Closed Thread
Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm thinking of having a baby shower when I'm about 36 weeks? That seems like a good time to have it before I get too tired.

I just looked at bonds website. They are having a sale right now. 30% off if you buy 2 or more maternity bra.

I really need to keep an eye on sale. Have to buy Gaia product, nappy, baby carrier, cot sheet, cot mattress protector, steriliser, and a few other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    I have great friends in the biz who I'll be hooking up that's for sure...

Biggest tip is light! Bigger the light source (window) less harsh the light is and will photograph nicer... So don't be afraid to wheel those babies to the window in hospital for photos and when your home ☺️👌🏻
    Thanks for the tips! Looks like my baby will be near a window a lot haha!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hehe I can't wait for my baby shower @Minib @Gelati 😂😂

Def stay clear of horrible J&J ... It's such a shame that the Honest company don't ship to oz... Such good products and earth friendly nappies too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Looks like my baby will be near a window a lot haha!
    Hehe
    Honestly it makes such a difference...
    People forget photography is about capturing light ... If the light is crap so will the photo be...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip @Tanej78! that's so handy you have friends who can give you beautiful photos. I'm just going to rely on my point and shoot
    @Minib - how late do people normally have their baby shower? Will you have bought most of your stuff by then? I'm 35 weeks and i don't think i could be bothered shopping around too much after 36 weeks. Already starting to feel quite tired. But everyone is different.

Thanks for the tip re: bonds website. I'm thinking whether i need to try them on first...what do you think?

Nappies were on sale at Coles. Not sure if they are still on sale but i feel like they go on sale quite a bit. I bought the bottle starter pack from Avent and that included the sterliser. That is also always on sale at babies r us. Just keep an eye out for their sales. You can subscribe online and they'll email you.

I bought the baby thermometer today on sale from Chemist Warehouse. Braun ear thermometer 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati that's the thing. Friends have asked me to give a list of what I want. And I want the shower early enough so I can go buy things that I didn't get. So can I have them around 34-35 weeks instead? And I really want to buy things on sale. Hate buying full price.

Yes I need to try the bra on too. So after browsing I realise I don't know my sizes haha. So have to go to the shop anyway.

Oh that's the thermometer I want. I didn't know it was on sale. Going online to chemist warehouse website now! And thanks I'll subscribe for babies r us and baby bunting. I haven't done that. No wonder I don't know when sales are on. My subscription is for the wrong thing eg myer, country road, target, Nine West, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 34 week is good. But if you only have a few things left to buy like linen etc it won't be too hard. You just don't want to have a whole heap of things left. Esp if you want to buy on sale. Yeh i hate full price too. esp baby stuff, they feel like such a rip off.

Yeh go online or you can buy in store. It's the new model too. I think the old model they were selling for $15 cheaper but that's sold out now. I didn't buy it at the time. hehe. Well those shops are still good to know when they go on sale. Country road has the cutest baby clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I wouldn't dare try and do my own newborn shoot... Too hard haha... But I'm sure my camera will get a work out regardless 😜
    @Minib I'm so having my baby shower before 30weeks haha...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati country road has cute kids bad baby stuff but geez they are exxy. Can't buy them full price.
    @Tanej78 I just googled and apparently it's common to have baby shower around 32 weeks so I have changed my mind. Will have it around 33 weeks now haha. Oh that's exciting. Only 6 weeks away. Better send the invite soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha awesome 👍🏻