Closed Thread
Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes i'm going to try not to worry about it. i would prefer not to have to have antibiotics when i go into labour. OB said it won't affect bub but surely there can't be no effect when getting antibiotics right?

not confirmed. Just on average he said you go into labour about 2 weeks after they are engaged. So yes have your hospital bag ready to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope i read online that being engaged is no indication of when labour is going to start and some ladies go into labour without the baby being engaged. OB certainly didn't put any emphasis on it either and only told me when i asked him. Google also says something about a score out of 5 engaged. 5/5 being the most engaged and then other pages say a baby can engage and then unengage. So maybe bub isn't coming just around the corner.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope even if OB can't do anything, I'd still call him to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. It's the pointy end of the process so need him more than ever.
    @Gelati try not to stress. Antibiotic is fine. I've been on antibiotic this pregnancy due to UTI. But I've had friends who were antibiotics too during pregnancy for other reasons. If OB said its fine it will be ok. Well you are 200g lighter so enjoy the cake. I'll have icecream on gf day. And maybe some chips too haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you getting all your family members to get the WC vaccine? I'm not sure where to draw the line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's true @Minib. You did have it didn't you and nothing wrong. Ok that makes me feel better. Thx

I have direct family get it. Up to grandparents. That's where I drew the line.

I was good today. Didn't end up having the dessert and had a yoghurt instead hehe well dh is going to gf so I'll be home by myself. I may indulge a little

Oh guess what I got the iPhone 6s. Excited! Thot it's good to have good quality camera on my phone 😝

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

@Gelati kids in the family as well? My side of family have told me they will have WC vaccine but we haven't asked DH's side of family. Will ask them to otherwise I don't feel comfortable them holding the baby. Yoghurt is good! Much healthier.
    A new phone - that's awesome. I still have the iPhone 6. It's not too bad though yeah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib we don't have any kids in direct family. Some of my friends didn't get it at all. It's whatever you are comfortable with. I generally don't hold new norms unless mum offers. I think people should follow that rule. Maybe if they ask if they can hold it just say you are trying to get her to self sooth or even just say that we're only letting people hold if they have wc vaccine. I'm sure they'd understand right?

iPhone 6 is fine. Don't think there's too much diff. I had an iPhone 4! Lol. I can never be bothered changing phones until the one I have is playing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Gelati iPhone 4. It's time to upgrade then

Yeah I don't hold new born too and we've decided not to offer friends holding our baby. Families only and only if they've had WC vaccine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have family here so that isn't a worry. My close friends all have baby last year so I assume they got the vaccine (not that I ask). They have been very good of not meeting me if they and their toddler are sick. So I am sure that they won't ask for a visit if they don't have the vaccine. My mom got it because she is coming over. Anyway, I have mentioned to few potential visitors who are interested in visiting at the hospital that we don't want any visitor. I feel like it is too much to ask them for a vaccine. I just said that we will probably hectic at the hospital. Home visit only until bub gets his first whooping cough vax. Btw, I had signed the hep B vax for bub. They want to give it to him within 48hrs. I feel strange but just assume this is the norm in oz?

Haha...I am still on 4s. I can't be bothered with a new phone. Only change it when I need to. I don't like big phone, though. 5s is probably my limit for size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yes probably explains my excitement! i kept parading it in front of DH last night - hahaa! I'm loving it! DH said i have new phone glow but doesn't think it will last long!
    @bbhope that's what i thot but the larger phones are actually slimmer and easier to hold. And much more convenient to use. And they are the same weight or lighter Highly recommend it at this point!

I'm not sure about the hep b vacc but i know bub gets a few needles within the first couple of days. poor little thing!

yep i'm only allowing family to the hospital and very close friends. they all have kids so i think they know not to come if sick. Def won't offer people to hold the baby only if they ask. Close family will def ask so will let them hold him but i still won't be offerring it to anyone. there's really no need to hold someone's baby when they are that young anyways. Even when people offer i generally decline and say i'm ok and just say they are too small and will probably fall through my arms as i'm inexperienced. hahaha.