Closed Thread
Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats @Tanej78!! Everything crossed for you!!

Great news @Minib. Not long to go now! Xx

@bbhope Bub didn't gain enough weight this week I now think I have a supply issue. Tried to pump today but it's so hard. Didn't even get 20ml. How much did you get at 2 weeks? How long did you pump before let down reflex? I can seem to get myself to let down

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @Tanej78 congrats on being PUPO. How are you feeling now? When is BT?
    Felt much better after acupuncture
    I think BT will be 13 or 14th I'll find out tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just expressed before a feed and only got 50ml. My nipples are going to deteriorate quickly at this rate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: how much did he gain? After my experience with the child health nurse, i kinda take the weight gain as a grain of sand. Have you checked out the WHO weight calculator for babies? The child health nurse said bub is overweight while the calculator actually puts him on 50 percentile. He was born underweight.

It depends on what time of the day I am pumping and how often. I am only pumping once a day and put bub on my boobs as much as i can. My boobs only feel super full in the morning. As I mentioned, I am not trying hard anymore so no pumping after every feed. My supply also fluctuate. They leak sometime.......so i might in fact have a lot of milk just cant keep up with a big eater and frequent feed. I was able to get 120ml in the last two days in one pump session. Honestly, I don't use the pump correctly. I normally just use the "massage" mode which get the milk out faster than the "expression" mode. I also hand massage the boobs if the flow slows down.

Bub doesn't eat much in early day. They start at 30ml? You might have enough. Also, pumping is different than bub eating. Bub is more efficient in sucking out the milk than the pump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: 50ml in early day is pretty good. I hardly get 20ml early on. That's why i can never keep up bub demand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He only gained 70g in 6 days. Funny is 45g in first 2 and 25g in last 4 - why?? And he has lots of dirty and wet. And after a feed he settles and is happy. How can he be hungry l? But then gain such little weight?

I'm not sure how much was left in my boobs but then I gave him the 50ml after and he drank all that! Maybe I had very little left in boobs after that.
    Yeh son can get more out of boobs than pump. I hope I can increase my supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yeah for seeing the bub. It must be amazing seeing bub at 34w.
    @Gelati: we have the opposite problem. Although bub is still on the right track, he is now at 67 perccentile on weight. He is gaining quite rapidly. He is demanding food so there isn't much we can do about it.

*Warning: vent post.

As usual, I have my daily argument with my mom last night. I don't know who is more anxious. Me or her?! Whenever bub was crying or unsettled in the middle of the night, she rushed out and took over. She didn't tell me what not to do nicely everytime but rather like criticizing me. Last night, I interpreted bub cue wrongly. He was hungry and didn't want to be burped so he started to make fuss. Sure, bub was much calmer after she took over with the feeding. She accused me being impatient, like to sleep, stubborn etc. I was furious. In the end, I just told her that baby doesn't need to grow up in an environment with all the fighting. He supposes to grow up in a happy family. As usual, she just said those angry word about going back home tomorrow. Sigh.....it does sound like having her around longer will only cause more severe conflicts. I don't know the advantage of having her around is outweighing the disadvantage at the moment.

Now, she is complaining about me on the phone with a relative. I don't know why she is so obsess about confinement. Everything is like my fault because i don't want to do confinement and the end result is an unhappy baby.

Also, she criticizes my feeding habit and me trusting the textbook and online info too much. She doesn't like me to BF and then top up because i have no way of knowing how much bub has eaten. She keeps pushing me to bottle feed first and then top up with my breast. I said that supply will drop if i keep doing this. Then saying I should just pump after each feed! WTF!?
    Last edited by bbhope; 05-11-2015 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm so sorry your mum and you have had a few blues. With Asian parents, I found they don't know how to say not to do certain things nicely. It's not in their upbringing. My parents can be like that too. They tell me what to do. And when we fought, they have also said things like "I'm going home. Book me a ticket and I don't want to come here again" lol I've heard that a few times. I ignore them because I know they never mean it. They just said it out of anger and don't know any better. I've told them plenty of time that's not how to resolve conflict but I suppose they really don't know any better because that's what their parents did. Hugs! Hopefully when your mum has calmed down you can tell her that it's hurtful to hear those things when you are a new mum. Baby is your biggest focus and not your mums feeling. If she can't work with you, it's going to be hard and not good for the baby.
    @Tanej78 I hope you have some good plans to kill time during tww. I hate tww. I am really hoping this is your cycle and no more cycling. I find acupuncture very relaxing.
    @Gelati what time do you express? Could you express first thing in the morning when you get up? Before you feed Bub so you have more milk?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope what confinement stuff she wants you to do and you don't want to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like not going out, not showering, washing my hair, some confinement diet such as drinking alcohol, decreases the intake of longan and date tea, no veges, Basically, she keeps saying don't do this and that within the confinement period. The fact is that I am not doing the confinement so just stop using that wording over and over again. To me, what choice do i have?? It isn't like i can just lie in the bed for the 30 days and have someone else takes care of my baby, which i don't want to anyway.

Note: the going out part....i need to run some errand sometime! That's the purpose of having an extra person to watch for bub.