Closed Thread
Page 66 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 what does intralipid do? Hope your cycle is tracking well and can transfer when DH in Melb. That would be best birthday present ever. You are throwing everything at this cycle. I will cross everything for you and hope you guys can celebrate Xmas with a little addition on the way. That would be best Xmas ever!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I just want to say you are doing an amazing job. Hang in there and don't put so much pressure on yourself.
    @Gelati how's your little baby? Still latching well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @Tanej78 what does intralipid do? Hope your cycle is tracking well and can transfer when DH in Melb. That would be best birthday present ever. You are throwing everything at this cycle. I will cross everything for you and hope you guys can celebrate Xmas with a little addition on the way. That would be best Xmas ever!
    It's part of the immune protocol... One of the things they say is not proven, but I was happy to give it a go, with my private health I only paid $32 for the solution and $70 co payment to insurance.

Oh god, best Christmas present for sure... Looks like DH will b working but I think if we have a growing baby neither of us will care hehe 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg, @Tanej78. That's a very cheap intralipid. What's the dosage? I was paying $650 per 500 ml per infusion. Broke...but so worth it. Fx that this is all u need.

Well, DH checked online with bub weight. He is perfectly normal. On 50 percentile weight. Bub was underweight when he was born. the child health nurse is causing unnecessary distress for us all. I had a bit of an argument with DH. Bub has the biggest cry ever when we tried To decrease his intake tonight. Starving him. We gave in and fed him more. Heartache to see him cry like that. The problem is that the nurse uses "relative" scale. Thus thinking he is gaining way too much in 1.5w. Anyhow, we are now trying to control his feed with small meals and more frequent. He is a charm to sleep for 2hrs straight every now and then if no cluster feeding. That's pretty good for a new born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally home time yesterday. So nice to be back at home! Not that Cabrini wasn't awesome but 4 days were plenty and I don't think the midwives could have taught me anymore. Now it's all just up to us.

Ok so after 3 nights of craziness and only 1-2 hr sleep per day and a hungry bubs (colostrum really isn't enough) my milk fully came in yesterday!!! Yay!!! Midwife weighed bubs and he lost under 10% and she was soo happy. More happy than we were. I love the midwives at Cabrini. They make you feel so confident. She gave us the biggest pat in the back and said all that hard work has now paid off. I'll tell you now tho, I didn't think I was going to make it. I was snappy at everyone. Exhausted and feeling like a failure. Bub didn't have a dirty nappy for almost 2 days he looked skinnier and paler. I started crying and felt like a failure. Seriously ladies, don't forget how great you are doing in those moments. You are all amazing!! Motherhood is a tough gig!! Now the milk is in Bub is happy. Feeds 15 min each boob and sleeps about 2-4 hrs. He's still sleeping now and almost 4 hrs. Yayayayay!!!!! But don't forget ladies, each day is different.! Today could be a completely different story so sleep while you can and rely on any help that is given. My mum soothes him after every feed during the day so I just need to feed, change his nappy and off to bed if I need to. Dh and I share night shift. I'm the only one who can feed so for 5 hrs during the night I rely on dh to do nappy change, swaddled and put down. All I do is feed. Then for 5 hrs I do everything and let dh sleep. He's been sleeping since 5:30am.

@bbhope how awful for her to say that!! Overweight??? And to starve bubs?? Who is this woman. You are doing a fantastic job and please be kind to yourself. You are doing everything you can for Bub. Big high five!! Our son was born at 53cm. I've heard that milk and fish (buy live fish and kill) help with milk supply but honestly cluster feeding should increase milk supply. That's why they do it in the early days.

@Minib - I have steam steriliser. I don't like microwave. Also hydrogel disks are meant to be great for soothing sore nipples. Mine are a little sore now in the left cos of one bad latch {only 3 sec) and damage was done. Difficult to heal too cos constantly breast feeding so I'm going to get the disks. Enjoy your scan this week and seeing your little girl again!!

@Tanej78- oh Hun I have everything crossed for you for a wonderful Christmas present this year. God knows you deserve it love!!! Positive thoughts!!! Xoxoxo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies can I suggest cheeky wipes as reusable nappy wipes. They are fantastic and much better than disposable ones for cleaning bubs bottom. As a newborn I only use water but later you can use the essential oils in water to clean. I also use the bamboo ones (more expensive) as face wipes to clean bubs eyes and face. Also terry reusable nappies are great for all purpose as change mats, burping towel etc. bright bots is where I got mine and they have a closing down sale atm. I just have a stack of these nappies and go through them as Bub soils them. Just chuck in the laundry after he's done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Gelati. Every day is different. Just when u think u have gotten it all, bub does something different. Good on you to get bub sleep for that long. Bub did that once and he demanded a bigger feed. He has a lot of wake time for a 3w old. He just likes himself in the womb. Constant hiccup , eager eater and wide awake.

Not starving bub anymore but my mom is trying to control his intake. Grr....I am doing the night shift since DH is back to work. If my mom isn't here, I would only be getting 2hrs sleep per day. 3hrs straight atm with shot eyes during the night. Supplementing is a lot of extra work.

Gtg. Good luck @Tanej78. Hope this is the one for you.
    @Minib: let us know how it goes with the scan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys... 2nd bloods today, 3rd round Friday and will hear results and hopefully have an idea of FET date...

Have you tried water wipes @Gelati I have them in the studio for the babies and at home (for my face) they're just pure water and some ridic small % of fruit extract I buy them from Coles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am lazy! Going with the disposable wipes. I wonder how long bub will be in the newborn nappies. My mom uses cotton with warm water but bub screams like nut whenever we change the diaper. That takes too long since our change table isn't in the bathroom. Worth looking into the face wipes. It looks like bub has to have his first Dr visit. His sticky eyes problem is getting worse. Breast milk and saline wipes don't help.

Remember, I bought ergo cacoon and love to dream sleeping bag? It turns out that we are using the ergo cacoon a lot! We always have his hand out. We didn't use love to dream at the beginning because bub was swaddled. Bub likes to have his hand up while sleeping now but the love to dream bag doesn't seem to allow him to raise his hand up higher. He looks rather uncomfortable with the restriction. Such a shame....expensive item. I'll go and buy few more ergo cacoon when it is on sale again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - I think I have heard of them. They would be good if just water. Mine are just reusable wipes. I rinse under water and then chuck into soapy water bucket and wash in bulk.

@bbhope the reusable wipes are faster because they clean better. For big poos I only need 2. I find myself the disposable ones just smear everything. Also saves you a bit of money

Oh poor bubs. What caused the sticky eyes?
    Our son hates bath and nappy change too. Actually he screams bloody murder for everything other than feed!

I think he sounds a bit nasally so going to go buy a vaporiser and hope that loosens his mucus. He sneezed some out yesterday himself and I put a couple of saline drops in there and I think that helped a bit. Bubs is one week today

Minib how did scan go?

Tanej78 how's this cycle tracking?