Closed Thread
Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @bbhope with the expressing. Good work! You are only meant to get a couple of drops with expressing colostrum so you are doing well. Some of my friends who were induced had no issue with breastfeeding and others did so not sure if there is a correlation? I know if you bleed too much that can affect supply. One of my friends who had a c section had no issues breastfeeding.

I don't think i had any contractions during my ctg. The midwife didn't say anything just said bub was fine. I also didn't get a belly examination either. They are not fun when they press really hard. It's not so bad anymore cos bub is so big OB can feel him without pressing too hard but back when he was smaller he used to press so hard to feel him i would jump!

That's interesting that your OB said you were engaged but now you are not and only dropped? Is that the score out of 5 that you get? like how far down the pelvis the baby is?

Had some pretty sharp pains down through the cervix the afternoon. One actually made me jump back in my seat! No signs of contractions tho.

Big day tmr @bbhope! you said 7pm for induction right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No idea if there is any correlation with the breast feeding. Most of my friends have supply issue regardless of what method of birth. They said funnelgreek supplement helps.

Ya, I don't know about the engage thing either. He didn't give me a score thought. He wasn't around yesterday just midwife doing the ctg. she couldn't feel bub's head at the beginning so I am not sure what she said is true. In any case, induction is set at 7pm. Will be admitted around 5pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't think there is a correlation cos i haven't seen one among my friends. The best way to get good supply is to persist and not to supplement. The first 3 days is the hardest but then milk supply comes in and the more you feed the more milk you will have. Also breast massage helps.

mm if couldn't feel bubs head should be pretty low down then.

Make sure you get enough rest tonight. Excited for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of my friends struggle with milk supply some don't. Apparently nothing to do with induction. I've not heard anything bad about induction from friends. Have you guys heard of lactation cookies? Apparently it could help with milk supply.

I know some people couldn't breastfeed. It's really hard work so just be kind to yourself. Some women persisted and it paid off but after lots of tears and pain. It can be very painful
    @bbhope good luck for tomorrow. You should be holding your Bub by Tuesday. How very exciting.

Stock up on some nipple cream and breast pad that can cool down the breast. I heard they are really helpful.
    @Gelati good to hear no more blood. Wonder when you are going to labour. I don't think it's far away but who knows.
    @Tanej78 we will be here cheering for you. Third nice warm day but I'm starting to feel too hot. I'm not a fan of very hot weather to start with. I like 20-25 degree day hah

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Da&& I just read an article on mamamia about a loss. I don't know why I did that to myself. I could see it will be a sad article from the title and still read it. Stupid me!! Now I'm in tears. My DH won't be happy I read those articles. He always told me to not read stuff like that and scare myself. We will hold this baby in our arm in around 10 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Minib i'm the same as you. I'm still reading them now, and they make me so sad and stressed. I don't know why i do that either. You are correct, you will hold your baby in your arms before you know it. Just keep telling yourself those things are really such an exception. It won't happen to you.

as for breastfeeding you are right. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and do what is right for you. Even if you supplement with breastmilk a lot of my friends eventually get the hang of breastfeeding. i was brought up on formula and i'm doing fine

Apparently the best solution for cracked / sore nipples is rubbing breast milk on them and also allowing your breasts to dry in the air after breastfeeding rather than sticking a pad on them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum breastfed us for a few months only then switched to formula. Not because she couldn't breastfed but back then where we came from the tradition was to formula feed. They kept saying it was better. We turned out fine too.

Oh really? Good to know re cracked nipple. I've heard heaps of cracked nipple issue. Sounds so painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes that's the worst part of breastfeeding for most women and it's a vicious cycle because with sore nipples you don't breastfeed which leads to less milk supply. The trick is to get the handling of attachment. If baby isn't attached properly, it will hurt so make them release and try again. Look up pictures of how a baby should attach and that will help you visualise what you expect bub to do.

If worse comes to worse you can buy nipple shields / guards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also make sure we don't hurt our wrist from not holding baby properly. That could be very painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh didn't realise you can get a sore wrist from holding bub. thot it was just back pain.