Closed Thread
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news! @Tanej78. It sounded like good number and growing rate. Much better than mine.

I was away the last two days and just got time to reply.
    @Gelati: don't worry about the position. Bub will turn during labor. That's what I was told today at the class. Most bub is facing outward until then. That's why u feel all the kick and fuss, right now. They said that one can still deliver with that position, just more difficult and longer. How was your class today? It was good for us except I wish there are some hand on stuff such as how to change nappy and to bath the baby. They told us that those will be taught at the hospital once the baby is born.

The cord blood banking person did give us a short talk. Unfortunately, there is no donation set up in WA (except the big public hospital). I think two of the ladies were thinking about donating, including me. In the east coast, it is apparently set up for donation. There is a world shortage if interested. I would rather do something good than seeing the stuff goes into biological waste bin. We aren't rule storing it just yet since this is the only option in WA. We thought about it because the child only has half of my gene and it gets complicated if ever we want to access the "gene" from the other half gene pool. Of course, Touchwood that it would never happen.

I think I sorta have made up my mind about epidural. If I am being induced, I will have it because chances are getting the c-section in the end is pretty high. I might well have it from the start.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: gelati, did u go back to Centrelink today? It sounded like ID fixes the issue so I will do a run next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope to be told anything like that from someone who is currently pregnant gives me hope thank you ☺️ 1 more sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope did they tell you that? ours didn't say that. She said it's hard to tell if they will turn but that it's more important that head is down. She said if placenta is in the way (anterior) or the cord is too short, the baby may not be able to turn. Forceps may be used to try to help the baby move down but a lot of the time it results in c section. My OB said also that in posterior the baby has a high chance of getting stuck. Has your OB told you if bub is posterior or anterior?

Our class today was pretty good. it was all theory and nothing hands on but we watched a few videos which were useful (about how to read baby). We didn't learn about changing baby or bathing baby either. Think that must be at the hospital. I have another half day class that teaches us how to use the TENS machine and other pain management technique.

We didn't have anyone talk about cord banking but did get a pamphlet on it. No one talked about donating it tho. i think it's a good thing you are thinking about banking yours given the situation. Sounds like a good idea.

Yeh i went to centrelink again and once proof of ID was done i could get through the whole thing and submit. I brought in my citizenship doc and drivers license.

One thing i found out from the class today is they don't let you use wheat pack for heating / cooling, you need to bring in one that is plastic and doesn't absorb water. So i need to go and return mine.

6 weeks to go. I really hope bub turns anterior! i'm doing some exercises to help but so far i still feel the kicks middle/upper. No turning yet. i'm not sure if he has any room left to turn to be honest. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, they told us that in the class. Bub will turn facing backward (anterior?) during the last phase of contraction. No guarantee, of course. The presenters were pretty good. The morning one demonstrated how the baby got through the birth canal with the dummy and a fake pelvic bone in great details. Haha....it was incredible to know that baby has to make left and right turn to get their shoulders through!

OB said that bub is facing backward (anterior) but judging from the movements and kicks, i reckon he is facing outward (posterior) most of the time. Also, more like facing to the left as he always lean his back on my right. The most important part is that his head is down, although my colleague's bub turned it back to breech position during labor.

They only briefly mentioned about TENS machine and gave us an info sheet for that. They said that after 6cm dilation, TENS machine doesn't seem to do anything for pain relief. Another thing I am now considering is to get the epi tube in ready. I can always choose not to have the epidural in the end (as suggested by the presenter). Most people decide quite late and they won't do it at late stage of labor. That's because they will control the dosage to make sure you can still feel the urge to push at late stage. It seems like morphine related pain relief is out of the question.

They shown us a video about the birth. It wasnt' a traumatic birth but I was covering my eyes whenever they shown the part down there. DH watched the whole thing. He said that maybe it was a bad idea to show that at the beginning of the class. Everyone seemed shock afterward. LOL. He just said that it was gross......Yup, that's why i said i don't want to see what is happening down there. I can't handle seeing blood. I am not sure if i want them to pop the bub on my chest straight after birth, though. My friend vomited last time. DH hasn't decided if he wants to cut the cord.

I also like they shown "being a dad" video. DH always feels like everything is so female dominated. It was nice to see it from dad's perspective. Apparently, the whole video is available on youtube.

I signed up the breastfeeding + physio class. It is at the end of the month and hope bub won't come before that. To be honest, i don't really care about the physio because i have already been to one session. The pelvic floor exercise doesn't seem to work out much for me and i must not be working on the right muscle!

Yes, we were informed that the bathing and changing nappies thing will be taught at the hospital. We finished off fairly early so thought it would be nice to let us have a hand on experience. My friend who went public got that at their antenatal class but i guess they were on their own after 24 days. For priv, we got the benefit of staying longer.

I only have wheat pack at home! They didn't say anything about it. Surprisingly, the hospital bag list is very short.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mm that's unusual that we got different information. We were told the baby rotates as it moves down the birth canal but they did say posterior is bad as the baby will rotate around the back where the spine is rather than the front where the tummy is. Usually they don't sit entirely with back along your belly but back along the left or right side. I still feel bub's kicks in the same place tonight. i don't think he's ever been anterior because his kicks are always high middle. Maybe the placenta is in the way and he can't move? not sure.

For morphine, we were told they are now considering using morphine in place of pethedine. We were also told with an epi you can have it really at any time as long as you are able to get into the right position and hold it for the needle to be inserted (which can be difficult later in pregnancy cos you are in a lot of pain and can't hold the position). Sometimes they say it's too late because by the time the anaethtist comes and the drugs kick in you may already be done with labour already. They also said that they now have an option where you control the amount of epidural that is released based on how much you think you need. And this method they found the women used less epi overall. BUt if it's controlled dose they won't reduce the amount during second stage because they said the mum hasn't had that build up of endorphins to cope with the pain and therefore it is quite traumatic. But i'm thinking they don't give you the full dose to begin with so you should be able to move your legs and feel the urge to push down there.

We went through breastfeeding today which was quite useful. They showed us techniques and videos. But that part probably only went for 15 -30 min. What makes you say the pelvic floor exercises aren't working for you?

I haven't looked at the hospital bag list yet. Been making my own. I have lots of tools to get through labour, wouldn't it be a shame if i didn't get the option in the end to even try natural. Hope bub turns! You're lucky yours is already in anterior position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, everyone, who has the epi needle in at late stage, thought it was the worst. I guess I am one of those who don't want to read into birth and go with the flow. 1 in 3 end in caesarean so I am trying to manage expectation which I learn a lot in this IVF journey. I just don't want to end in a traumatic experience, especially I have put my body through so much this pregnancy with the immune treatment and now GD. Good on you that you have been researching into getting through the labour naturally.

To be honest, i don't know if Bub is anterior. I still feel a lot of kick and movement which is impossible with an anterior position. I do feel his bum sometime so that's promising. He is leaning on my right side and facing right more. I was told that the umbilical cord is on the left. Maybe that's why. I think he is still rotating around. My hospital will deliver posterior baby but they say to expect c-section if they don't think baby will get through.

As for pelvic floor exercise, I am not very good at keeping it up. Besides, I am worried that I use the wrong muscle and cause the contraction (silly I know). The physio instructor did recommend epi-no device but I am not sure how scientific proven useful that's. Oh...I don't think it is working because I just can't hold the muscle. Tmi: a bit leaky when i sneeze! Only happen in my third trimester and I always feel the urge to go when I am standing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have a hatching blasto in my bellieh 😝❤️ pregnant until proven otherwise!!!

Awesome news that the other 7 are still kicking on, one has been biopsied already and frozen, the other 6 weren't quite ready yet and will be judged tomorrow if they're suitable to test if not they'll just freeze them untested 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO @Tanej78!!! Yay hatching blasty! Good work and still have 7 going, that's amazing results. Fingers crossed PGD testing comes back good now te waiting game starts. Hope the 2ww goes quickly for you!

@bbhope - completely get why you want to be prepared. So many end in c section. I think my OB will try to deliver him naturally but as you say, posteria babies have high chance of c section. Having said that many breech babies are delivered naturally. Guess I just have to remain hopeful that baby will spin 90 or 180 degrees. Sometimes I feel a lump too but not sure if it's bum, knee or foot! I still feel a lot of kicks in my belly. Going for ultrasound on Friday so will ask if placenta is in the way or if cord is too short for baby to move.

Oh didn't know pelv floor exercises can cause contraction. I've been doing them religiously as I'm terrified of incontinence. So far so good. No peeing while sneezing yet. 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @Tanej78, that's fantastic news!!! Congrats of being a PUPO!
    @Gelati: Off work tomorrow so i can go to centrelink and does couple of things that can't be done during weekend.