Closed Thread
Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG...your ladies are so fast. I just went to eat my dinner and now i have to read N posts.
    @Tanej78: DH and i are photography nerd. We both have SLR camera. I am actually thinking to downgrade and get a point and shoot! I don't know if the midwifes know how to use our fancy SLR. LOL. I was told that the nurse and midwifes can help taking some photos.

I won't have an official baby shower. 3 of my friends sorta threw me one few weeks ago when we went out for dinner. Some of my work colleagues asked about it, though. I just think they can give presents if they wish. I'm not that close to some of them anyway.

Hehe....bra shopping. @Minib: I hate it too. Believe it or not, I bought all my bra back home! Good brand, cheaper and with my size. The blessing for being pregnant and feeding is that you will be up to C cup! It is slightly easier to find. If you are on C size and above, I saw some cheap ones at kmart today ($15?). Unfortunately, they have limited body size selection and i couldn't find my size. I was mainly looking for cami with bra in. I ended up getting them at Target. $30 each. Size wise, they don't have the color i want but i am not going to be picky at this point. Yes, best to try the bra on. I got it fitted at BraNthings. Since they didn't have my size in store, it wasn't too bad to just walk out. Their nursing bra starts at $50. They told me to up a cup size to accommodate the engorgement later.

Gelati is right. It is so tiring to do shopping these days. I'm pretty worn out today. Also, i felt that just doing a bit of housework as well. Oh....which nappies did you buy? Is it one size fit all for newborn? I haven't bought any because I am worried to buy something too big. Hmmm...what kind of gown? Like a PJ?

I got the thermometer when i was in the US during my first trimester. Bargain. I figure everyone needs one at home anyway. My niece has one in europe and that one is fancy. It even talks to you if your temperature goes too high.
    Last edited by bbhope; 12-09-2015 at 22:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: have you heard of the coconut drink myth? I find that my mom always says something based on experience rather than scientific fact. I just want to know if there is a scientific reason behind it or yet another random myth.

Edit: @Gelati: we ended up buying steelcraft agile plus. Uppababy cruz would be our second choice. Agile plus is literally the same as city jogger but it comes with all other accessories without the extra money and foot rest is adjustable. The down size is not having a rear facing. It would have been a good system to go with a capsule. In the end, we opted not to have the capsule but a car seat from 0-4 yrs. This will allow the bub to rear facing a bit longer. Also, there is a chance that we will be traveling oversea with it. If we buy a super expensive pram, we probably won't want to bring it with us. My friend just did that -- they left their bugaboo at home and bought another pram to travel oversea.
    Last edited by bbhope; 12-09-2015 at 22:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib yeh i know i haven't bought any but i've seen some and so cute :P
    @Tanej78- i'm not going to get professional newborn shots at this stage. Just going to take a few photos on my own camera
    @bbhope - i guess it's whatever you are comfortable labouring in. I will bring pj's and then just some other comfy clothes. i've just bought the huggies newborn nappies. My friends have recommended that. Yay for getting your pram i was so happy when we finally bought ours. No need to worry. I think we'll end up getting a lighter mclaren type pram for the car when bub gets older and use this one more for walking and all terrain use.
    Oh we didn't get a capsule either. I thot if i find i really need one i can always guy it after. just feels like a bit too much money to spend on 4-5 mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope no haven't heard about the coconut drink. What does it do?

I think if we travel overseas, we will get a stroller. Much lighter than a pram. I heard mclaren stroller is good?

I'll also get Huggies newborn nappies.

Also for labour, I'll be in pj and just have comfortable clothes like legging and some nursing tops after that.

Will also pack dry shampoo and conditioner if I can't be bothered to wash my hair lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

Agree re capsule, we won't get one either. Don't need it for long. The car seat from newborn is enough. And between baby carrier and pram, baby should be ok if we go somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - dry shampoo is a good idea. Will write that one down

yes i've heard mclaren is a good one. I think bub can start using that after 6 months when they get some strength in their necks. Then they don't have to lie fully flat anymore. They are also a lot cheaper compared to the prams and take up less boot space. I'll use the pram more for when i'm out walking, shopping or taking public transport. I hope i can get enough use out of it. I have a feeling i'm going to feel guilty about how much i spent on the pram vs how much i'll actually use it :P

oh i didn't answer you about your bath question. That was the first time i took a bath but i'm assuming it's ok late in third trimester because lots of women are told to get into the bath to relieve back pain. I just didn't have it piping hot like i normally would. I think it's more the first trimester they say not to take baths as your core temp may get too hot. Later on it doesn't seem to be that much of a problem. Bubs is still kicking away so i guess it was all good. And it was so nice to finally have a bath....i slept like a baby last night.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #2

No bathtub for me. New place. what's dry shampoo? I will be using the pram a lot when I go back to work. So nice to sleep in on a Sunday and bub was cooperating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope dry shampoo you don't need water just rub straight into your hair. No need for water. Takes away the grease. Still not the same as washing your hair but better than nothing. You can get it at any chemist warehouse.

Oh are you in your new place now?

It's so nice to get a good nights rest isn't it? Makes a huge difference . Did you pack your bag yet? I've still got to do that today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. Unfortunately, I think the house will be ready when I am in the hospital delivering! Everything just had to happen all at once. Hubby still has to paint, contract out job for electrical, paving etc. no plan moving until bub is here. It is 40 mins drive from the city without traffic and would be more than an hr to hospital!

Not yet packing. I will do tonight. I did another round of laundry. Hehe. Good way to wake bub up is cold drink. I am doing it now. He hasnt been too active today......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope geez sounds like you have a few massive weeks coming up with the labour and moving house. Do you have to move out of the apartment at certain time? Otherwise might be a good idea to hold off the move. You don't warn the smell of new paint with bub newborn?
    @Gelati I am now tempted for a bath. Maybe this week one night after work. Such a beautiful day in melb today. Went for a big walk 7km so feel good now.
    @bbhope if you want to get dry shampoo get one that is suitable for asian hair. Some of them leave white residue which makes our hair look grey. I have never used it in the past because of that. I have been recommended the kardashian range. Apparently it's good for asian hair too as doesn't leave white residue.
    @Gelati I'm also not sure how much I will be using the pram hence happy with hand me downs. Some people use it heaps some don't. I guess time will tell.