Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it normal to lose a lot of blood?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoooo!! Yaaayayay!!! Congratulations @bbhope you did amazing! First baby announcement on this thread. Soo happy for you! Been thinking about you lots and couldn't wait to hear your good news. Thanks for coming on and posting and letting us know. You must be on cloud 9 to meet your perfect little boy!! Sounds like the labour all in all was pretty good. And you dilated quite quickly! Good work to your OB too. Sounds liek you had a great team behind you.

So did bub end up turning to anterior? i had my OB scan on Monday and still stubbornly posterior tho now only 1/5 of head above pelvis so pretty much almost engaged. Wonder if that means it's unlikely for him to turn before labour now. All feelings of going into labour have kinda ceased now. Now i don't think he's even going to come this week. Went swimming today but haven't felt any closer to labour.

Yay sooo happy for you darl!!! you are on the road to recovery now so rest up and enjoy your beautiful boy!! xoxoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @bbhope Congratulations to you and your DH on the birth of your baby boy!!!

Sounds like it was a bit of an ordeal for you and bub towards the end Luv, but thankfully bub was delivered safely I have no doubt you were exhausted and no doubt probably still are!!! You losing too much blood and passing out did not sound good!!

Rest up Luv.....God knows you've earned it!!! Enjoy those newborn snuggles with DS too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

It is normal to lose blood. Mine is more than normal because the fever might have expanded the blood vessel. DH said that it was like a flood gate when the baby was pushed out. Ob tried to search through my uterus to make sure the placenta was delivered. Trying to find the source of bleeding. He actually asked me if my 20w scan shown any placenta abnormality. Anyway, I was still on the delivery bed for a while afterward -- bleeding and had the stitches. Baby safe arrival is important so I would say that it is a success and not a negative story.

Believe it or not. Bub turned LOP half way through the labour and stayed there. He put a lot of pressure on my side and it was quite painful. Epi didn't help with that. He came out more LAP in the end. Not entirely flip to anterior. Thats what DH told me. He looked....That's why the help with kiwi suction. Ob tried to turn him.

Milk didn't come in. Bub has been on formula since he was born.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow no wonder you passed out @bbhope. You really did amazing and that's so great that despite the blood loss etc you can still see it as a positive birth story. You go girl!! And i'll bet the best part about the whole thing is it's now behind you and you have your healthy son in your arms. Must be such a fantastic feeling!!! I'm still here waiting / dreading the labour! LOL.

LOP and LAP are still posterior positions aren't they? That's great that you could still push him out despite him not being anterior. Sounds like he was trying to turn on his own tho...moving from right to left. At least you didn't need forceps. How is recovery going? How are you feeling?

Sorry to hear about the breastfeeding. i did hear that losing more blood can affect milk supply. Will you continue to stick it out or have you decided that formula is the way to go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope wow you did well!! Amazing job and you should be very proud of yourself.

Sorry to hear you can't produce milk yet. They say day 3 is when milk comes in? Is it day 3 yet? Hang in there if you want to persist but in the meantime Bub has formula to keep him going. You've done a great job don't feel guilty.
    @Gelati no sign of labour??

Thanks
    Reviews
    No @Minib. Nothing. My cramping is getting worse at night. I couldn't sleep last night cos it was so uncomfortable and thot maybe labour was starting but during the day it goes. Sigh. Not sure what Bub has in mind. Would like him to come anytime now preferably this weekend Which probably means he won't. Lol

How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol your Bub sounds very cheeky already. I think he's too comfortable in there @Gelati

Maybe he might make an appearance when you least expect it

I'm feeling heavy and uncomfortable haha and I have ages to go. Other than that, I feel great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know he is cheeky already little rascal. I was reading posterior delivered babies and one midwife didn't know the baby was posterior and she came up facing up and she said 'oh you cheeky little thing, I should slap you'. Haha that made me laugh and think of our boy.

Oh yeh I hope not. Hope water doesn't break when I'm out!

I feel for you minib but it didn't end up so bad. You feel heavy and think how will our get more heavy?? But it actually doesn't get exponentially worse. The heaviness seems to stay consistent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I haven't put on weight for more than 2 weeks. I actually lost one kg this week.

Haha that's funny. I think your son will show you who the boss is very soon, mummy!