Closed Thread
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib this is true i suppose, i didn't question it yesterday when she said a month off because it will be a couple of weeks still until we know embie results. I guess if I was doing a FET i'd already be having to start on meds today day 2... prob not such a bad thing to have a little bit of a break... I dunno..
    @Gelati thank you x
    @bbhope I think i might feel weird talking to another FS if i've only just started with LB? she's my 4th FS lol not counting the disaster of last year which i just can't even bring myself to talk about yet publicly.

Hubby is home a week tomorrow... its going to be a long week... Really hope he's home when we get the biopsy results

Thank you beautiful girls, your support is unmeasurable ... I'll be checking back in to see how you're going still if thats ok... xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 a month break seems a long time away but it could be a blessing in disguise. Your body went through a lot last month with the drugs and collection. Might not be a bad thing.

Dr LB is meant to be one of the best. Is this your first cycle with her? I heard of another FS based in east melbourne who is meant to be very innovative but more so around mfi.
    You can hang around in this thread as long as you want but we also understand if all the pregnancy and baby talk get too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib this is my first cycle with LB... i did have a FET with my last 2 embies in June but they were old clinic grade c blasts left from my OHSS collection... so not really a LB cycle as such...

yea probably a blessing in disguise, i have my first wedding of the season coming up and national awards (photography) so something to concentrate on atleast...

Just so frustrating, eveyrthing felt so right, to get my P early, to get my first ever fresh transfer, just worked that Husb could be there morning of collection... so much just worked in our fav... and ironically this is my month that i usually fall pregnant year after year so seemed kinda like it was just meant to be... so just floundering a bit... i have no idea if that makes any sense at all lol....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: yes, it might sound weird to get a consult with Dr NL if he is also a IVF FS. In my last two cycles, I didn't want something to be missed so I went overboard with the immune stuff. Here is a thought...why don't you do a phone consult with DrMatthias is Sydney. He doesn't do IVF and is an independent immunologist. I don't agree for all the aggressive immune treatments that he is doing but he tests you for a lot of things. I got his second opinion and went my own way in the end. But at least specific things are tested. The reason I suggest DrNL is that he is local. He does basic immune treatment such as intralipid. I don't know if LB does it. If she does, then you certainly don't need DrNL. You can ask her for it. Insist! Just saying for the heck of it. You are willing to give that shot. It isn't invasive because it is just soy etc mixture. With a pgd tested embryo, there is no reason it won't work unless immune issue is hindering the implantation. Have a read on dr sher's blog online. He is US immunologist and has a lot of info about implantation failure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 only you will know what your gut feel tells you. I heard LB starts doing intralipid now so maybe ask her? Infertility is such a mystery. Sometimes everything can be going so right and yet still a BFN. Even with pgd tested embryo. There is just no reason sometimes but other times it's worth getting some extra tests done. I never had success with fresh transfer. It's like my body rejects it. Have more luck with FET although one resulted in chemical and the other time is this pregnancy.

But I know what you mean about it should work this cycle. I had that too but it didn't work and was heartbroken. I hope you can relax as much as you can during the month off. It could be hard when your thoughts are consumed with ivf.

Sounds like you will be busy though because it is a wedding season. Spring is here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thank you... I did see dr Gavin sacks earlier this year he did biopsy for NKC and didn't see me as a candidate for his Bondi protocol... Thought everything was a ok

LB is doing the cover all bases with the clexane & pred... Which is better than previous FS... Since starting this cycle I'm hearing a lot about intrapillids(?) ... And since have seen that LB is now starting to do them within reason apparently... So I think we'll b having a wee chat about that once my PGD results come in...

I'll chat to husbo when he gets home about it all... 😘 thank you again for your support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - i know how that can feel but you know what, during my fresh cycle, everything went to plan. Even work was great that month and i could do my stims and hospital visits with no issues. I had a polyp removed the month before and everyone said the fresh lining was perfect timing. And heading into the holiday season, work was no longer busy, just everything felt right. They transferred my strongest blast that was ahead the whole time and i felt for sure it was going to work and was devastated when it didn't. I then wanted to do a FET as fast as possible but had to end up waiting 2 months because Christmas timing and of course AF didn't arrive in time (always arrives on time when i don't want it to!!). Then when i went to do my FET it was a terrible month. I ended up in emergency (unrelated to fertility) 2 weeks before transfer. My AF then was later then it ever was (made my cycle that month 37 days and i average 32 days). Then on top of everything else, in the whole month there was 1 day i had a really important meeting and just that one day i didn't want ET. And yep you guessed it, that was when ET had to be. I was going to call the whole thing off but the FN convinced me that they could work around my meeting and that my hormone levels were great. Also they agreed to do more blood tests and ultrasounds / monitoring to make sure my body was definitely ready (such as lining thickness etc). So i agreed to it and rushed back to work straight after ET for my big meeting that i had been preparing for for 1.5 mths for. Well the rest is history....

Anyways long story short, just wanted to reassure you that even when all the odds are stacked against you, you just never know! Also i find during a fresh cycle your body is just a bit out of whack. I started bleeding early on my fresh cycle too and i have a 14 day luteal phase normally without a fault! I know lots of ladies are successful on a fresh cycle but my body just didn't react to it very well. Sending you lots of positive thoughts for your 2 snow babies

You are more than welcome to stay on the thread. If you have any questions or just want to let it out, we are here for you. I would love for you to keep us updated and really holding out to hear your good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: ya, now I remember. You did mention about the NK cell. If you have T cells imbalance, intralipid will help. I was doing it for no obvious reason. Just for the heck of it to cover all basis. There are other things like HLA match etc, not just NK cells. Take care for you and hubby. You might not want to think right now. Have a glass of wine etc. that might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati thank you... Your story makes me smile... And helps so much ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati @Tanej78 so it's not just me that have no success with fresh cycle. I don't think I'll ever do fresh transfer again. I will always wait for a FET after taking a month off. The month after fresh cycle is always weird too. Short cycle. Very heavy period and out of whack.
    @Tanej78 hang in there. You are allowed to feel sad after 8 years of trying. Your time will come very soon. You might get a really nice Xmas present.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (19-09-2015)