Closed Thread
Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh that's why i know it must be painful. They don't usually have that much sympathy for their patients so when they do it must not be pleasant. Anyways thinking positive thoughts. there are positive posterior birth stories out there...that could be me!

bub is moving around a lot still for you. My OB didn't really start monitoring it until about 32 weeks i think...it was a couple of weeks before my growth scan. But they can still move so don't worry too much. I had a front placenta which means bub is usually posterior. If yours is a back placenta chances are you will be anterior

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's it. Think positive. Your baby could spin or you had an uneventful birth.

I have a posterior placenta

Thanks
    Reviews
    posterior placenta is at the back right? so you are more likely to have an anterior baby.....bub doesn't usually like sleeping on the placenta.

Another way you can tell is by the shape of your belly. My belly always had a flat bit where my belly button is but if yours is round shaped it's likely your baby is lying with it's spine along your belly so you get a more rounded shape.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my placenta at the back and my belly is very round lol. I can't wait for the 34 week scan. Such a long time in between scan
    Have you packed your hospital bag? How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope we hope you are now holding your son and recovering well from the labour. Look forward to hearing the good news once things are less hectic (if that's possible)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yep hospital bag pretty much packed now. I'm feeling pretty good, just went for a walk.

Sounds like bub is in anterior position. Did you say your ob now has an U/S machine? It would be good if he could tell you the position leading up to your labour.

Yeh i know it's a big wait between week 20 to week 34 scan. You get a pretty good scan of baby at 34 weeks tho. Something to look forward to

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesn't do us unless he really has to. So I don't think he will use it. Will ask my friends who use the same OB.
    Anytime now is good for Bub to join the family then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our baby boy arrived yesterday evening. He was weighted just under 3kg. The whole induction process went somewhat smoothly. The ballon was in the night before and it fell out in the morning -- a very good sign that the cervix was well dilated to 3-4cm. They broke my water just before 9am. By 2:30pm, I was fully dilated. However, bub wasn't ready to come out! He was still not far down enough for me to push. So we waited. Everything was under control until toward the end. My temperature started to creep up and the contraction ceased. My ob was occupied with the other two ladies who supposed to come in for an induction but ended up went into labor right then. They were short staff. Because I requested the epi top up due to not knowing when I could push, the midwife let me have a round of good practice just in case I didn't feel anything. I was glad that she did because I ended up pushing without the contraction! Because bub was far down, I didn't have to push long. Good on Ob decision not letting me push too early. Ob helped me with the kiwi suction. Thanks goodness. I was exhausted by then. No food for the entire time.

He slept a lot during the entire labouring process only with distress when his head first descended into the lower end of it. He was wide alert for 3hrs after birth! I collapsed at some point. Losing too much blood etc. They had to wheel me back to my room and dumped me in my bed.

I have no regret using the epi from the start. There were time when the drug weaned off and I didn't get the top up fast enough, I was in pain. The level of contraction wasn't even as high as the earlier on set one (from the monitor). I couldn't imagine how painful it would be without it from the start.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-10-2015),Gelati  (07-10-2015),ScubaGal  (08-10-2015),Tanej78  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @bbhope massive congratulations on the safe arrival of your son.

Well done mummy! And hope you recover well. Good to hear epi helped and OB and midwife were good throughout the whole process

Try to get some rest whenever you can. So exciting!!!! First baby in this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weeeeeee @bbhope have been refreshing waiting to hear your news... Breathe that beautiful boy in... I'm glad things went relatively smoothly for you ❤️