Closed Thread
Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was thinking more from payroll too. What you propose @bbhope won't be allowed in my company. Our payroll can't do that and they won't make any exception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - every company is different and has their own mat leave policy. They have to give the min as government legislates which is 12 months unpaid after working 12 months continuously but anything above that is up to the discretion of the employer. some investment banks pay 6 months mat leave and some can even pay the full 12 months!

At our work place i think they give fixed term contractors 12 months mat leave unpaid but if you are purely a contractor you get no rights (like no sick days, annual leave etc). Only permanent staff get paid mat leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeah makes sense in your industry contractors should get benefit like permanent. It seems to be the industry norm in your world.

Generally speaking in my world, contractor gets paid more to compensate for no sick leave, no annual leave, no training, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: you got it right.
    @Gelati: you got that right as well. I know that company won't allow to do that. I see that as the the only perk we get for getting lower pay check than if I would have worked in the industry world with my qualification. You wonder why half of my classmates went into industry. Better pay, stable job and they get to choose where to live. We don't. We go to where the job is and the contract is normally 2--3yrs. Then you move again and again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati don't worry you will lose the weight. I've put on almost 10kgs and only 29 weeks. Worse part is I put on 6 kgs during ivf, pregnancy and miscarriage. It means I've put on 16 kgs already. Booooooo. I just want to go back to my old size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: it is the other way around. The permanent staff get more paid than contractor in our industry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - we can do it! once bub is here we probably won't have time to eat anyways....lol.
    @bbhope - yes sounds like your industry is different to us and those types of arrangements should be considered. I mean what's the point of offering 6 months paid if they won't let you take it? it does sound like your industry sucks a bit. What exactly is it that is an incentive to go into that industry rather than into corporate world or another industry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok don't want to distract from the main topic of this thread.

Gelati: I am feeling very bloated and feel very tight today! Also, darn glucose level. I skipped carb this evening thinking to compensate breakfast and lunch. Now I am having hypo! Too low sugar level?! I am going to eat some fruits now. Problem with insulin. Hard to control!

Thanks
    Reviews
    did the ob tell you to now eat normally now that you're on insulin? I wonder why it's fluctuating so much? how annoying!

I'm going to try and have no dessert tmr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with @Gelati if you aren't allowed to take those benefits @bbhope why do they offer. Just sounds so backwards and annoying!
    @Gelati has your pubic bone pain go away? Mine came back again. So annoying. It hurts. I'm now worried this will get worse as I have 3 months to go. Might need to see physio soon.
    @bbhope look after yourself with your diet. You've done really well.