Closed Thread
Page 42 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't understand why it has to be boiled and cooled down? I can understand that back home because tap water can contain bacteria etc. whatever, just more work for her to do.

I think I might be coming down with a cold!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: on the different topic, do you have a slow cooker at home? If so, how big is it? I can't decide if I want a 6L, so big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - probably not a good idea to eat such cold foods after giving birth. I do agree with that. Maybe you could have a piece of cake instead?

Mums can be annoying but they only want the best for you. That's nice that your mum is coming over to help you out. All my friends have said they couldn't do it without their mum by their side. The first few weeks / months can be very hard.

I don't have a slow cooker, heard they come in very handy tho when you are a busy mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I won't touch any cold food or drink after birth for some time. I do believe warm food is good for the uterus. It seems to help with clotting and cramping issue during AF.

OB appt today. Can't wait to see what our plan is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    let us know how you go @bbhope!

my belly has def dropped further. I noticed it straight away putting on my clothes. Had a couple of small cramps last night but it didn't feel like how they described contractions. not a tightening and only in the lower abdomen. No more sharp shooting pains in cervix today. Bub has calmed down a bit today. I think swimming will bring on labour for me....will keep that in the back of my mind if i'm approaching due date and still nothing.
    @Minib - such lovely weather this weekend in Melb. Not sure what to do tho? lol
    Last edited by Gelati; 02-10-2015 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: you might be experience what I feel in the last couple of days. Cramping but didn't feel like contraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh and not too painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I know so warm huh. Went out for brunch then spent some time in a park catching some sun for vitamin D. Then just relax. Will go out for a walk soon.
    @bbhope I'm not sure why boiled water is better. When mum told me, she tried to explain but I didn't really pay attention because to me it's not a big deal but yet it matters for her. So I thought oh well I'm just going to do it. If it doesn't bother me I don't bother asking. She's already helping me for the first month during confinement. I pick my battle hehe.

How did you go at the OB @bbhope?

I don't have a slow cooker. Didn't have the need for it. Not sure if we will get one or not. Some people love it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I think your time isn't too far away either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - we went for brunch too and then went to the south melbourne markets. Ended up getting some lavender scented oil. Apparently smelling scented oils can distract from the labour pain. Not sure how true that is tho but at least i thot if i don't use it i can use it for my bath or for the baby's bath to help him sleep.

Yeh i don't think i'm too far off tho today i've had no such feelings at all. So weird!

Also bought some cordless phones. Thot with the baby coming it'd be handy to have a cordless phone near me.