Closed Thread
Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Bouncers are awesome. You might not use them right away by they are an awesome little life hack, take it into the bathroom with you and you can shower and keep an eye on bubs if they're not asleep. Ditto carriers, they're great, which one depends mostly on personal preference... I've managed to go through all of them: hugabub, ergo, baby bjorn, sling.

In the end for me I couldn't get the hang of the hugabub, used the ergo a little bit bubba doesn't like it as much, couldn't get him in a sling at all- I waited too long so he just resisted it, and despite worrying about the hip thing, I ended up liking the baby bjorn the best because it's so quick to get on and off.

Just watch your back and your wrists - if it starts to hurt talk to your doc and try to lift/carry ergonomically!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, one of the reasons we bought baby Bjorn is the easy clip on and off.
    @Gelati: I just got the news of another lady who has a due date around our date. Her water broke and the baby is out. I am freaking out even more now. Darn. I need sun to dry my clothes. Please little one stay in there. I am not ready with work etc. midwives interview etc next week. guess what? My colleagues are throwing me a baby shower next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Random question. Do you ladies use any special lotion for dry skin during pregnancy? My friend gave me Parmer's but I am not sure if these ingredients are natural. My skin is really dry. I try coconut oil but it is so sticky and oily. I feel more itchy on my skin with it! I used to use st Ives before pregnancy. It says natural ingredients but am not sure if it is safe for pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - that's a good point about only changing the top but i think when they are that small, washing a onesie is the same as washing just a top. They are all so small. I have bought a lot of singlets tho. My friend said i need it,....maybe to wear under the onesie? Or maybe when it's hot he just wears a single with a nappy?

Oh wow...she must have been very early. Don't worry, it's rare to be that early so unlikely you will deliver before you are induced. It's normal to feel nervous about labour but just remember there is an end point. It's only one day and then you will get to meet your precious son
    Aw that's so nice of your colleagues! Have fun at your baby shower!

I just use sorbolene. I have noticed some small stretch marks appearing on my side where my waist is. Doh, thot i could get thru the pregnancy with no stretch marks. At first i thot it was a rash because it was small red spots. But on the other side i now see some small lines so it must be stretch marks.

Thanks @ScubaGal. I did hear bouncers are extremely useful so good to get one that your baby likes.
    @Minib - did you go to chaddy? The toys r us there doesn't stock the baby bjorn So i wasn't able to get 20% off. Only the mega stores have it. boo!!! Oh well probably better to wait until bub is here so he can try out some of the bouncers.

I didn't really get much out of the sales. Went to bonds and got a mat bra. They had 40% off so got some undies too. I also found a labouring dress with buttons down the front from Susan but it wasn't on sale. Luckily it was only $29. So many people there. I was exhausted by the end! My belly is getting too heavy for me to do anything. I'm really glad i've bought everything i need now. I'm not sure how much mobility i have left in me

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL, i wish it is that rare. More than half of the ladies on the other July/Aug/Sept due group have their baby before 38w........

I want to buy few singlets but mom already bought some. I actually have stretch mark at 8w due to steroid. Thanks goodness that It went away after i stopped the med! The scarring isn't too bad. Phew. However, like you, i have just noticed big stretch mark on my side down to my thigh. DH just told me today that my belly is super big and looks like going to explode. LOL. But my female colleagues all say I am small. I am fine with the small size comment because it isn't coming from strangers with weird opinion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I meant I've just got a lot of squares to swaddle not the sleeping bag. I did go to chaddy last night. Went to bond kids but forgot the bond adult for a mat bra. Epic fail. It was quite busy and warm. After an hour, I had enough and went home.

Yep babies r us don't have the baby bjorn bouncer. They only have other type. Saw some portacot. DH likes the idea of portacot for downstairs as nursery is upstairs. I was thinking no portacot but now unsure.
    @bbhope for a newborn I was thinking washing a onesie is as much effort as washing a top. I've got plenty of singlets too though. I think that's more for layering under onesie.

That's nice your colleague is throwing a baby shower. My office also wants an office baby shower lol. Cute. Especially this is coming from a few guys in my team.

I use bio oil for my tummy and thigh to prevent stretchmarks but seriously they can't be prevented really well. I heard it's genetic. Unfortunately it runs in my family. I haven't seen any stretchmark yet though but I'm only 27 weeks. For other part of my body, I use QV. It's good and cheap.
    @ScubaGal did you like the basic bjorn the best? I saw a few different types.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - think positive. It shouldn't happen that often, none of my friends ever went early. Only one girl at work went 4 weeks early. Everyone else was either induced or late. So fx your son stays in there!!

Oh well....stretch marks will be our battle scars I'm not too fussed, just thot i was going to get thru the pregnancy without any cos i've only got 4.5 weeks to go. haha no such luck. I bought bio oil but i found it too oily and it was making my skin itchy. Yes i've heard it's genetics too. But it doesn't run in my family. Tho my belly is much bigger than my mum or grandma ever got.

DH thinks i've got a huge belly too! haha. Ppl at work have stopped saying i'm huge now. Now that i'm close to my due date they seem to think i look normal. Funny thing people's perceptions.
    @Minib - i was oposite to you. Didn't go to bonds kids cos i was so over it by then! Don't worry you still have time. Will you be able to make use of the christmas sales? bonds always goes on big sales during then.
    Omg how hot was it?? And busy! I was tired about 10 minutes into it but battled thru and stayed for 2 hrs with a few resting periods in between. Do you think you'll get the baby bjorn bouncer that has mesh or without? My friend who has a triple storey house has a cot on each floor! hahaha. The non bedroom floors she has cots with wheels or like those play cots. If you get a porta cot or bassinet i think that'd be handy.

Oh that's so nice of your offices! Mine won't be doing such a thing as i said i don't want a big deal made out of it. So i think we may just do a small team thing but honestly, i'm happy to slip off into the sunset

Hey one thing i wanted to ask, and i'm going to ask my OB, at my ultrasound they said bub's heartbeat was 120bpm and that it was perfect but then when i researched online, everyone seems to say that's on the lower end of the scale. What rates did you girls have? i know i should stay away from dr google!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't want a baby shower at work but someone just sent me an email yesterday saying she will organize one next week.

We dont' have bonds shop here. I am also interested in the mat bra from bonds. Too bad.

I haven't googled about the heart rate. OB says fine each time so I am not worried. I think last week heart rate was 130bpm. It changes from time to time, though.

Yes, I also heard that stretch mark is genetic. My sis didn't get much so when it popped up at 8w, i freaked out. It is just one of the side effect of steroid. I'm ok. It isn't too obvious. It is on the side anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you can buy bonds from myers and david jones. Don't need to go to an exclusive bonds store

i didn't know steroids can cause stretch marks. Is it because it makes you grow very fast?

Oh ok 130 is not too different. Mine was sleeping as well so maybe it's lower when sleeping? Anyways i'll double check with OB. I see him next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't see it at myers when i was there last week. Tha'ts why i ended up at kmart/target.

Yes, steroid makes you bloated and gain weight way too fast. I was looking like 5 months pregnant at the time!

No idea about the heart rate. OB is happy with everything so I'm happy. I'm seeing him on Friday. Every week now.