Closed Thread
Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh so you have to put in fridge even if using the same day? And then heat it up when you want to use it? Can you express and take the bottle out with you rather than need to breast feed out?

I'm not too worried about latch on technique. I'll wait until he is 2 weeks old and start into bottle. Just one bottle a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub has had a bit of a restless day today. Taken 30min - 1 hr of soothing before going down even after a feed. I seriously don't know what I'll do when dh leaves to go back to work. I never thought I would feel scared of my own baby!! Lol why do they have to cry like that? They have done studies and apparently the crying does no harm to babies but the parents blood pressure etc all goes up. Geez!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am not sure about bringing the BM out. I haven't looked into that. I haven't even thought about when i will be going out at all. Most likely until we settle into the new home and bub has his first needle. My guess.....you do have to refrigerate or put in a cooler bag. Formula is only allowed to be in room temperature for up to 2 hrs (roughly). Our hospital let us do formula at room temperature, no warmer. We only do the warmer at home because we assume bub likes slightly warmer milk better due to BM being luke warm.

Haha...yes, i almost wanted to cry when DH went back to work. I just couldn't imagine handling bub all by myself. Thankfully, my mom is here to help. That's why we decide to keep her a bit longer despite all the arguments we have everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope if I could use breastmilk within 2 hrs I'd be happy. Could just express before I go out. Will ask the nurse this week she is coming on wed.

Bub was more unsettled last night as in slept shorter period. He didn't sleep his long stretch this morning and kept crying so I'm feeding again. He seems more hungry but doing more nappies too. Surely can't be cos he's not getting enough milk right?? I'm feeding him more often and he's doing more nappies. What's happening? Growth spurt? He does feel heavier to me in the last day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: when my bub started to sleep less (1hr), I wondered what's going on. Everyone who has a baby told me that it is completely normal. Bub is different everyday. His sleep time ranges from 10mins to 3hrs. He is very much like him in the womb -- can be unrest for a full day and sleep a lot the next. Now, looking back. He actually sleeps a lot more during he first 1.5w and easier to be resettled. It is difficult and still is. It takes a lot of time to learn their personality too. And...just when I thought his constipation problem has been solved, he hasn't passed another poo since yesterday afternoon.
    @Minib: enjoy the 34w scan. I didn't have that and I wish I did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw, he can be in growth spurt. That's when we learned about cluster feeding. Bub was weighted 4.1kg last Monday. He doesn't fit the new born diaper very well anymore and we might have to up his nappy size very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had lining scan today 12mm so systems are all go for FET on Wednesday... Fingers xd embie survives the thaw I've not had a FET with just one and no backups!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - yep main diff is he's sleeping anywhere between 1-3.5hrs now. And he needs to be soothed before going down during the day. He used to go straight down after a feed. Although he does seem to soil his nappy after a feed now and need more burping so he wakes himself up.

Oh 4kg and already can't use newborn soon? I hope I didn't buy too many newborn nappies.

Sorry Bub is constipated again. Poor little thing. Hope he gets better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: it sounded positive. Sending positive vibes.
    @Gelati: that's why I change nappy after feed rather than before. I change less at night because he hates it and I don't want to wake anyone up. Different everyday. U just have to take it one day at a time -- everyone tells me that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Tanej78! Fx for you. I'm sure wed
    Can't come fast enough

@bbhope yeh i know. He's having a bath today so hopefully that makes him sleep nicer. Have you heard of hug a Bub slings? I'm looking into one to carry bubs around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (02-11-2015)