Closed Thread
Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1031
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cancer patients? How? I thot that was all no out of pocket costs such as Peter Mac etc. that's terrible. And then we waste 900m on east west link. I know that's state but still. Disgraceful.

How come it's so hard to get a straight answer on how ppl will be affected. One of the best things about this country is health care. We should be protecting that not slowly diminishing it. Our taxes are so high and getting higher. Something doesn't add up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree. Our tax rate is so high especially on the top brackets. That's why people find ways for deduction.

The east west link is a disgrace. Can't believe we wasted money to dishonour the contract. The traffic is so congested. I don't like the current Vic government.

One of my families has cancer and there are heaps of OOP expense. He's going through private not public and have spent thousands of dollars.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand why people don't see Ivf as any other medical treatment for an illness. Infertility is a medical condition just like others. Ivf that is covered by Medicare is not voluntary.

I think the previous government was in the wrong for putting that condition in the contract. It's the state that suffers. We def need the infrastructure tho. Anyways totally different issue.

I have family who go thru Peter Mac for cancer treatment no oop and they are fantastic. Is going private for treatment a lot better than going public? I thot the public hospitals have the best equipment?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure re public vs private for cancer but I also think Peter Mac must be one of the best facilities for cancer treatment. But maybe it's not for every cancer? Not sure never look into it.

Agree!!! We don't choose ivf. It's a medical condition so how is it different to other illness? Isn't this what we pay tax for? It's not a luxury. It makes me really angry when people say 'you can choose not to have IVF'
    What if I tell those fertile people they aren't allowed to have children because our government refused to pay for it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got this email!! Let me know if you want me to forward with links!

FUNDING threat to IVF
    Cuts to the Medicare Safety Net will mean you are at risk of paying several thousand dollars more to have fertility treatment. Out of pocket costs will increase by 40-50% from January 2016.

We need YOUR help to send a strong message to Senators through thousands of emails that speak about the impact of these changes for people who cannot afford fertility treatment to have a family.

Please take a few minutes to send a message to register your concern with the Prime Minister, Leader of the Greens Senator Richard Di Natale and Shadow Minister for Health, Hon. Katherine King MP. This breaks the coalition government’s promise not to cut health. Copy your state Senator and your federal MP. It would help us monitor the response rate if you bcc or fwd your email to access@access.org.au . We will treat your email in strict confidence.

What should you write?
    Please write in your own words what it will mean for you if the Health Insurance Amendment (Safety Net) Bill 2015 is passed and you cannot afford the medical treatment you need to have a family. If you have been fortunate to have an IVF child, please write about what this means to you and how you would have felt if you had not been able to afford treatment.

Possible messages to include:

Infertility is not a choice. Those who need medical help to have a family have no control over this condition.
    One child in every classroom has been born through safe and high quality treatment using IVF and related technologies.
    Many children born through ART are now adults and ask why their government appears to value their existence less than those whose parents did not need medical treatment to have them.
    We have contributed, through taxes, to the education of other people’s children. Therefore, it does not seem unreasonable to help us with the only chance that we have for a child.
    Who should write?

You, your partner, your family members and friends. It is important that each write an individual letter .

When should you write?

Today - letters must arrive before 1st December 2015.

How to contact your Senator and local Member of Parliament

Click here for Senators in your state

Enter your postcode in the box or browse by state on the map for a list of senators with links to their emails.

Click here to go to the AEC Website

Enter your post code or suburb to find your Federal Electorate

Click here for your local member in the House of Representatives

Enter your postcode in the box or browse by state. You can also download contact details lists by name, party or electorate.

Don't like these annoying emails? Unsubscribe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Apples1234!

Well I guess you could say any treatment is voluntary in that you can choose to not have it right? And then I know people will say, well you won't die if you don't have IVF. But other types of treatment have funding that aren't about prolonging life such as prosthetics. And you could also argue that if we can't get funding for Ivf then children as a result of ivf should pay a lower rate of tax. You can't have it both ways. At the end of the day I just want people to recognise infertility as an illness.

On another note, Bub is deciding that he doesn't like sleeping during the day. Sleeps 30 min to 1hr and sometimes 1 X 2hr. I don't know how u do it @bbhope. Luckily bubs will sleep in your arms or chest. Our bubs cries in any position until he is asleep and will only stay asleep in his bassinet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: DH is home to help this week. Every nurse and Dr we talked to kept asking us if we have anyone to help. Colic and reflux babies are extra high maintainance and the reward is still yet to be seen.

6w is the peak? I feel like it is getting worse. Bub is now crying without any good reason. Catnapping as usual. We can't prepare the bottle fast enough for him so have to let him cry his lung out! We are now thinking microwave the milk! 5 mins to get the bottle warmer going is way too long for bub. Pead had commented that 8--10 w is the worst. I feel like there is no ending. DH also feels the same.......he is also getting very frustrated with him. He wakes up and cries. He eats and cries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I do feel for you. Crying baby is just the worst and such high anxiety. My heart drops whenever he stirs. I told my mum we should put him in his nursery but she wants him outside where it is noisy and light to get him used to day so I feel like any noise wakes him. But she's probably right. I find he finds it difficult transitioning from light to
    Deep sleep so always wakes after 30min - 1 hr.

Everyone tells me 6 weeks is peak but def better by 8 weeks. I can't wait. 1 week to go until 6 weeks and 3 weeks until 8 weeks. I hope he is OK by Christmas! Otherwise I need to make sure I can have two bottles of express ready to go. You can heat up in hot water. 5 min is a long time. I normally only heat up 3 min. The nurse said they can have just room temp water too. Or you could mix hot and cold water till it is warm (40 ish) and no need to warm up. They said water quality here is good so no need to boil before giving.

Oh yes our Bub wakes and cries and must be fed to go quiet. Once fed he is quiet thru nappy change and maybe a bit of play. By then he is tired and cry cry cry. Then sleep. By the end of the day he's so tired from his short sleeps that he does a big sleep at about 4pm and then again sometimes at 8pm. Overnight he is ok. At least he doesn't cry thru nappy change now and yesterday was the first day he didn't cry at all thru bath time. Don't worry @bbhope it's gotta get better right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to you both @Gelati @bbhope xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Infertility is an illness. There is no doubt about it in my mind. I get offended when people tell me maybe it's not meant to be ie to have children. Tell that to another ill person and see what their reaction would be. Argh I'm so annoyed about it!
    @bbhope @Gelati you poor thing. Looks like both bubs have their own issues. Hang in there. You guys are doing a great job and one day (not sure when) it will get easier. I hope??? That's what everyone tells me.
    @Tanej78 good luck for the scan tomorrow. Hopefully you have nice leading follies and ready for EPU early next week

On a lighter note, I finished work! What am I going to do next week? Lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)