Closed Thread
Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I am glad that i can do direct payment. However, i wonder if centrelink would be a bit more strict about checking if i am actually employed etc and the approval process would take longer. Guess what? Our HR department hasn't even gotten back to me about my parental leave form! It isn't my fault if they can't approve it in time. Their fault! My manager and boss are aware of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati yeah the spasm has eased off. Exercise and stretching really help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope your hr department sound hopeless. Can you chase up with them? How frustrating
    @Minib yes i think my exercises are the only thing that's kept me from feeling pain during pregnancy given how big i was early on. Carrying such a heavy load around must put strain on our bones and back. Having said that i had a lot of pain yesterday in my pelvic region which also caused lower back pain. I think what caused it was that i was straddling my dining room table (apparently that helps turning a baby) but i think it stretched my pelvis out or made it unstable and it was soo painful yesterday. I'll skip my walk today and continue doing pelvic exercises in a hope to make it better. I'm so annoyed at myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Gelati I had pelvic bone pain too for a week. I straddled a big suitcase. What was I thinking? Lol. Not straddling anything after that. I think that's how I got sore bum muscle. Started from pelvic bone
    @Tanej78 good to keep yourself busy. I always struggled with second week of tww.
    @bbhope agree your hr department doesn't sound very good. I don't think I'll have issue with mine. Hopefully not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @bbhope your hr department sound hopeless. Can you chase up with them? How frustrating
    @Minib yes i think my exercises are the only thing that's kept me from feeling pain during pregnancy given how big i was early on. Carrying such a heavy load around must put strain on our bones and back. Having said that i had a lot of pain yesterday in my pelvic region which also caused lower back pain. I think what caused it was that i was straddling my dining room table (apparently that helps turning a baby) but i think it stretched my pelvis out or made it unstable and it was soo painful yesterday. I'll skip my walk today and continue doing pelvic exercises in a hope to make it better. I'm so annoyed at myself.
    @Gelati be careful about pelvic pain it can turn into something called Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or Symphis Pubis Pain (SPP) which can get bad fast and the last thing you should do with either of those is stretch the pelvis further. Rest and see a GP for referral to a Physio if it doesn't get better fast.

I had it and ended up on crutches for the last trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip @ScubaGal and for dropping in I feel better today after resting and not aggravating it further. Pelvic floor exercises seem to be helping too. Oh poor thing - crutches? You must have been in quite a bit of pain. I bet you're glad that's behind you. How's bubby going? You must be on cloud 9. Congratulations hun! 😘

@Minib - sorry I meant dining room chair not table. Lol!! But yes no straddling anything anymore. Hopefully no long term damage. I'm feeling much better today.

@Tanej78 almost halfway there How you feeling?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati thought I felt a bit of twinging today, but trying not to read into it... Keeping busy with work stuff and hopefully sunshine on the weekend now ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh @Tanej78 twinging sounds promising. But completely understand I was the same. Had some mild lower back pain but Thot it could be the office chair so just tried to assume it was that rather than getting hopes up. Hope you enjoy the weekend and can stay busy 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya HR is hopeless. At this rate, I might be even able to tell them when bub is going to be born.

OB appt today. Woohoo. He got a new machine and i have a print out. Bub was facing us. Well, I asked about the position. Just as I suspected, he is still in the ROT position. I can feel him leaning one side all the time. This means that the chance for him turning to posterior is fairly high. It normally takes a long time for the Bub to turn during labor in ROT position. OB said that i can still deliver in posterior. They just have to monitor in case baby gets stuck. Also, he is keen to induce me soon after 38w. He just doesn't want to risk anything. Fine by me. Most importantly is to have the baby safe and sound. It sounds like I am pretty much doom to have a caesarean in the end. Oh well....i will see. Hmmm...38w. Feel like fairly soon! I better get things ready this weekend.

Ok, will check back later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - i had my growth scan today and bub was in ROT too. From what i feel i think bub moves from ROT to posterior to LOT. But never anterior. The lady said that placenta is up high well away from cervix. I've heard the higher the placenta the more likely bub will move to anterior during labour but who knows. She also said bub has still quite a bit of room to move so i'll still do some positions (such as all 4s and sitting up straight or lean forward) can't hurt. No more straddling tho lol.

Wow 38 weeks...def not long now! you don't know if you'll have c or not. Anything is still possible. But def healthy baby and mum is what is most important. Doesn't matter how they enter the world. Wow really not long for you now! how exciting!