Closed Thread
Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well the internet said no correlation with dropping. But then i know you said that the forum said that you will go into labour in 2 weeks.

I'm not in any pain today tho. It's such a weird feeling cos i feel like any movement will put me into labour and i was a bit stressed this morning cos seriously wasn't prepared! only just finished work last week!

Yeh 38 weeks tmr so maybe bub will come at 39 weeks?

Honestly don't know where you got induction taking a long time from. when you are induced, labour is meant to be really quick. Which is why the contractions are more intense. all my friends had a super quick labour when induced except for one who needed a c section cos she didn't progress. They won't let you go for long during induction (less than 24 hrs). So don't worry, more likely than not you will have a labour less than 8 hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The info sheet says they will do the balloon thing at 7pm. 12 hrs later, they will break my water, then if no progress 12 hrs later, C-section is offered. So that's like 24 hrs........ And i just read a lady who ended up with a traumatic 2 days induced labour (grrr. I should just stay off BH). I guess i just don't know anyone in person who can tell me about induced labour experience! 2 out of 3 friends here are Caesarean. 3 out of 4 at work are Caesarean too. That's pretty high number.

Ya, i can't guarantee on the drop because that's the impression i got from BH here and one friend. Small statistic. @Gelati: Maybe just take it easy today.

I am not sure if i should go in for CTG since now bub is moving about.......but 10 moves in 10 hrs seem a bit low? That's what OB aiming for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also just finished off work on Wed. After this weekend, i should be ready. Or to say, whether i am ready or not, i have to do it. Feeling a bit scare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeh that's 'if' no progress. Let's hope and have our fingers crossed that you are more like my friends and have a fast and non traumatic labour. Ask for epi if you need it because induced contractions are more intense. Don't feel bad asking for epi if you get to a point where you can't handle the pain. But you still have today and tmr...maybe bub wills till come. Go for a swim....that really did it for me. I told you that day i felt bub was about to fall out!

the last couple of days since swimming i have had that funny feeling the body is getting ready for labour. Been going bowel movements 3 times a day and lots of gas. Heard before you go into labour yoru body produces some hormone that makes you clean yourself out. I thot maybe i showed today cos yesterday i pushed too hard doing bowel movement! (haha tmi!)

It's normal to feel scared. I was a bit scared today waiting in the hospital. I was in the delivery suite where they monitor you and heard babies crying (think they were being born?) and it scared me a bit. So completely normal. I will be thinking of you on Monday and sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy!!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've decided to go with epi if I'm induced knowing the pain would be more intense. Shame to say....i don't know how to swim! OK...i am fine in the swimming pool but not out in the ocean water. I am just doing a bunch of housework in the last few days. Enough to worn me out. I went for a walk yesterday but then realized what if i went into labour, no way i could phone DH. I didn't carry my phone with me. Duh. I'm the opposite. Constipation at the moment!

Ya, when i tried to touch the cervix, i felt the same way -- bub was about to fall out. I try to think positive and hope it goes smoothly. After all, we are just waiting for the big day to come and meet our bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i can't swim either bbhope. i just doggy paddle. but that's enough to bring on labour i think. The moving in the legs and the water. I won't be going anymore tho. Worried my water will break whilst at the pool!!

Yes always make sure you have your phone on you at all times. Esp if out walking or shopping etc. Well actually not long till your bub comes anyways. Yeh think of the excitement of meeting bub and you won't be too scared

i will take it easy today was going to mop and clean the kitchen but maybe i'll save that for tmr. Feeling a bit fragile today :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I also know a few people who were induced. All had faster labour than natural actually. And all had very good experience.
    @Gelati omg I would freak out seeing blood too. But it's good that you went to Cabrini straight away.

Wow both of you could be having your baby next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a good idea to get epi if you are induced @bbhope the pain meant to be a lot more intense as the process is quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati don't mop the floor today. Just put your feet up and watch the hawks win the GF

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib i was so worried. Thot i had done something or bub was in trouble. I think as long as it's not bleeding and just a bit of old blood they don't seem to be worried but i was stressed!

hehe yeh go hawks!