Closed Thread
Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1031
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope how did moving day go? how is the new place? You know what i've finally realised. Our bub 'cries to sleep'. It's this thing where babies have to cry before they go to sleep. It's the only way they can get themselves to go to sleep. It's quite annoying actually cos it means there is no way he can go to sleep without crying and being soothed and he cries in yoru arms, anywhere really. And the hard part is you dn't know how long he's going to cry for. Which means i can't really leave the house with him cos even after a feed he will cry to sleep. I don't really know what to do and i've read online they can do this until they are many months old. Does your bub do this or does he go straight to sleep in your arms after a feed? I'm worried about this actually....that bubs has to cry before going to sleep and he could cry for like 30 minutes or for like 5 minutes....you just don't know! And when he wakes up he has to feed even if he just fed not long ago.....otherwise i have no way of getting him back down. |This makes me so nervous about leaving the house. I can just see me ending up in sleep school as i don't know how to get him to self soothe. If only he would be happy in our arms at least we'd have that but nope...always cries no matter where he is before he is able to go to sleep.
    @Minib - yeh i was slightly positive too...not to worry it just means you will get penicillin every 4 hrs from when labour starts. The risks are very minor and cos you only have a little chances are nothing will happen to bubs. After bub is born they will just take her temperature before every feed to monitor her. after 48 hrs all good. don't worry chances are very very slim. The OB wasn't worried one bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati are you open to the idea of a sleep school? I heard Masada is great. I haven't researched on it though.

Yeah the OB wasn't worried at all. He did say 1 in 5 woman get it. Not sure why both you and I fall into that stats lol. He said very small risk Bub will get infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yep I'm def open to sleep school if it comes to that. My mum is doing a great job with him tho and getting him go fall asleep himself in the cot. He will cry and she will settle and then put him in the cot eyes wide open and sometimes he falls asleep himself. Unfortunately when he does that he sleeps only short periods. Everything I've read says they sleep longer if they fall asleep I the cot themselves so what the??

Yeh interesting that we both got it. Sounds more common than 1 in 5. Yeh very very small chance because you'll get antibiotics. It just means you will be asked to go to the hospital sooner when labour begins. Doesn't matter if you end up induced. And yeh having Bub engaged doesn't mean much. Mine was 1/5 engaged (so very engaged) and nothing! I even had bleeding and a bit of mp lost and still nothing. Some ppl who aren't engaged come early. Wish there was some consistency!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I've also read that Bub will sleep longer if they fall asleep in the cot on their own. There you go another example where theory doesn't always work for every baby.

Are you serious?? You were 1/5 engaged? Bummer. Looks like I still have a long wait then. Work is starting a bet on when I will deliver lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep everyone thot i was going to be 2 weeks early! that made it worse actually cos i started believing it and by the time due date came i felt like i was 2 weeks late!

haha when do they think you'll go into labour? I think you will be on time or a day or so early. That's what i would bet!

Mum is doing a great job getting bub to fall asleep by himself in his cot. He's pretty much doing it everytime now. Just needs a cuddle and then we place him in there eyes wide open and he falls asleep himself eventually. Sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Unfortunately he does only sleep short cycles except last night he did 5.5 hrs and 3.5 hrs so that was awesome! but today he's been only sleeping 30min-1hr cycles. I can't keep feeding him either cos it's exhausting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your mum's method is exactly what the save our sleep book said to do. The only other thing they mentioned is the time Bub is put in the cot. Have to be by 7 pm.

I think I will deliver around +/- 3 days of my due date. So around 12th to 18th dec. although I would really love for her to come one week early. I'm impatient haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea that's what I was like @Minib. Wanted Bub to come early! Hehe. How lovely for you guys, you'll have Bub before Christmas too! Make sure you put up your tree before Bub arrives cos you won't be bothered after! I'm still trying to figure when we will get a chance to put ours up. Maybe this weekend.

Yes it's very similar except we do pick him up after crying doesn't get better after a few minutes. Even if it's not an emotional cry. Cos he'll just keep crying. So we settle him but put him down eyes still open. And since last night it's been working. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am posting what I can. Limited time. @Gelati: I would be thrilled if Bub sleeps more than an hr or two. Five would be a dream. It doesn't sound like you have a colic baby. Lucky you. Who knows I fall into the small statistic again with colic and reflux Bub. Anyhow, I posted on the colic thread a while back. We also have trouble with feeding. Sleep and feed day camp was suggested. I have the opposite problem. Bub would only want to sleep in my arms after long soothing session. Once I transfer him, he wakes up and cries. So I don't know what's worse from what u r describing. cry to sleep or long soothing session and only in the arms. I don't do controlled crying so let baby soothes himself is out because he would just cry. He happened few times at six weeks. Happily inthe cot by himself. I believe if it isn't the reflux and stomach problem. He can be a happy baby! Got few smiles from him now. I haven't thought about getting out f the house. Apparently, quite common with a colic baby. They are unpredictable. Hopefully, we luck out and he grows out of it by 3 months. My friend baby didn't until 6. The other until 1yrs old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is the new house @bbhope? Well I certainly hope Bub grows out of it for you sooner than 3 months! Poor you, you must be quite sleep deprived how do you sleep at all??

Oh yeh the smiles make it all worth it. I love those smiles. I tickle him now and he giggles and he also smiles after farting and pooping. He also smiles just before nodding off to sleep. Today he also started trying to communicate. Made these funny eep noises and wee. While we were playing he'd look at me and go eep!! High pitched. And then smile. Aw love!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub had a terrible morning today. only slept 30min from 9am - 2pm. We had visitors and then had to go out to get him weighed and he barely slept. He's such an alert baby and he just cries then i feed and before i know it 4-5 hrs have gone by and he hasn't slept! He's down now finally but i think @bbhope even tho bub doesn't have colic, the fact that he cries to sleep and can't just fall asleep in my arms means that i am scared to go out too. The whole time we had visitors today he basically cried and my friend's baby just slept nicely in her arms. Sigh. I'm afraid i'm going to be one of those mums who can't leave the house for the first 3 months!