Closed Thread
Page 70 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Oh I'm 34 weeks now. Had my baby shower. Got lots of presents. And have finished shopping. The only things I need to buy are breast pad and nipple cream. Other than that I'm done. Won't pack hospital bag for another week. Don't want to jinx myself. Will pack next weekend. Bub heads is still down but not engaged.

4 more weeks of work! Really counting down now. I'm ready to stop working. And someone asked me if I remember what it feels like not to be pregnant. Honestly I can't. It feels like I've been pregnant my whole life haha. I'm also glad that I don't have to go through the hot summer days in my last trimester. That would be tougher.
    That's awesome, I hope you enjoyed yourself at the shower. 4 weeks!! Excite!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I know from my settling with babies during newborn shoots, it's def true babes can smell you that's why it's easier for DH to soothe.... Don't take it too personally... Have you tried the rugby hold? That can be good for bellies and sort of holding/facing out from the boobs a bit xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 my immune protocol is a steroids/clexane combo with Iv intrapilids used for the first time this cycle. Def have a read of the natural killer cells thread.... It really all depends on you tbh.... I'm doing ivf because I had 3 m/c and ectopic, then my cycles went haywire... Routine testing showed no issues... 2nd FET ended in 5th loss.. Took a year off fell preg twice natural lost both...

In all I've had 5 blastocysts transferred as FET with only the 1 that took ... Was tested this year for NKC and MTHFR... I have the MTHFR Mutation, NKC are "ok" but have high ANA... Had my 2 remaining blast FET in June on new protocol BFN... Since then also had EPU early sept with 1 fresh blast BFN.... Am now waiting FET this week... Only thing new we have added is the intrapilids and we know this is a PGD normal embryo.

So it's a hard recipe to perfect, and such a personal thing, but we are at the point that even though my NKC aren't bad... We are throwing everything at the cycles now to give them the best chance. Talk to your FS if they're not willing to listen or are half hearted in their response then move clinics that's what I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - haven't perfected that hold yet. I also have skinny arms maybe it's uncomfortable for him? It's distressing not being able to soothe him but I just have to keep practicing.
    Yeh do something nice with dh after. Nice walk, fav restaurant

@bbhope yes friends and hospital recommend nan. Good to hear he is already feeling better. A Bub that is not feeling 100% won't sleep well either so that could be why. I have to take my son off the boob each time otherwise he will suck forever. Do you know active sucking vs shallow sucking? Once he stops active sucking you can take him off. Otherwise general rule is no more than 30min per boob. I generally go next longer than 20min per boob. But then he is satisfied and goes straight down. If ur son is still unsettled he may not be given enough milk could be supply issue which means more sucking should increase your supply?

Yes when the have wind they will mouth as well. Our son mouths all the time. He likes to suck but after 20min on each boob I know he's not hungry anymore and will not put him back on the boob.

I burp him after each boob and longer after the first cos that's generally when he eats lots and gets air or hiccups.

During the day I don't swaddle till after feeds but at night I swaddle after first boob as it's easier putting him down after.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: must be good to have hubby home. Enjoy!
    @Gelati: that's why I leave the room when DH feeds him so he doesn't see my boobs. Lol. Certainly supply issue and I try to get him on my boobs as much as possible. I think my boobs are only producing more now because of mortilium. I did notice that it decreases the fullness in the last couple of days when I forgot my morning dose. My boobs flow slow so half an hr suck on both side won't increase my supply. I gave up pumping after each feed. It would be zero sleep. I am going to produce whatever much I have now. I don't think it is going to be more unless I go hardcore which I have decided not to do to stress myself out. I come to peace with BF and supplementing. It makes me less stress. I am stressing other issues DS is having so glad that I let that one go. However I feel guilt every so often especially now he has stomach problem. Well, just like my counsellor said. You solve one problem and open another one. So I just have to take it one at a time.
    @Apples1234: I saw two dr. I have had two chemical pregnancies. Although my FS suspected poor sperm quality was the cause, she ran a bunch of immune BT on me after the first chemical pregnancy. All mine are blastocyst. once my ANA and Nk cell BT show up slightly elevated, she puts me on the known Bondi protocol. I was with IVFA. Dr Gavin sacks writes up the protocol. everyone there is free to use. Basically, same as what tanej78 has said. Steroid, clexane, intralipid (this isn't part of Bondi protocol). Note that FS has their preferred dosage. It is a trial and error. I see that you posted on the IVF clinic thread. I should warn you that immune protocol is a very expensive journey since thing like intralipid doesn't attract Medicare rebate. I am paying $650 per 500ml dose. You have to do quite a lot. I have priv health to cover hospital when doing it. I also consulted another dr who has been mentioned many times on the Nk cell thread for a second opinion. He did test me more stuff but all come back clear. The protocol above is the lease invasive one. If you have a more severe problem, you will be looking into more invasive and more costly treatment. If you are interested in immune stuff. Google dr sher blog. It is a good read about implantation failure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: like tanej78. I was also throwing everything in despite not having too severe immune issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope good work Hun. Sometimes coming to peace with things is the hardest personal hurdle. So many ppl supplement and now you use nan hopefully stomach problems go away. Also many ppl use formula at night so little one stays fuller for longer and sleeps longer.

I'm waiting for my breastpump to arrive. I got the hospital grade one with inbuilt battery so I can take it to work and express. I also got a double one so it's quick and easy. I'm preparing for when dh goes back to works. The plan is I go to bed at 9:30pm. Dh sleeps on couch and does the 10:30 feed and sleeps from 11:30 for the rest of the night. I then get up for the 3am and 7am feeds. Or whatever times he decides to wake up during the night. It's always twice between midnight and 7am. Wish me luck that this works. Normally son doesn't need soothing to go back to sleep during these 2 feeds but who knows. If he needs soothing I'll be in trouble 😁😁

I'm gonna ask the maternal health nurse on tips on how to soothe. If I can get that down pat I'll be winning!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

Oops. Forgot to answer your question. It sounded like you already bought the pump. I bought spectra and like. Not enough milk so haven't gotten the chance to use both at once. Suggest to buy the insert if you want softer padding like the massage thing on avent.

Bought spectra because it is a closed system for non hospital grade. S9 model I think. Very compact. But I see u want a hospital grade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good glad to hear you like it. Yes I've heard great things about spectra so I got a refund on my Medela. Yeh I got the s1 as it has rechargeable battery so portable. And electric is faster when pumping yeh? I dunno my friend recommended that one. Look forward to finally have expressed milk so dh can feed too.

How do you store expressed? Put in fridge and then hear up when you need to use it? What about when you go out? Can you express before going out and then just take it with you to use within a couple of hours or do you have to refrigerate straight away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, absolutely go for the electrical pump. I didn't use the commercial breast milk storage bag because i don't pump enough for it anyway. I use a sterile bottle directly when i pump. Store it in the fridge. Either use it the same day or the next day. Since supply isn't an issue for you, you might be able to just heat up the bottle, pop the teat on to feed. I normally split mine into smaller quantity, like 40ml expressed milk + top up. I do this because my BM is too precious to waste if bub doesn't finish. If you produce more, you can even freeze them. Are you worrying about nipple confusion? Lactation consultant doesn't like the idea of introducing bottle. Every now and then, bub will have the confusion these days. He eats when he is hungry so it isn't too much of a problem just yet.