Closed Thread
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope have you got a date yet for the induction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, certainly holding off the move. We are going with zero VOC paint and low VOC for bathroom. Dh wants to do skirting but It will be proper staining and smelly. Low priority. No control over carpet and ceiling so will let it air out. Maybe looking at two months after bub is here. I dot want to over stretch myself the first month. I am a bit concerned with the cot. DH keeps telling me that it is just wood smell but I think the paint too? When we bought it, it does say non toxic paint but the chest of drawer kinda smelly after we set it up. It doesn't smell like paint so DH might be right but it certainly isn't pleasant. Pregnancy over sensitive nose? The mattress is certainly air it out now. The cot Is still in the box. I Would love to air it out but once unboxing, it will hard to move later on.

Oh...the coconut drink. Mom says baby will come out with smoother and cleaner skin. True?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No date for induction. I guess oct 2 when I am 38w. Or 1st which is OB surgery day. I am finishing work on sept 30! I don't want sept 30, which will be sharing my friend's baby birthday and it would also be around the time our first unborn due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope it's a good idea to wait. don't want to over exert yourself. I think airing out baby stuff is a good idea. I've aired out the mattress and the pram. If you can put it out in the sun even better. oh wow you are working right up till induction. no time off? i already can't wait to go on leave. Starting to feel tired and heavy. Can stay on my feet for long before i need to sit down. Still 2 weeks of work left tho. Boo!!
    @Minib - if i could get a hand me down pram i would def use that. But cos i had to buy i got a bit carried away :P it's so pretty! hehe. but i don't think i'll get enough use out of it. I guess time will tell.

maybe check with your OB before having a bath. I don't want to give you wrong advice. I didn't have mine very hot tho and i actually think it helped spin bub around. i feel like he is LOT now cos feeling kicks to the right. BUt i'll see what OB says at next scan, could be completely wrong! But floating on all 4s with the water seemed to help bub move around. i'm going to have a bath every weekend now and stay on all 4s. It's also easier to do cos i have less pressure on wrists and knees.

Oh didn't know that about coconut drink. I have a bit of coconut water...is that the same thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @bbhope you are working right up to birth. I have 10 more weeks of work. Can't wait!

I googled the coconut drink myth this arvo. Definitely a myth lol. Up there with no dark colour drink eg coffee as baby will come out with dark skin.

I'll ask ob about bath when I see him in 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. I reckon it is a myth. My mom always like to believe random facts than thinking if it makes scientific sense. I like coconut water so I won't mind drinking it. I drank a lot during first trimester. I haven't done so for a while because of the sugar content. @Gelati: coconut drink is the same as coconut water.

Well, I thought the due date is mid October so the plan is to take time off from oct 1. 2w off. It looks like I will work all the way through then. I have told boss that. Who knows. Maybe bub will come even before. I hope not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - well you are a super woman. Working right up to induction. Hopefully it doesn't come any earlier!

@ minib- so warm in melb today again. Is it just me? i feel like it's boiling!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @bbhope - well you are a super woman. Working right up to induction. Hopefully it doesn't come any earlier!

@ minib- so warm in melb today again. Is it just me? i feel like it's boiling!!
    I think it's already 20degs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's warm today! But cool change is coming. Looks like stockings will be back on for the rest of the week lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh so warm ...but windy. Yes apparently temp is dropping again. Make sure you rug up, don't want to get sick.
    @Tanej78 - 4 more sleeps to go!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-09-2015)