Closed Thread
Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not showering and not washing my hair - mum told me that too but I shut that down very quickly. I told her if she can't accept those two things then it won't work. She accepted that but insisted not going out unless I go to see the doctor or medical appointment. I'm not allowed to go out shopping etc. I said that's fine. She would have to do that for me.

The longan and date drink - yuck. I don't like it either. She wants me to drink it and she knows I don't like sweet drinks so she said let's compromise later.

What do you mean no vegie?

If you aren't doing confinement and she knows it, why all the rules? I'm doing it. I don't want to but mum insisted and I don't have the heart or energy to fight with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do minimal shopping. It is necessary shopping trips like buying baby bottles, formula etc. DH does the rest normally.

My sugar level hasn't been great because of the drink. I wasted the whole pot the other day because i really need a break from it. My water intake hasn't been great because I am not allowed to have filtered tap water either.

Today, i just let her deal with bub a lot since she doesn't like anything i do.

Oh...DH and i actually read the confinement day by day recipe book. Wow...DH commented that there is hardly any vege in any of the dish. All meat. The non-vege type is black and red bean which you know bean causes gas. I have gas problem in the last couple of days due to broccoli (i didn't know about this one until now). Bub has indigestion and a lot of gas so we really don't know if it was me. I certainly sure that formula is one of the problems. So ya, she commented that the reason for not having veges during the confinement period........

No idea why she is so obsessed about the confinement diet. I know it is good for me but i need to take care of my blood sugar level as well. So much carb.......I am doing the GTT in two weeks time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib not a lot trying to keep busy with work stuff... Husband is here til Tuesday, so it will prob just be the last half of TWW that I go a bit mental lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @bbhope i really feel for you. I'm fighting with my mum too. She seems to think low milk supply is to do with what i'm eating. She says i'm not eating enough and keeps stuffing me with more food and then goes to say i'm still not eating enough!!! And she keeps going on and on about it. It's like sitting next to a broken record player. Does my head in. My stress levels always go through the roof when she is around. Why are mums so bad? Why did i think it would be great to have mum around??? It seems to be quite a common thing amongst all my friends.

Bbhope - i really don't have much advice because all i want to do is tell my mum where to go. In fact i just told her off and she's gone home. She's really doing my head in....i really want to put her head or my head through a wall when she is around. What do i do???!!!!

Anyways, breath..........

So i went to see the lactation nurse today and they said they think bubs is looking well and my milk supply is slightly low so focus on bringing that up. No substituting formula at this stage and then next weigh in 4 days see if he's put on enough. I'm basically on breastfeeding boot camp. Need to express after every feed and need to monitor bubs 100% of the time when he is feeding to make sure he is active sucking the whole time. i'm tired just thinking about it!!
    @Minib - no sorry can't express before bub is awake as i'm usually dead to the world. There is no way in hell i can get myself up before bub is awake given he sleeps about 4-5 hrs then 3 hrs but you never know which order etc. No way i can give up my sleep! hahah. Lactation nurse said express after each feed. Atm i got 20ml twice. Fingers crossed that my supply is increasing as i'm letting down at each express (well those 2 times anyways). It's soo stressful girls....seriously!! i underestimated how stressful breastfeeding is when it doesn't go right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: enjoy the time with DH at home.
    @Gelati: Yes, BF with low supply is stressful. Now, you know why i gave up the BF, top up and pump routine. I was constantly stressed about it. You are lucky that bub is sleeping 4--5 hrs. DS only sleeps 1--2 hrs so go and figure if i have to do pump after each feed. I will have zero sleep. I'll go mental. It is hard as it is. Low supply problem is easily solved in early day. As I mentioned, i never seem to catch up his demand. Hopefully, you don't have to do top up. It is a lot of work with bottle feeding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 enjoy time with DH. On your second week, come talk to us more. I am always up for a chat. Or watch a lot of trash TV to kill time.
    @bbhope @Gelati gosh now I'm worried about mum moving in for a month. I try my best not to upset her but I don't have the best patience to start with. And with lack of sleep, the stress of breastfeeding or feeding in general etc I would probably lose it. Actually I will most likely lose it if she criticises me.

Just ignore them as much as you can. If they keep nagging, ignore them even more! Lol hopefully they get the message.
    @bbhope with your GD I would also be more careful about sugar and carb intake. I thought confinement has lots of vegie. Mum told me she will cook me vegie, fish and meat. I know I'll have lots of chicken essence and herbal soup. I happen to like those. The previous generation really believe in confinement. Mum told me confinement can fix all issues if done properly. And she actually truly believes in it.
    @Gelati not good that your mum stresses you out. Lack of sleep and stress can cause low supply of breastmilk but also more importantly your sanity.

I really hope my mum doesn't stress me out.

I wouldn't give up sleep if I were you as well @Gelati. It's very important to rest.

Mum wants me to put the cot in our bedroom so it's easier for me. I said no because DH needs his rest. He has to work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Minib I might just do that!

My mum drives me a little crazy now and she's interstate hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i think you will be fine. My friend. who also likes to please her mom, did fine during confinement. I am not because I have too much of my own opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so can I ask a slightly personal question... When did u feel comfortable BD'ing again with DP/DH?

I def don't feel comfortable during TWW and won't be... But once I get BFP, I'm not sure how I'll feel? I'm thinking I'll be holding him off til atleast 12weeks? Is that overkill?

Please don't feel you have to answer 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 no BD for me until 13 weeks. I didn't feel comfortable. Second Tri was ok. Third Tri I'm too big now. It's harder lol and DH is too worried to hurt me or baby. Silly him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-11-2015)