+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would go and see a naturopath. She probably has some kind of intolerance that isn't being picked up on allergy tests.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

yadot  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the feeling. I have been suffering from this kind of allergy for almost 3 years now. It's on and off. I noticed that it usually triggers during summer season and whenever I eat a lot of chicken, seafood and instant food. I have been to the dermatologist was given oral meds and creams. It helped a little but still the rashes are keep on coming back. I have tried both Elica Cream and Ointment and luckily both are helping me. If the rashes are dry and kinda scaly, Elica cream is suggested while the ointment is for wet ones. Check it out here:http://www.treateczema.ph/treating-with-eczema

Thanks
    Reviews
    This Dr is currently doing amazing things for eczema sufferers in NZ. My neice went and saw him and she no longer has any issues. His research points to diet. This is his book but I'm not sure how much info is in it but it might be worth a Google to see what you can find out. Among many other things, my neice had to completely eliminate things like milo and sauces from her diet.

Eta-there is a short you tube video of the same title that might be worth watching.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 25-10-2015 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is also a newish moisturiser (to use once the flare up is reduced) we are getting really great feedback on at work that people return to buy called Epaderm.
    It is essentially the same as Dermeze with added cetomacrogol. People seem to like it more than Dermeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the naturopath and allergy testing. It sounds to me as though she has a food intolerance or allergy to something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with suggestions about looking at food as a cause. Both my kids have eczema and the causes for them are dairy, tomato, soap/washing powder. I found the steroid cream with Dermeze worked well, and the BEST bath wash is Pinetarsol. Good luck, it's process of elimination and it sounds like you are having a tough time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does she eat tomatoes? It's a bit random but DS went through a hideous stage with his skin using many of the creams you've mentioned. We found it was tomatoes, we stopped him eating them and for the most part his skin is clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also look at her diet. Common triggers are dairy,tomatoes, strawberry and citrus.

I also agree 100% with what CMF said about the creme regimen. Dont be afraid of steroid cream, amd stay away from the 'natural rubbish',as she put it! Natural stuff works ok for mild eczema. Severe eczema needs better creams such as QV,dermaveen,or Epaderm is also great (providinf they dont sting her). Good luck,eczema is awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ask for a referral to a Paediatric immunologist/allergist to test for allergies (food and allergens). It might pick up something diet related or airborne that you can try and control to see if the eczema subsides.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Starlight Starbright  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just went to the eczema clinic at the Royal children's in Melbourne. They do a presentation then you see the nurses one on one. If you need further referring for allergy testing etc they can do that too. Took us a few months to get in.

I asked for allergy testing and got sent to the eczema clinic, but DD doesn't have it. I sat through it anyway. Are you adding bath oil to her bath?