Closed Thread
Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

@bbhope don't hold your breath at all when doing any exercise. It's not good to hold your breath.

I also have issue with my gov account. Can't remember the answer to my secret question. Went to Medicare / centrelink and was told to create a new account. No way of retrieving it. Bizarre.

Are you serious? That guy sounds like an a-hole. How rude. I would have complained about it or tell him off for being rude. I would have said it's none of his business and I hope his wife, sister, or friends don't have to hear his nasty comment.
    @Tanej78 I'm not familiar with pred. Don't even know what it is. I don't self medicate as such but have pushed for a review of meds. Eg prog support. FS said I don't need it after a FET. So I asked/ demanded/begged for a p4 check every 2 days. Then they put me on pessaries anyway. Sometimes you need to follow your gut feel and ask for things.
    @Gelati I have just read about pelvic tilt and read about piriformis. Noooooo think I've had some of the symptoms. Crap!
    @Gelati @bbhope I can't believe you guys are 34 weeks now. Almost there. Any Braxton hicks?
    @Gelati when is your 34 week scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ugh what an *** @bbhope
    @Minib pred = predisolone/steroid

Heard from lab tonight only one of my blasts survived the night so I have 2 frozen and biopsied... Results in 3 weeks... Bit bummed, but still 3 blasts out of 8 is good right?!

Fingers crossed I don't need them for a while anyways ☺️👍🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: 3 blasts are pretty good! Remember, you only need one! I always just have one ready to transfer on day 5. Oh...just let you know, i was on 20mg pred for this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW, do you ladies reckon this is useful? http://www.toysrus.com.au/homedics-m...spa-on-the-go/

I wish i thought about this few days ago since i just ordered something from amazon. It is only USD 10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope true... Coming from 7 blasts last time and still no take home baby it's one of those things to keep reminding myself, new cycle, new protocols etc ... Thank you for all your support guys xx

Have you seen this before? http://babyshusher.com.au/

I'm a photographer and use a white noise app on my phone when photographing new babies, but a few of my friends/colleagues use this and find to helps too

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - 3 blasties is good and you have 2 now that can be pgd tested. As bbhope said, you only need one. I only had 3 blasties in my cycle and look - 34 weeks and counting it's definitely quality over quantity.
    @Minib - what does piriformis do for pregnancy? When i was talking about tilted uterus i mean when you physically tilt it forward from bad posture when sitting or walking. But i remember you said you had a back placenta which means your bub is more likely to be in the anterior position (which is good). Bub has not moved at all despite all my exercises. I really don't think he'll get into an anterior position before labour....who would want to sleep against a placenta? i've never felt him in that position and can't imagine him moving into it. Let's just hope he turns with each contraction. Ouch! I've heard of so many ob's turning their babies into the right position but my ob doesn't seem to do that. Does that mean he's crap? lol.
    I'm having my scan this Fri. Yay! haven't had one for 14 weeks!
    @bbhope - what a horrid horrid person. I would have wanted to slap him. How dare he??? I would report him. He is there to do a job not to judge everyone who comes in. i'm sorry you had to go through that. As for having 2 accounts i'm sure it won't matter. And for income i just put in my gross as it's under the 150k threshold. Should i not have done that and put in my net? I don't even know where my tax return has gone.

Hey that device looks handy. Does it have any reviews or are there are brands that have good reviews? Let me do some research but sounds like a good idea. Thanks for posting ladies I hadn't thought of buying one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i am not sure if i had Braxton hicks. I felt tightness every now and then when i was at 28--30w or so. The tightness was rather uncomfortable and my belly certainly became hard. It went away on its own.
    @Gelati: i was told that turning the baby during labor requires a highly trained OB or midwife to do that. It is considered "old fashion" and they don't teach that at med school anymore (as far as i read). I could be wrong. I heard more about turning from breech to head down, though. Another type of acupuncture technique helps too but I don't know much about turning from posterior to anterior. Another popular website is called spinning babies. Anyway, you must be excited to see bub again. I'll see OB on Friday and i'll ask him again where bub is positioning.

I don't know if there is any other alternative brand for the sound soothing machine that both me and Tanej mentioned. I have been searching through the internet. The one comes with the bouncer sounds terrible. LOL. Then, I just saw this portable one at babybunting. It is quite nice with heartbeat sound etc. My niece has something similar back in europe (not portable, quite big) and she likes it at sleep time. Maybe can be used as a sleeping cue.

PS: just read the spinning babies website again. It looks like i might have a ROT baby -- baby is facing left side. On average, babies will turn into posterior in this position during labor.
    Last edited by bbhope; 09-09-2015 at 11:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I think I've been having Braxton hicks. Uterus tightens and its a bit uncomfortable. But no pain. I think yours sounds like it too.

With posterior they will try to turn with hand, forceps or suction. Think it's easier to turn rather than moving head down. My Ob said regulation states you are no longer allowed to spin baby from breech to head down during labour anymore as there is high risk of the uterus errupting? Something like that. So if I was in breech I'd be booked in for a planned c section. My Ob won't try to turn the baby.

Oh you think yours is to the right? But Ob said he was anterior? Can you ask your Ob what the chances are of bub turning if he was in posterior? Would be good to get some more info on this.

Oh can you send me the link for the baby bunting one? I think I'll get one. Anything to help with sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess OB just simplified the explanation and said anterior. I can feel bub leaning to the right all the time and kicks to the left. He does turn to anterior every now and then. I can feel his bum. I am not sure if he still has room to move.

http://www.babybunting.com.au/my-bab...ulti-dots.html

BabiesRus is selling for $20 but it depends which one is closer to home to save the petro.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link. Oh didn't realise they were the same thing.

I think mine moves from posterior, then left, then right. But always back to posterior. That's his fav position.

Is your belly quite low now? everyone keeps commenting on how low my belly is and even OB said bub is quite low down (and he sounded quite surprised). Hope i don't come too early!