I just meant that a baby wouldn't cry like that with no problems is what mum said. Colic explains it. If you're interested here are some gentle baby yoga poses to help relieve gas http://youtu.be/hi3zJRz6U1w

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's one of my biggest hates. Waiting in hospital for ages to be told it's nothing. Doesn't sound like colic. Sounds like he's in pain from the gas. Is that from the formula? Does it look like it's getting better?

Ok so two potentially positive things happened today. After one feed I gave Bub 25ml expressed and he couldn't finish last 5ml and another feed he had a mouthful of milk and spat out the nipple. Also when drinking it sounded like he had bigger gulps?? During that feed he only had one side really and seemed satisfied. So maybe supply is increasing?? Omg I hope so. Tonight I'm topping up 60ml so see how much he takes and how long it takes for him to finish a 60ml top up. I hope his weigh in on Monday is positive. Otherwise I'm resorting to formula top up as this is all way too stressful and I don't need the extra stress of a hungry baby and constantly staring at my boobs hoping they'll let down during expressing!!

@Minib - week 35 next week? Eek you will be full term in a fortnight so anytime after that really!! Did Ob tell you if bubs was anterior?

@Apples1234 - where are you in your cycle now?

@Tanej78 - how you feeling?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-11-2015)