Closed Thread
Page 77 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: FX and will think of you!

Endless arguments with my mom today. Mainly about bub. I can't even say what i like at home because what i said is not good due to superstitious.......sigh. i can't wait 30 days to be over so she can stop telling me that my decision for not doing the confinement is a mistake. @Minib: I am so impressed that you are willing to do it. I am doing some of it and it already drives me bonker. DH and i read through the confinement diet book that she brought. We commented that it is so unhealthy for a diet without any vegetable. And now, my ignorance (apparently according to her) for insisting of having veges might be the cause for bub's gas problem.

Completely random question. Why is car insurance getting more expensive every year? I would think that the car value decreases and the insurance cover is less. Thus the premium should be less......Only in Australia.
    Last edited by bbhope; 03-11-2015 at 15:55.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gelati yep results all good so Meds start tomorrow and first scan on Monday 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point @bbhope @Gelati not necessarily the weight but also the length. Hm my DH is so tall I'm sure our baby can't be too short. DH is over 190cm.
    @Gelati I've heard of Manduca. Again I've heard great review too lol. You just need to pick which one you like best. Good to see the burping help. It will minimise the wind so he can feed the right portion and not get hungry quickly.
    @bbhope I also doubt your BM is the problem. Must be the formula. Hopefully the new brand suits your baby better.
    @Tanej78 good luck tomorrow. Will be sending you good luck at 1 pm tomorrow.
    @Apples1234 good to hear good baseline results. Bring on the FET!
    @bbhope the premium covers the change in risk profile of the area, repair cost, etc. I've asked the insurance company about this. It does go up so you could shop around if needed. It

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm impatiently waiting for baby to be full term. I can't wait to see her and kiss her. Of course I don't want her to come before full term. 3 more weeks to full term. I have 3.5 weeks of work left. Gosh that drags!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @Apples1234!!

@bbhope You poor thing. I feel for you. My mum thinks bubs was restless yesterday cos I'm not eating enough and breastmilk no good. Can you believe it?? I love dh being home but like I said having mum over is good and bad. She criticised all time and asks why I'm doing something every time i do something. She comments that bubs skin has baby acne on it (what do you want me to do about it??) and that I'm getting pimples cos im not sleeping well (no da I just had a baby!!!). She just kills me. Like I said I can't imagine I would want my mum over all the time after dh goes back to work. I just need to be able to soothe bubs and then I'm all set. I don't want to be ungrateful cos she cooks and cleans for me and I'm sure she just had my best interests at heart but god she gets on my nerves sometimes!!!

@Minib - my neighbour just lent me her baby bjorn I'll let you know if any good. Oh I know how that feels. Full term will be here before you know it! But by 34 weeks I was happy just to know bubs has like a 99% chance of survival if he comes early. That's a nice reassurance. Omg hun I can't believe you are going to meet bubs soon!! This is just awesome. Look at us all!!

I haven't gotten much done today. Bubs has slept really well today and I still haven't gotten much done. Doh!! The day really just zooms past when you have a baby. It's scary!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati tell your mum it's not acne it's milia and most babies get it. Little bumps on the cheeks nose and chin and it's completely harmless and goes away on its own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Apples1234. I've tried to tell her but she still seems to think I had a hand in it somehow. Thru my breastmilk or something. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big sigh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: Yup. Exactly my feeling. She is helping to cook and clean. I won't have time to do that if she isnt here. Bub is unsettled and is not feeling well. He cries very often now. Asking for comfort. Otherwise, he rarely cries. If he does always a short/gentle cry. I was so exhausted this morning and couldn't get myself up. My mom literally let him cry to sleep. It stresses everyone out because he is unwell. I totally get it. It isn't helping if we start doing the blaming game. I am banned from eating veges from now on.......

Also, bub skin was so much smoother when he was born. At the moment, it is a bit dry (peeling off) and with a bit of ache. Totally normal. We put the lotion on but the smell is way too strong. DH just commented last night that bub must be very resilience. He only fussed but no cry while going through the gas/indigestion pain. It was like that in the last couple of days. I really hope that he feels better soon with all the gas coming out.
    @Minib: you will get there before you know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope we were told to use cetaphil brand for moisturiser as it is fragrance free. Otherwise we use a little sudacream. Mid wife also suggested we put a couple of drops of olive oil in his bath. We don't use soap to wash him just water and wash every second day. But that's cos I use water to as nappy wipe.

Poor Bub. So he stops crying when you hold him? Our bubs doesn't stop crying when he's held only after awhile and if he's content. Otherwise he only isn't crying when being fed and sleeping. And if he's happy he generally goes to sleep after a feed. Sometimes he doesn't sleep at all between feeds tho.