Closed Thread
Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 my DH is always more positive than me. I think men process it differently. He said its step by step and no need to panic and rush. We just need to focus on the next step. My DH is very strong and positive. When we had the mc, he broke down. It broke my heart even more because that's the first time I saw him cry after being together for 8 years. Anyway, I hope your DH gives you big cuddles and kisses when he's back.
    @bbhope wow it's all happening. You are almost there and the next chapter begins. How come the induction overnight? I have no idea how it all works.

The GTT test was bad. It was room temperature non carbonated glucose drink. Yuck. I didn't realise we weren't allowed to go out for fresh air. I felt so sick sitting there for an hour. It's all done so just waiting for results. Not seeing OB until beginning of oct so 1.5 weeks to go. I did ask them to send me the report as well so I might be able to get it before I see OB. I felt yucky the whole day after that.

Is this your last week of work or next week @bbhope @Gelati

I have 8.5 weeks of work to go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - not long now! it's normal to be nervous but make sure you remember what it's all for. How exciting! I didn't know you can start expressing before bub comes. Does your hormones allow for that? i heard milk doesn't come through until you deliver your placenta. I've never heard of expressing before delivering. Or is it just to get the hang of it?

I'm finishing up work end of next week but i'm working from home until then. Not long to go for me now either.....3.5 weeks. Well unless he comes sooner :P OB said bub was still in posterior (must have moved back) but he said there's a good chance he'll move during labour so fingers crossed!
    @Minib - oh poor thing. That's a bit mean they didn't refrigerate it. Gross!! and yeh they don't let you move cos they don't want you to burn off the sugar before they test you. Well it's over and done now. Hope all goes well. Did you do it with Melb Pathology? I actually called up my OB's office after a couple of days to make sure they got the results and they gave me the results over the phone. I've been told that if your results are no good they will call you anyways. Wouldn't wait until you visit them next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think because induction takes forever........... Apparently, they bring you in, put some gels and hopefully the labor starts naturally overnight. If not, they break your water the next morning, put the drip etc. I can't imagine not sleeping the whole night. It would be exhausted.

It sounds weird when i read someone brings in the colostrum to the hospital. These people are generally just wanted to kick start the milk production early. For me, I feel like there is no reason for it because fresh is best. Colostrum is what you produce at the very beginning and very good for bub. So......the reason they suggested me to hand express the colostrum now is due to GD. Bub will have low blood sugar and breast milk is important for him to regulate his sugar level (milk = carb). If i don't express, there is a chance that bub will need formula top up which is less effective than breast milk. Low blood sugar level can be dangerous for bub. I am not sure if my body hormone allows for that. My boobs haven't gotten bigger than I think they should be. Well, i will ask OB on Fri. If i need to do so, then i'll only have a week to come up supply. They said it will just be a drop or two each time!!! That's hard work.

Next Wed will be my last day at work, although i think i most likely will have to work through the week. I just sent in a long due report yesterday to everyone involved and asked for feedback by next Wed.

BTW, you ladies can't believe what i get at the work baby shower -- the baby bjorn bouncer + misc stuff. It looks like they have enough $ to buy the mesh one but they opted for a toy to go with it instead. No problem. I am very happy. I don't think i mentioned to anyone about the second hand fisher and price I got. Now, i have a new toy.
    @Minib: Oh...that sucks about the sweet drink. I can't imagine drinking that without it being carbonated! Yup, they didn't let me go home for 2 hrs either despite me just live few streets down. What's worse is that someone was painting the room! I went out couple times for fresh air to minimize inhaling the toxic paint. It was a cold morning so standing outside wasn't pleasant either. In perth, apparently, we have to make an appt for the test as well......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - not necessarily. Most of my friends who were induced had a pretty short labour. One was 3 hrs, one was 6 hrs. I think you can have a long labour whether it's induced or natural. In fact you are more likely to have a long labour if it's natural rather than induced.

oh i didn't know you could force colostrum out before you give birth! I thot some ladies just get it naturally but didn't know you could make it happen! yes i've heard most women freeze it because it's liquid gold. Goodluck...hope you can get some to freeze!

That's an awesome gift! You sound like you have lovely colleagues at work. Based on the reviews, bub will have a great time in the bouncer! My work also gave me some very lovely gifts today. Was def spoilt and felt very touched. They gave me a baby gym mat which is gorgeous and some other gifts which i'm sure bubs will love. Very lucky to have such a supportive work place and people. I felt a bit sad to leave them actually.

So now i'm all ready for bubs to arrive!! eek can't wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think induction take overnight but obviously I'm wrong. Someone I know was induced in the morning and gave birth that day. That's after s very long labour though. Before they decided to induce her

Oh @bbhope that's an awesome gift. I'd love to receive the bjorn bouncer as gift. I'm going to finalise my shopping once I've had my baby shower. Just in case I get double of stuff.

I would rather stand outside in the cold than being in stuffy room. At least I can breathe properly. It's been a bit cold in Melb this week but weather will be nice again on the weekend.
    @Gelati it was Melb pathology. I'll ring ob's office next week if I don't get the report. But if I get it, and it said under 8 then I'm all good.

I need to book for whooping cough vaccine still. Have booked the 34 week scan. Have antenatal classes soon.
    @bbhope good luck with the expressing. Sounds hard.

Can't believe you girls are finishing up work end of next week. Time flies!
    @Gelati I've asked this question multiple times. Sorry. Is it totsntales website for the nappy bag? Have found what I want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yep totsntales. Which bag are you going for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Storksak noa. Quite cheap so I don't have to previous about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious not previous. Typo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nice. looks like the longchamp bags. I wouldn't say $130 is cheap tho! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah looks like the longchamp so I'm hoping the material is durable. It's cheaper than mimco $250 or storksak Lucinda $399. Haha. That is how I justify it and it has nice compartments and not very big.

I don't have a longchamp bag but I think it will be quite light?