Closed Thread
Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I googled and read under 7.88 after an hour is good. Got my result back. It's 7.0 so looks like I'm good. Relieved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news then!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news @Minib! what a relief
    @bbhope - yes i think the US health system only works if you get good health cover and dental through your employer but if it wasn't through your employer or if you couldn't work or unemployed etc then you are stuffed. I've read of people who are diagnosed with cancer who are just sent back home cos they can't afford to get treatment. So they go home and just wait to die or go to those free clinics which are not hospitals and are terrible. That would never happen in Australia.

I know i can't believe it's all happened so quickly! to be honest i hope mine engages in the next week or so.....don't want to be going over my due date by too much. As long as it comes after 38 weeks i'm happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope did you feel any different once bub was engaged? Just wanted to see if i'll be able to feel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: lol...everyone is aiming 38w. Me too! That's why i am hoping he will tug in a bit longer! Just not mentally ready. Hmm....not really feeling any different. My friend said that she noticed a lot for hers. She felt her center of gravity shifted, could breath easier, could reach down to pick up stuff from the floor etc. I go to the loo a lot (probably GD) so this symptom doesn't apply to me. However, if i look into the mirror, it does look a bit lower. If i lie down, put my hand at the top end of the uterus, i have more space between it and my breast now for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - I guess I won't feel it then cos I've been carrying low for awhile. Those feelings seem to be the same as carrying low.
    Ideally I would like bubs to come a week before due date

I can't believe bubs will be here soon. Can't wait to meet our son!! Wow that sounds so weird! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grr....stupid BH. It just deleted what i typed!!!

Ya, i am excited about seeing the bub soon but i am scare about the birth in the meantime!!! Why does everyone have to tell me scary stories? It did make me wonder a lot if bub would at least have DH color (chance is literally zero, though). Well, I am more worried about bub's health at the moment! I was told about the potential health effect on bub of a GD patient at the midwife interview. I'm kind of scare.

Finally, i submitted the parental leave form today. There is something we disagree on with the HR policy but we decided to not argue or even point it out for now. We will just worry about that down the track. They basically force me to go back to work full time after my parental leave is up. Also, they sounded like they are doing us a favor for the whole thing.

Oh....did i mention that i am now on insulin? I feel so defeated. I have been so strict with my diet with few high values. Ob was fine with it until now. He just thinks that there shouldn't be any high value toward the end of pregnancy. GD tends to get worse despite the same diet. Stupid me. I decided to eat something different last night and this morning for breakfast. I thought last night value was OK if you take into account error. Obviously not good enough for OB. Since my fasting value was super low this morning, I thought i could finally have whole grain toast, egg, cheese and tomato for a change. Boo...it went sky rocket. I have been eating 4x vita weats for a long time now (don't remember how long). OB added in fast acting insulin this evening so 3 needles per day + metformin. Metformin obviously isn't doing anything so i don't even feel like taking it anymore. I feel so sad. Sigh......If i have known that insulin is my ultimate fate, I would prefer to start it earlier on. At least, i could enjoy the food a little bit more in the last few weeks. Also, what the hell am i going to use up all these insulin pens? They are giving me like 160 days supplies per fill! I certainly hope that i don't need any of it after the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i feel like bub is hyperactive. Are you feeling the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @bbhope - big hugs you are almost there and you've done so well. Insulin will only be for a couple of weeks before bub is born. I'm sure your dr closely monitoring you means bubs is not going to have any healthy damage from GD. Even at your growth scan it was all good so your diet is doing the trick. My friend who had GD had a perfectly healthy baby and so did my friends sister. Don't worry, you are in good hands. In fact you being so healthy with your diet probably is better for bubs compared to what i've been eating when i cheat.

I know i'm scared of labour too. I try not to think about it too much and just focus on what will happen after labour. That will get you through it. I also try not to ask about labour stories anymore. To be honest, i've heard about 50/50. And there have been quite a lot of births lately. So honestly, you can't predict it. You could have a really good birth story. Just do your best and if you need it, get drugs. We are lucky that there is always that option. And prepare yourself for having a c section as well. Whatever it takes to have a healthy bub and mum. Also your hubby will be there. He will help you through it. They are a pillar of support. I'm sure just having them there will make you less scared.

Mmm in terms of amount of movement it seems pretty consistent. I feel him about every hr - 2 hrs. If i lie on my side i can make him move. I do that sometimes if i feel like i haven't felt him for awhile. But i have felt some pretty funny kicks lately. Like really fast, almost shuddering type of kicks. Is that what you mean?
    Last edited by Gelati; 25-09-2015 at 23:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I don't feel like bub is getting much sleep! He seems like constantly moving. His sleep time is so short. It has nothing to do with what i eat. Instead of kick, i feel movement. I'm sure that it is too tight for him. Poor little guy must feel uncomfortable with the space. He never seems happy on the scan....or i just couldn't see his face clearly.