Closed Thread
Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well if you are both working part time then really you don't need to be on parental leave right? or are you only allowed to work part time as part of parental leave rights? That's shocking they don't take 2 weeks off. Your industry does sound so backwards. they need to get with the times! Like minib says...you do go back eventually, not like you are taking forever off. Why all this fuss? such ignorant and short sighted people! I can understand if the worker is no good as all workers should be assessed fairly but just because they are taking mat leave - to be discriminated against is so wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    Well if you are both working part time then really you don't need to be on parental leave right? or are you only allowed to work part time as part of parental leave rights? That's shocking they don't take 2 weeks off. Your industry does sound so backwards. they need to get with the times! Like minib says...you do go back eventually, not like you are taking forever off. Why all this fuss? such ignorant and short sighted people! I can understand if the worker is no good as all workers should be assessed fairly but just because they are taking mat leave - to be discriminated against is so wrong!
    This!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The logic for half time parental leave is that u don't lose out your entitlement. Let's say I take mon to wed as parental leave. DH goes back to work. Then, I go back to work thurs and fri. He takes the leave. We swap the role as a primary carer if you see what I mean. It is the necessity for the line of work we are doing. We can't go off grid completely.

If the policy says you can't go back to work half time and access half time parental leave, the better option would be taking full time parental leave or nothing. Then it ends up the women who have to sacrifice so it doesn't serve the equal right purpose that they set out to be. It doesn't achieve anything by getting half paid and doing nothing at home full time. Just like you said, gelati. No benefit for me working half time and DH sitting at home full time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: because our industry is so competitive. All contract so we are all workaholic. DH is from Europe and they have generous parental leave scheme. That's why he is happy to take time off. Ya, boss doesn't even know the other make colleague is expecting a second child! So I am guessing he isn't taking his 2 weeks either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope we can't do that in our company. Can't be on parental leave mon to wed then work on thu and fri. I'm either on parental leave or back to work

But I can choose to work part time. Eg mon to wed work. Thu and fri non working days. My employment status will be permanent part time.

On my day offs, I will be contactable via mobile or email anyway. I don't have to but most likely would check emails etc.

After your explanation I think the policy is right. You are either on parental leave or work part time. But can't be on both status at the same time. But I could be wrong. Maybe call a lawyer to find out more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @Minib. well done to you too! your boss definitely sounds like a progressive boss with his head screwed on right! I would say you are lucky to have such an understanding work place but honestly, if you are a good worker, they are lucky to have you not the other way around! People also say working mothers are the most dedicated and efficient workers out there. I'm sure there are exceptions and some mums who take their employers for a ride but generally i think mums work super hard!

Oh i only saw nadia. DH is watching it so i was just tuning in and out. she looks super fit! not like me....i've put on about 16 kg now. Sigh. Will need to get back to the gym after bub is here. Altho i heard you can't go back for awhile.....> 3 months. hopefully breastfeeding will make the weight fall off. I know i shouldn't be worried about such things but i would like to lose the weight that i've put on. Makes me feel better about myself. Is that bad? I hope this sweet tooth wears off after bub arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I'm definitely going back to the gym after baby. I am also one to think it's better to feel good about yourself. I'm going back to Pilate 4 weeks after birth. After my confinement period. Then maybe back to the gym or PT once doc gives me the all clear. Hopefully not 3 months. I think it depends on the individuals? But I won't persist if OB said I'm not ready. I want to do boxing. That's fun!

Yes mums generally work really efficiently and productively. That's because we don't want to stay back. Rather go home and not log on at night time

Ps I had icecream tonight! Bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - i'm the same as minib. either on parental leave or back as perm part time but most likely work will want me to gradually transfer back to full time within 1 year. I'll probably go back to full time much sooner but i doubt i'll be allowed to go full time forever. Could you just go back perm full time? do you even get paid for the 2 days of parental leave for the week?

My hubby's workplace will let him take as much time off as he wants but they don't pay him. So we will be utilising the government dad pay which pays min wage for 2 weeks. Better than nothing! :P

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

@Minib: yes normally what you r describing work for many but it doesn't work for our professional work. We can't go off grid. We have to work a year to get the parental leave so it is difficult to go back half time as permanent status and lose out the entitlement completely. No. Not fighting with the HR at this point. I have volunteer to go back half time after 4 months. And then full time 2 months afterward.

Also, imagine we have to move to a new place every few years and we start over for the entitlement. That's why the best time to have kid is after 1 year into the contract.
    Last edited by bbhope; 28-09-2015 at 21:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh me too minib - i had a maxibon. But i had it at lunch and then went for a walk. thot that made it ok. LOL! Given my weight gain...probably not!

i want to go back to spin class but probably not going to given the pressure on the netherly regions! I'll start going for walks and then maybe i'll go swimming? hope that doesn't increase chance of infection down there. I really dislike doing slow exercises so need to think of some low impact, high intensity exercises i'll be able to do.

i actually got really fit and healthy before this FET. Didn't eat too much sweet at all and lots of fresh vegies and gym about 3 times a week. I really think that made a huge difference! (albeit i did end up in emergency but i think that's as a result of the hormones in my body)