+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Extreme fatigue

Im in my second pregnancy. Im 17 weeks and feeling extreme fatigue.
    I have a 10month old also and he is always on the go and never stops and sometimes only has 1 nap a day.
    Df is a great help when he is home from work.
    My iron levels r good.
    Just seriously struggling. I look amd feel like **** all the time. Sometimes im so tired i wana cry out of tiredness. My eyes usually wana close on their own and r so heavy.
    Just dont know what to do.
    Ds has been asleep for an hour and a half and ive been trying to habe a nap to but now feel overtired and cant sleep.
    i seriously was not this tired last pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you get a blood test to check other levels like thyroid/ to see if you have any viruses?

It sounds like you've got a lot going on, so it's understandable to be a lot more tired than with your last pregnancy. Extreme fatigue is really tough and can wear you down so look after yourself (eat right, fresh air, exercise etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a good idea. I never thought of a blood test to check. Thanks. Ive made an apt with the gp for tomorrow.

Thank you. Ill just have to be careful to not over do it with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never had a problem with tiredness in my first pregnancy, but my second pregnancy oh my goodness. I was exactly how you describe. I just wanted to lay down and cry with exhaustion. Definitely have some blood tests to check any infections etc. Its also great that you're trying to nap or at least rest when bub is. How is your sleep at night? Are you going to bed early? Try to leave any extra housework and don't overdo it. Hopefully you'll be over the worst of it soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank u. So good to know its not just me feeling tired with 2nd pregnancy. Seriously felt great first time around.
    I go to bed about 9.3p and prob fall asleep about 10.30. I think i need to go to bed about 8.30 as im waking lots from ds making noises on the monitor.
    Good to know ill be over it soon hopefully

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering about this too. Everything you talk about is exactly how I'm feeling too.

Hope things improve for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kimmmm.
    Things r fine now for me. I only have 6 weeks left of my pregnancy. And feel fairly good apart from usual aches and pains that cone on at the end.
    Hope things improve for u and good luck with the rest of ur pregnancy.