Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok I'll go ask there. I'm 35 but I'm sure they won't mind hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure they won't mind @Apples1234 they are a very lovely and supportive group

Thanks
    Reviews
    briefly, read through your conversation while feeding bub.
    @Gelati: OMG. It sounded like you have a textbook baby. Jackpot. The longest stretch bub has ever slept is 3 hr. I am happy if we get 2 hr stretch. I feel bub is a difficult baby but how do i know?! I don't have much experience with baby and for comparison. I keep asking DH if he is colic because he doesn't sleep much for his age. He doesn't cry more than 3 hrs per day either. He always cries for a reason so DH doesn't think he is.

Bub has his first visit to GP today. The GP recommended something that i already knew. More saline cleaning and now adding the antibiotic eyes drop, which i bought few days ago but hesitated to use it. Anyhow, it is just for a peace of mind. Also, bub has a hard time passing the poop. We have had two episodes in the last two days. He would make sound, super fussy and uncomfortable while trying to poop. Poor little guy!!! We started noticing it few days ago. He didn't sleep much and constantly awake seemingly uncomfortable. It was shorter episode so we thought it is just wind when he was unsettled. Only until the last two days, it seems to be serious. Once he passed the stool, he is back to be a happy baby again. Today is the worst. Almost a 24 hrs ordeal before doing the poop! So sad to see him suffering. We blame the formula. The guilt of not being able to full BF come back again (and my decision not to try super hard being one anymore). We are switching the formula tonight. We are also swapping out the avent teat with pigeon. Luckily, the pigeon wide neck fits avent natural wide neck bottle.

It is a steep learning curve, You learn about a new behavior every day. I was very stressed out the first two weeks with the milk supply and bub sleeping/feeding pattern didn't follow the textbook etc. I am reading the textbook but taking it easy if it doesn't work in reality. Do you know how many stuff I have introduced that i was hoping not to from the beginning? Dummy and medications (eyes drop and infant friend) etc. Guess what? I lose the entire pregnancy weight (11kg) in the firs two weeks due to stress and lack of appetite.

Hahah...i am giggling @Gelati. I didn't want my mom to be around long but changed her ticket to keep her until the end of Nov. We argued at least once per day! She helps a lot so those arguments are just trivial at the end of the day. Yes, we have a hell of a hard time to get use to her way of raising the baby. Sometime i have to ask DH to step up and says no. Bub will be back to his cot in his room after she leaves for sure. At the moment, we are giving him too much stimulation sleeping in the living room (in a portable first year close to me cot with the light on in the kitchen). I am sleeping in the sofa at night. My mom volunteered to sleep in the living room so bub and i can be in the bedroom but it would wake her up when i come out to feed.

LOL about the milk cow. I am feeling like a milk factory! Everytime bub is looking for boobs, Dh just gives him to me. Bub doesn't seem to have any problem of me soothing him. I do use boobs sometime. I just put him over my shoulder or on my chest and rub his back. He is doing the first leap (according to the wonder week book). A bit early but he is certainly is doing it. He likes to sleep on our lap or chest or in our arms.
    @Minib: glad you have a wonderful baby shower. Get as many things as you want. I find it hard to get out and buy things without both DH and my mom being around. It is impossible if i would have done full time BF.
    @Tanej78: fx that this is your turn and it must be!
    @Emerald: I hope you have a good plan and hear something more positive from your phone consult.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234: the right thread to ask is the natural killer cell thread. Immune protocol is not a diet. If you have autoimmune disease, you will need the extra, ie immune protocol, to get your pregnant (hopefully, since there is no guarantee). Immune problem basically will hinder the implantation. You can ask your FS to do some basic BT to determine it, Such as ANA and MTHR (blood clotting gene). Another thing is natural killer cell. If over active, it will attack embryo and cause multiple chemical pregnanies. Bub is demanding feed, GTG. Feel free to ask more. Will reply later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bphope Thanks for that I will go pop into that thread. I haven't been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease but I've had the speckled result come up in my blood tests a few times so they think it could indicate possible auto immune.

My FS is putting me on steroids to block it during IVF. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I don't think there is such a thing as a text book baby. Internet says I should feed 8-12 times a day but I only manage 6-7 per day. He also has fewer nappies than textbook. Seriously there is no such thing as textbook!

Things I find help with sleep ( but again what works for me may not work for you)
    - during the day feed more frquentky and less each feed. Expose to light and noise. Spend time engaging with bubs and let him cry a little.
    - bath helps sleep longer
    - apps that play music or white noise
    - don't wait for bubs to cry before feed
    - make sure he is burped properly even if this wakes him. This is at least 10 min after a feed of burping
    - make sure bubs is not too hot. Very uncomfortable for sleeping
    - swaddled tightly

I can't hold bubs in arms cradling cos he wants the boob. I can only hold standing and even then bubs wants milk.

Aw poor little thing. Do you use naan brand? Formula can be tough on their little tummies. Have you heard of spectra breast pump? They are meant to make pumping easier and the come with bottles etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234: yes I have ANA speckled pattern. I dont really have any other immune problem. I did the full immune protocol for a peace of mind. It isn't the invasive protocol, though.
    @Gelati: I am having trouble to stop bub from eating. Many people tell me not to worry about over feeding but the total intake is way too much in the last few days. Sure some days are less but most days are just constant feeding. Bub is demanding it. If we don't give it to him, he becomes to agitated. We find that it has more to do with him being awake more often than a normal 3w old. I am not sure if this behaviour has anything to do with his stomach problem. I read that young babies can confuse wind with hunger. As for feeding him before he is crying....this is a difficult one. Honestly, we always wait until the late cue or him awake to pick him up for feed. That's because he can be sleeping for another hr or so when going through the mid cue on and off. I tried to do that few times at mid cue, it just ended up a terrible feed. Now, he is awake so much that we don't even want to wake him up if he is willing to sleep a bit longer. Anyway, so many questions to paed. Oh....we have been using S26. It is making his stomach upset. I just switch to NAN comfort today after several recommendations. I hope it really makes a different and no constipation. Infant friend seems to make him poop now. Thanks goodness! It isn't fun to see him suffer the whole day!

He has been awake since 6pm. Go and figure!! Still asking for food and we stop feeding him. I let him on my boobs for more than an hr now I thought he would calm down and fall asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope which doctor prescribed you the auto immune protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @Tanej78 how wonderful! your natural cycle is going perfectly. Much better than mine when i ovulated on day 22! And does that mean DH will be home for transfer? That's fantastic. Goodluck next wed!
    @bbhope - aw poor little bubby. Hope he gets better soon. It's so hard with a newborn and seeing them unwell. I never realised how emotional you get as a mother.

Bub had his first bath at home yesterday and loved the actual water (no cfrying yay!) but cried bloody murder before and after the bath. he's such a sook! hahah
    Thank you! Yep he's coming home and I should be sleeping but he lands at 7am haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    My scan is next week so haven't seen Bub yet. Can't wait though. It's been too long. 14 weeks.
    @Tanej78 wow that's a perfect cycle 14 days. So awesome. And your DH will be home for transfer as well. Have you got plan to relax and go somewhere nice after he transfer on Wednesday? I'm excited for you
    @Gelati is Bub feeding and sleeping well? How's motherhood so far? 1 week in? Have you got any rest at all? DH still at home with you? Lol how funny that your son cries before and after bath but love the actual bath. Sounds like he has a personality and showing you who the boss is.
    @bbhope hope your son's eyes are ok. How's the feeding going? I'm reading the book save our sleep just to know the theory. I'm sure every baby is different. Anyway the book said if baby has lots of wind try to burp the baby every few minutes during feeding. This will help to minimise wind. Even if it takes longer or Bub might cry because he's hungry it's worth doing to minimise wind in the end. That's based on what I read. But like I said it's theory.
    Thank you it is nice for things to go smoothly for a change, hopefully my lining is above 6mm on Monday then to not stress about the defrost! I hadn't thought of anything because usually DH isn't home for transfer... I'll put it to him when he gets home in the morning see what he might come up with haha