+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bright red bleeding 7 days post delivery

My oby isn't too concerned at this stage as I haven't soaked a full pad within an hour and there's no pain / illness. I'm day 7 and since day 5 bright red bleeding has returned, just once a day, soaking 1/2 a pad. Anyone had this?

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    How did the birth go?

I had 8 weeks of bleeding. In the first two it was red from memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had 8 weeks of bright red bleeding after a c-section. Turned out I had a partially retained placenta - had no other symptoms aside from the bleeding. I wouldn't be worried at only 7 days but if you get to the 4-6 week mark get it checked! I needed to have a D&C last week to remove it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I've just had 8 weeks of bright red bleeding after a c-section. Turned out I had a partially retained placenta - had no other symptoms aside from the bleeding. I wouldn't be worried at only 7 days but if you get to the 4-6 week mark get it checked! I needed to have a D&C last week to remove it.
    I'm a little worried as I had raggered membranes that product might be left behind.
    What was your bleeding like if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    How did the birth go?

I had 8 weeks of bleeding. In the first two it was red from memory.
    Very quick, drug free, standing position 2 pushes

Thanks
    Reviews
    @maternidade it would ease off every so often for a few days then come back bright red very fresh. I thought I was overdoing things. It was heavy enough to wear a normal pad but never soaked it through heavy. To me it was like average period flow and would be bright bright red for days. Was also quite thin I think which added to the 'freshness' aspect. It just kept coming back and not reducing. I was told twice by midwives it was normal but when I asked my ob at my check-up 7 weeks post delivery she said it wasn't and told me to call her if no good within a week. When it was no better she did an ultrasound and it was instantly visible on screen. Good luck I really hope you don't have retained products as having the surgery was a nightmare with a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd say at 7 days it's normal but if it continues or you get other symptoms then get checked out. I had an ultrasound when still in hospital to check for retained placenta. If it makes you feel better, ask a GP to refer you for a scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my midwife home appointment, she has said it sounds like there's a little bit left, not to stress at this stage and I may end up with another clot. If it's still happening by week 4 then I'll need a scan week 6

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update- Still having gushes that soak a pad every few days ( nothing in between) midwife said that's definitely not normal ( 16 days after delivery). Again if I'm still getting them by week 4 I'll need to get a scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Update- Still having gushes that soak a pad every few days ( nothing in between) midwife said that's definitely not normal ( 16 days after delivery). Again if I'm still getting them by week 4 I'll need to get a scan
    That doesn't sound right. Do you have a fever? Are you exercising too much? Doing too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    That doesn't sound right. Do you have a fever? Are you exercising too much? Doing too much?
    Not at all, waiting until 6 week check up to start exercising again ( had stitches so don't want to rupture them). last 2 times (in the last week) I was cooking dinner and middle of the night laying in bed.