Closed Thread
Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you lost 1kg? Guess that ice cream diet is working for you! Hehe. I haven't put on anything in the last couple of weeks so all in all probably 17kg by the end of this pregnancy. Probably 4-5 kg more than I would have liked. Oh wells.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh sorry. He was more left anterior. More facing down. DH just told me that his head was completely out after the first round of pushing. That's like 3 pushes. Oh...I thought/felt half of his head only.

Still Exhausted. He is a bit unsettled last night and will be tonight. We were told about that. Nothing wrong of what we did but the late night shift midwife last night was so not nice. She came in like we all did something wrong. Like the burping. No bf either etc. she took the bub, padding him so hard to burp the bub etc. I felt sorry for the bub.

Well, bub hasn't refused my breast so far. Just nothing coming out so we will keep him sucking to stimulate and then bottle right after. That's the plan from the lactation consultant today.

Need more sleep......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Oh sorry. He was more left anterior. More facing down. DH just told me that his head was completely out after the first round of pushing. That's like 3 pushes. Oh...I thought/felt half of his head only.

Still Exhausted. He is a bit unsettled last night and will be tonight. We were told about that. Nothing wrong of what we did but the late night shift midwife last night was so not nice. She came in like we all did something wrong. Like the burping. No bf either etc. she took the bub, padding him so hard to burp the bub etc. I felt sorry for the bub.

Well, bub hasn't refused my breast so far. Just nothing coming out so we will keep him sucking to stimulate and then bottle right after. That's the plan from the lactation consultant today.

Need more sleep......
    Hang in there Hun. The first few weeks are tough but it really does get better just keep that baby on the boob and surely your milk will come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope 3 pushes is fantastic! Sounds like Bub pretty much turned by the end. Hopefully I'll be that lucky. Did you need to labour on your back cos of the Epi?

Yeh I find a lot of those medical professionals are quite rough. Guess cos they do it everyday they just get right into it. Even when ob pushes on my stomach he is quite rough. Dh commented on it too. Just the way a lot of them are.

Keep up with the Breastfeeding. Milk is surely to come in soon. Also gets your son used to the breast. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Hope you can get some sleep. The first few weeks will always be rough. You're doing great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't count. DH said that it was something like 6 pushes in total. I couldn't imagine going on for an hr! The practice run will make 10 pushes though. Anyway, bub just gets fed. I hope he settles tonight better than last.

Basically, for induce labor and with epi, you pretty much just lie in bed for the entire labour. Getting the end, they want u to sit up as much as possible to use gravity to get bub into the last bit down. I remember having the urge to push when I went to wee just before the top up. By leaning forward and raised the pelvic reduced the urge. Anyway, epi did reduce the sensation to push. I would have love to skip the last top up but given Ob was super busy and short staff that night, I decided to go ahead with the top up just in case I had to hold on a bit longer. You still feel the pressure and pain with the epi in the end.

Ok try to get some rest before the next feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I managed to get in and see DR LB on wed, they called me from waitlist...

My test results from julys scratch came back neg for NKC... But we are sticking to pred/clexane combo and I'm also going to be doing intrapillids...

With my history I'm glad she's supporting me with everything feels good... Since really all my testing has come back negative for NKC just a slightly raised ANA and MTHFR mutation.... That's the closest we have for a reason for our 7m/c and multiple FET / ET transfers

I had another scratch in the rooms (yuck fingers xd that was the last one ever) ... And we are ready to go once AF arrives.... This FET we are doing natural... No drugs... Kinda scares me a little since my cycles are so up and down but LB says stats show natural do have better results with FET... So I'm going to go with the expert.

I'm about CD22 now... Fingers xd for a short cycle this time!!

I did ask her IF looking forward say this FET doesn't work then will we have time for another EPU before end of year, and she reckons we will and that I call for urgent treatment plans on day1... So that puts the practical mind at ease in terms of $$ etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 it's good to see LB has a plan. My OB also prefers non medicated fet as he said if the body can produce those hormones naturally it's better. Obviously this isn't possible for all women. The only thing is I have long cycles so waiting for ovulation naturally was frustrating. This successful cycle think I ovulated around cd22. How long is your cycle normally?

Hopefully you don't need to squeeze another cycle before the new year.

I didn't realise you had 7 m/cs. I'm so sorry to hear that. You are such a strong woman to keep going. 1 mc broke me. Couldn't imagine how to handle multiple. Your time has to come and it's going to be this cycle !

We will be here cheering for you

Come on af. Come visit soon so you can start your fte soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati how are you feeling? Quite warm today. Did you go for a swim today?

Wow @bbhope only 3 pushed. That's amazing. I heard women can push for a very long time. Rest up when you can. I'm sure you are very tired and don't have enough sleep by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - that's some fast pushing. Good on you. Bub must have worked well with you I didn't realise you still felt the pain with an epi. Particularly the posterior pain. I wonder how long i will last without an Epi. When you say practice push, what exactly are you doing? I didn't know you are allowed to push before you are meant to. Did you get some rest last night?
    @Tanej78 - same as minib my OB prefers natural FET if possible. They monitor you closely to make sure your hormones are on track and will cancel the cycle if it's not going to plan. I also have longer cycles (32 days) but my successful FET cycle i was on a 36 day cycle which has never happened ever to me before. The longest i ever had was 34 days. But as long as the hormones were good they were happy to go ahead. The only time they would have cancelled is if i still didn't ovulate after 40 days i think? Can't remember the exact number. Also, ask for a lining scan before transfer and progesterone testing after transfer. They don't normally do that but i was adamant i wanted it just to make extra sure the natural cycle was doing everything it should be. So sorry to hear about those miscarriages, you've been through so much. I have everything crossed for you, cmon little emby!!!!

Didn't go swimming today @Minib as had a few girlfriends over and i got so many lovely presents. I really am so touched by my family and friends. I mean you know they are awesome but it's times like this you really do feel so loved. It's heating up over the weekend too isn't it? and then next week it's getting to 34!!! aaargh!! what's going on???? I am not looking forward to it and hopefully bub will come before then. I'm feeling good today. No more crampy feelings or urges. Don't think bub is ready to come out anymore....booo! cmon baby we want to meet you!!!

How are you surviving this heat? We only have split systems in the living and dining areas so the bedroom gets really hot. There's nowhere good to put a split system in there so a bit annoying. I may have to drag one of the mattresses into the living room to sleep! hahah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping in quickly. Will do proper reply if I ever get time. Bub has decided day is night and vice versa. He was so active at night and slept better during the day. Like right now.

Oh. He was ready to be pushed just not far down enough to my Ob liking. He preferred bub to drop on his own so less pushing. That's why I waited like 4hrs before doing the official pushing. Practice run...tmi: midwife just put her finger into my bit and taught me how to push. Bub was far down enough for the practice (only). She could feel if I did the right thing. I didn't have the urge at the end due to lack of contraction.
    @Tanej78: natural FET is better. I did that before too. All the best this coming cycle. Hope the intralipid helps. 7--10 day prior transfer is best. Xx
    @Minib: not long for u until the next scan.