+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ring Sling

So now I know I'm having another boy and my list of things to buy is only 2 things long, I've decided I'd like to get a nice new and hopefully comfortable ring sling. I want to get it sooner tho, as I still wear my 11 month old and am uncomfortable using the manducca now and the wrap aint great either. I find my ring sling ok but it's the mama way one and it digs into my shoulder easily, plus it's pink striped and neither my boys or I are pink people.

So far the slings on my list that I like are the Kokadi Diorite stars ring sling (which I LOVE the look of and hope that it would be comfy - it looks it) and either the lightly padded maya or the new comfort fit shoulder maya ring sling.

Comfort is a big factor but so is the look. I don't really like the striped designs and would like something like the starts or a block coloured dark grey or similar.

Also I can get the maya locally but can only find the Kokadi online from the UK which isn't the end of the world but any other suggestions would be great.

And any other ring sling suggestions would be fab.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an ezysling is so snuggley even with a 30month old. He has been in it since birth. I'll try find a link.
    https://m.facebook.com/TheEziSling

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

shani2  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a kokadi Erna sling and I love it. Soft enough for a squish but sturdy enough for a toddler (for short periods). So I would go with the kokadi (also I *think* resale will be better as well)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inner hippy For This Useful Post:

shani2  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    I have a kokadi Erna sling and I love it. Soft enough for a squish but sturdy enough for a toddler (for short periods). So I would go with the kokadi (also I *think* resale will be better as well)
    Yeah I really am leaning toward the kokadi, it looks so pretty but also super soft. Not really fussed on resale - will probably pass it on when done but I will keep resale in mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ring slings are the best! I would have used mine almost every day for the past year.
    Kokadi Diorite looks great, do you know what the fabric blend is? Linen or hemp would be supportive for a bit longer rather than 100% cotton, though I still find 100% cotton plenty supportive for my 11kg boy. I'd definitely recommend getting something made by a woven wrap company, there are so many to choose from.
    You can search for colours or styles you look on this site: www.slingofest.com, though you might find something perfect there but then not be able to find it for sale anywhere.
    Are you still not on facebook? Because the second hand market for slings and wraps is huge there!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

shani2  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm looks like it's 100% cotton jaquard weave. That puts a bit of a downer on it... Might have to try find something in my taste in a blend.

No, still scared of Facebook but hubby is on there so could have a squizz on his. What do I look up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the Australian buy/swap/sell group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/bwbss/
    It's public, so you can browse the albums without joining, you'd just need to join to post.
    Ring sling comfort also seems to be largely dependent on the type of shoulder, a lot of people (like me!) love gathered and hate pleated, or vice versa! A gathered shoulder allows you to spread it further down your arm so it distributes the weight away from your neck, but it restricts movement in that arm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    This is the Australian buy/swap/sell group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/bwbss/
    It's public, so you can browse the albums without joining, you'd just need to join to post.
    Ring sling comfort also seems to be largely dependent on the type of shoulder, a lot of people (like me!) love gathered and hate pleated, or vice versa! A gathered shoulder allows you to spread it further down your arm so it distributes the weight away from your neck, but it restricts movement in that arm.
    Mines a hybrid shoulder, best of both worlds. Hemp blends are def more supportive but I do find kokadi to be supportive in 100% cotton so I wouldn't let that put you off.