Closed Thread
Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've read about the pros and cons of dummy and decided not to use it too. Not sure how I go in reality but at this stage from what I read, my preference is not to use dummy either

It's nice DH takes longer normal 2 weeks parental leave. Hopefully you find a way to soothe him better in the next couple of weeks.

You mummies are doing amazing job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh I mean we haven't really needed to but you know what if we did I would do it? Theory is one thing but when you have a crying baby that just won't stop and you are sleep deprived etc. you will do anything! Just wanted to warn you that it can be really really bad and just be prepared for it. Know that all parents are going through it and there will be days where you could be carrying the baby for hours and they scream the whole time. Just know in those moments that you aren't doing anything wrong and it just happens. That's one thing for some reason that never sunk in. I thot whenever you rocked a baby it would stop crying and that it only cried cos it's hungry, needed a change or wanted to be held.

Dh doesn't get paid parental leave but I wanted him home for at least 3 weeks. Actually I would have preferred 4 how long is your hubby taking off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right. I was telling hubby tonight theory is one thing. Good to know but I'm sure when our baby cries theory goes out the window and we will just try our best. Being sleep deprived won't help either. Even after reading the few chapters I feel exhausted of the routine lol. I know it will be very hard work even from reading a perfect textbook routine.

DH gets 2 weeks paid parental leave but he also needs to take some compulsorily time off during Xmas shutdown period. So I think he will take 3 weeks. Might not be consecutive weeks though. Mum will be with me for a week and I really want DH to have at least a week off after mum goes home. I need the time with just DH and Bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thot I would want mum there but funnily enough she stresses me out. I just want dh around I feel more secure with him there. When he goes back to work I may ask my mum not to come by everyday. She stresses me out telling me what not to do or to do every minute and narrating everything I do.

Oh and just know it won't last forever. They do grow up. It is really hard tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I could tell mum to leave earlier than a month. She's moving in for the confinement period. But I can imagine all I want is DH as well. He can calm me down not sure if mum can do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals. Can I ask what are these immune treatments about?

I've done 2 fresh cycles which both failed and I have 2 frozen embryos which they froze on day four and will put in next cycle but who's immune treatment got me curious.

Thanks

Jade

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 - @bbhope and @Tanej78 Know about the immune protocols so they can share their experiences / knowledge with you. All the best for your frozen transfers

@Minib I couldn't tell mum to leave if she was moving in. Im really surprised at how in feeling about mum being around. She doesn't give me lots of confidence when dealing with Bub. Tho she did manage to soothe him today. Tho he only went down for an hr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ok is it the auto immune protocol diet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 sorry I don't know anything about immune treatment. @Tanej78 and @bbhope can tell you more though

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 or jump into the ivf over 40 thread. There are heaps of ladies there that can help you.