Closed Thread
Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Btw - pumpkin patch have 40% off full priced items and free delivery this weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I won't be doing the cleaning. DH will. I think we will just put things away so it looks neatly and really scrub clean several areas only. WA rental does too many inspection! Every 3 months! And they really go over places with their fingers. No joking!

Our lease is due as well so we figure mid Nov is a good time to move. Yes, we are hiring a removalist for sure. No, won't be asking my mom to pack. I don't like stranger to pack my stuff. All the painters here use oil based sealant, that's why DH wants to do it himself. We figure he can do that when my mom is here so hopefully the builder gives us the key during that period. I figure mid Nov would be more than 1 month since i deliver. I should be OK physically. We don't have much furniture left anymore -- all sold, remember?! Just need to dump things into boxes. Everything just has to happen all at once!

Well...bub is active again! @Gelati: that's if bub doesn't decide that he wants to show up before Monday! Honestly, I don't mind because it would be more natural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow once every 3 months. That's such an inconvenience and i would find it an invasion of privacy. Once in 6 mths should be more than enough.

You may not be ok yet after 1 month.....if you do have a c section it takes at least 6 weeks to heal sometimes longer. Just make sure you don't over do it if you can and don't underestimate the work involved with just simply packing even without furniture. The hard areas are the kitchen and any cupboards like study, bathroom, storage. And then unpacking will take time as well. If you don't have too much stuff it will help but even when i was living in london and only had 1 room to pack up it was still an effort.

Yes i would prefer going into labour naturally if i can too. You can always try walking, swimming etc to bring on labour. Also trying to express will may also bring on labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    good to hear bub is active again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point, @Gelati. I'll just see how things go. I hope the agent forgets about the lease so we will go onto the periodic. It will be somewhat flexible. Rental and housing market is not good in perth atm so i am sure that the landlord would be glad to get the rent we are paying. We are overpaying at the moment but want to use that as a negotiation point if it comes to renewing the lease. Yes, it is totally an invasion of privacy. We are normally not at home when it happens! Dh had seen them did it it once and it was totally shocking. I couldn't believe that they opened cabinets and drawers! I would be so glad when we move.

No luck with hand expressing!! So frustrated. I am so afraid that bub is going to starve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 3 months is too much @bbhope my agent does it every 6 months and send me the report. Agent also comment when things are messy and not too clean but acceptable. I don't mind if my tenants are slightly messy because I know some people are not super tidy. As long as there's no damage and a proper clean when they move out, I'm happy. One tenant just moved out recently and they did exactly that. Got a cleaner in and return the property to me in a good condition. Why would the open cupboard and drawer? My agent never send me photos with cupboard and drawers open

I also agree with @Gelati you want to take it easy 4 weeks after birth. I don't think your mum will let you pack during confinement anyway. Get your DH to do it. I got my parents to help me pack when we moved. They did a better job than me especially the kitchen stuff. I just packed my clothes etc. they packed the rest. Awesome help.
    @bbhope don't stress. Your milk will come if not I'm sure the midwife will know what to do when you are in the hospital.

Try exercising to bring on labour. You know what they say. Hot food and sx could also help

Painting here is water based too. That's what we got done for the new house. We moved about 4-6 weeks after painting is done to make sure no paint smell since I'm pregnant. The wall paint is fine. It's more the doors etc. I think that might be oil based.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati how are you feeling?

I'm not feeling as heavy yesterday. Weird. I figured it's not that comfortable wearing mat jeans after all. The button keeps digging in into my tummy. Lucky it's warm now so will just wear dresses or might live in my legging for the next 10 weeks haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: it is only in WA that that they r doing the inspection every 3 months. They send us a standard to clean list every time. It is a very comprehensive list. Some I find ridiculous, like the outdoor window sill. It is outdoor. It is going to get dusty. I even locked myself out once while doing that because the door lock was broken. DH was in Sydney. I had to get an emergency locksmith to let me back in. Stuck 3hrs outside in the summer heat 40C.
    I was so mad afterward. They rarely come and fix things. Only when I followed it up and bugged them constantly. DH ended up fixing the lock. I didn't think they would open the cabinets and drawers but they did when DH was at home once when the agent did the inspection. That's why it is like a full weekend cleaning for each inspection. We aren't messy normally. We vacuum once a week.

Hahaha. I wish it is so easy to bring on labour. I have been eating spicy food in the last couple of days. I have sore throat. That's why I thought I am having a cold but I think my body just becomes too "heaty" if you know what I mean. I can't imagine having sx at this stage of preg. It is getting so uncomfortable with every turn in bed. Lol.

Anyway, I shouldn't be googling. Most of the induction stories ended up traumatic. why can't I just find some positive ones?! I didn't sleep well last night because kinda scare now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies i got up this morning and went to wipe and there was some blood and mucus. Called OB who told me to go straight to Cabrini for a CTG monitoring. Midwife said all good with bub after the monitoring and believes i've had the 'show' after i showed her my pad. Can't believe mucus plug is out!! So that means bub is likely to come within the next week. Eek!! I read online it can be anything from the next day to 2-3 weeks but the midwife said in her experience within the next week. So there you go!!!

Totally freaked me out when i saw blood tho. I quickly laid back down to see if bub was moving. Luckily i got a couple of wriggles but still freaked out. Luckily dh was home and hadn't gone to the grand final yet. He asked if he should stay home but i said just go i don't have any pain. My mum will come over and be with me during the day.
    @bbhope - I have known 3 inductions and all went well. 2 had epis and 1 went completely natural. The 2 that had epis tore but the other wasn't too bad. Don't worry, everyone is different. You could hear 100% great stories and you might not be the same. So no correlation.
    @Minib - i did annual inspections but i think 6 monthly is better. The worst part is the bathroom. If they let mould build up. Good to hear you aren't feeling heavy today. Some days will be better than others. For me if i had a good nights sleep i didn't feel as heavy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @Gelati. Yes I heard about the mucus plug. Your midwives is probably right about the statistic. I also heard about the drop but you said there is no correlation. You will be well passed 38w, won't u? It is better to go naturally than doing the induction like me. Long labour process.....