Closed Thread
Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati don't worry you can just if the exercises after you have given birth
    @Gelati is right @bbhope your boss has some responsibility too. I have a team that I manage and I wouldn't say stuff like that to a heavily pregnant woman. Just not worth adding stress to the pregnant woman.

I must say infertility also changed me. Didn't impact my work at all. Funnily that was the one thing I could control, so I made sure I did well. Fertility or infertility was so out of our control. But it made me angry, sad, etc. I was mainly scared though. Scared that we will never have a baby. I think this whole journey also taught me to be more appreciative and patient but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Tough few years.

Anyway @bbhope don't worry too much about what your boss said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby hates driving because every time he does, Perth drivers make him mad. I am not too big so I am still driving myself around! I did make sure the airbag on the steering wheel is higher than my belly. Well, he has been nice whenever I pass him the key these days.

Infertility affected me a lot and also changed my thinking. It was difficult to be told that we would never going to have our biological child. Then, there was hope in Syd. Got crushed again. I was in denial for a long time. Depression. Problem with promotion at work as well. I took a lot of time traveling for work last year thinking it would make me feel better but it didn't. I was still sobbing so often on those trips and felt so wasted instead of being productive. I hated the world and just wanted to be alone. Looking back, I felt so bad of not spending much time with DH at all. I was on the plane going somewhere every 2w last year. We had a closure and all it took was waiting to find a suitable donor. Oh boy, that had tested my patience as well. I was so negative about it all when we finally started and they found a polyp in my uterus during the stim. Thanks goodness, it didn't affect anything or else I don't know how much more energy I still have to fight this. More surgeries etc to prep. I guess it is just meant to be to have this baby in the end. The down side is that I become super sensitive about every comment ppl make about fertility journey among my fertile friends. This journey has made me cherish DH even more

I already volunteer to come back early from my parental leave. Not everyone is doing that. 1.5w left. There isn't much I could do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope big hugs. Infertility is a tough road. And no one understand it until they go through it themselves. Your fertile friends don't know any better but it does hurt to hear some comments.

That's right. You've done your part. Just focus on the baby and don't worry about work at al. Only 1.5 weeks to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I decided to POAS this morning (had a little bit of spotting last night for first time) and it's a big fat negative... Single line.... Thought it might be nicer to be let down gently...

We'll see what happens tomorrow but not feeling so confident, also trying not to give up yet

I'm sure the damn will break tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope this road I would never wish on anyone ... So tough and forever changed by it... I hate that it defines our life so much 😔 ... 10years with DH this year and 8years of trying... And he's now been working away FIFO 3years for us to afford it...

Big hugs... We are so hard on ourselves xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - minib is right, why would he say that to a heavily pregnant woman. It's very insensitive and poor management on his part. Forget about him and just focus on your own wellbeing. just do whatever you can and then that's it.

To be honest i woke up this morning thinking i couldn't make the trek into work anymore. I may need to get my mum or dh to drive me in / pick me up. I'm feeling way to heaving to be catching PT everywhere. Not too tired to walk but just the journey in makes me cringe. I may work from home next week some days. It's either that or i'm taking sick leave so i'm sure they'd prefer me to work from home.

minib i was like you i did get scared. I was sad at the thought of never being a mum but i was scared about growing old with no family. I don't have any siblings and dh has a small family too. That really scared me....being alone. If ihad lots of neices and nephews i would have been ok. I mean still very sad about us not having a family together but i would have been ok. Everyone reacts to infertility differently but it's never easy for anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 hang in there hun! hope you can get a nice surprise on Friday. It's not over until that BT. xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: maybe it is a late implanter. Just hold on until the BT.
    @Gelati: strange. Submitted my PPL last week online. I also submitted the required document straight away. I am not sure if their system is behind. I received a very vague letter few days ago asking me to go online to submit the document before Sept 22. Honestly, it is such a cryptic letter! I went online again and resubmitted the same document. The upload history clearly shows both. Anyway, I only receive a confirmation letter about receiving my PPL application which was dated few days ago when i resubmitted the second time. Did you get the confirmation straight away? Now, i wonder what happens. I put down the EDD but bub will be induced early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thanks for reminding me to check my mygov. I never received a confirmation letter just a letter saying they have assessed my claim and that the claim will be finalized once I give them the birth certificate and payment will be thru my employer. I'm guessing that it's all been successful then? I got that letter about 2 weeks after submitting online so maybe wait a week or so and see if you get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 argh! But don't give up hope yet. Hopefully it's a late implanter. I'm hoping for a really nice surprise. 10 years together 8 years trying wow that's tough. We have also been together 10 years and tried for 3 years. That 3 years were tough. Never wished it on anyone. I hope you and DH are having a baby soon. You guys have done well to be there for each other.
    @Gelati we have nieces and nephews and while we love them so much like our own, it was still heartbreaking thinking I might not have a little person calling me mummy. No matter how much the little people love me and DH, they will always prefer their parents.

I don't blame you @Gelati 36 weeks now and most people would have finished work by now. It's hard taking PT to work. It's even hard getting up at 28 weeks and try to psych myself for work everyday lol. Just work from home. At least you can get a few very productive hours then have some rest if needed.