+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    4th I struggle with just one !!!

I cannot imagine having to cope with a newborn with 3 other munchkins running around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    These sound nice.

I have to small presents for dh. I sat ds3 (3 yrs) old down and asked him some questions.

My dad's name ----
    My dad is _ 18 yrs old he a grown up. (Only 20 something years out)
    My dad's favourite food is -- ham
    My dad's favourite sport is --eating the cake (dh is diabetic)
    My dad always says--- thank you
    My dad is really good at --' starting fires
    I love my dad because-- cause he has ears.
    I love this idea - super sweet. I might ask DS some questions and see what his answers are.

I haven't thought about Father's Day as yet. We've got DS's birthday party on Saturday so I'm focused on getting through that. Hopefully the antibiotics that I got today kick in fast and I can get back to normal so I can prep all the food & cake for the party.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    hope you feel better soon @wobbleyhorse

guess you arent staying up watching the mega=stage of the Vuelta tonight then?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The back yard fence. Aka chat thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleGuts View Post
    Hi all! Newbie here, figured I'd join in too if that's ok .. Feeling super relieved! Had a pediatrician appt today for my 13 week old DD. another pedi diagnosed her with failure to thrive, sent us for many many tests all of which were negative (thank goodness). Through info I found on bubhub I cut out all dairy and she is putting on weight! New pedi today agreed with no dairy diagnosis, gave us a script for pepti jnr as DD having formula top ups. Feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I can enjoy my baby girl now
    Hi @BubbleGuts

Glad your DD is doing better - I've cut out dairy & soy since having my DD. she has also responded really well. The main thing I miss is cheese - I love cheese, any type so it's been hard to not use it. I've also swapped my English breakfast tea for a chai as I find it better suits almond milk.

Have you missed anything? Or discovered any delightful non dairy treats that you can share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Hi @BubbleGuts

Glad your DD is doing better - I've cut out dairy & soy since having my DD. she has also responded really well. The main thing I miss is cheese - I love cheese, any type so it's been hard to not use it. I've also swapped my English breakfast tea for a chai as I find it better suits almond milk.

Have you missed anything? Or discovered any delightful non dairy treats that you can share?
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Hi @BubbleGuts

Hi @wobbleyhorse

Yes I've found it really hard cutting out dairy and soy to be honest. I'm not sure I'm doing that well with it, occasionally find I've eaten something without even thinking about it (usually when I'm exhausted).

I miss cheese and cream. I didn't realize how many things I made with those 2 ingredients .. It's not much fun is it?! I've been alternating between almond and coconut milk, but prefer the almond. I've tried a lot of the 'dairy free treats' at the supermarket .. treat isn't a word I'd use! The 90% Lindt chocolate is good, my dietician said it was fine to eat so there's one good thing!

What were your DD's symptoms which led you to give up dairy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her main symptoms were pulling off the breast and screaming while feeding, endless screaming after feeds, being unsettled, congested, constant hiccups, slow weight gain. So basically silent reflux - our GP prescribed losec and also suggested eliminating the dairy/soy. It really helped. Our aim is to try to reintroduce once she's a bit older (6-12 months) as he said they often grow out of it.

I'm finding that I need to make most things at home and eating out is a nightmare. I've had a few slip ups (who knew soy was in some brands of bacon) but I'm getting there 😀

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi everyone. my daughter had to give up dairy and egg for her second bub. he was not an unsettled bub, but such sever facial exema ( cant spell for peanuts.) now he is still allergic , he has to have an epi pen, and he gets asthma. he cant even have a cake with egg in it, or even 'traces' of dairy.
    marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi everyone. my daughter had to give up dairy and egg for her second bub. he was not an unsettled bub, but such sever facial exema ( cant spell for peanuts.) now he is still allergic , he has to have an epi pen, and he gets asthma. he cant even have a cake with egg in it, or even 'traces' of dairy.
    marie.
    Gosh - how scary. Anaphylaxis would be one of my biggest fears as a parent but I guess you just have to deal with these things when life throws them at you.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yes wobbleyhorse, it was quite alarming when he was small, but now he is 7 and so used to it. he just doesn't eat anything he cant have, and if he doesn't know if it is ok, he wont eat it. he is even happy to go to the movies and have everyone around him eating the buttered popcorn, he just shrugs it off. such a little champ. marie .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (03-09-2015)