+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It says that you should still continue other forms of contraception. But sounds interesting.

I know it's important to understand the risks of these procedures, but every time I read the potential side effects I get scared off.

It would be so much easier if DH would just have the snip. I understand his hesitation though, I'm just so scared to get pregnant again and abstinence isn't really the way to go any more.
    When my GP told me about it she said it's not recommended if women still want kids. It makes it a lot harder to fall pregnant. She just offered to give me a referral because I'm done having kids, but as I can't have hormonal contraception I still have to deal with my periods every month! She was just trying to give me a way out! haha But I googled and decided against it. My periods cause me no grief except for annoyance, so decided the risks weren't worth taking.
    Unless your DH wants more kids (or wants the potential to have more kids) I think he should go and talk through his concerns over a vasectomy with a health professional. Honestly, it is far less invasive a procedure to be done. Thankfully my DH is also 1000% done having kids and was happy to take care of birth control given that I had carried and birthed our babies, and knowing that I can't take hormonal birth control. It was condoms forever, a vasectomy, or abstinence. They were our options cause there was no way I was having more kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    I am in the exact same position. We are using condoms at the moment. I said to DH last night that he is free to go the dr to talk about the snip anytime it suits him cos my body needs a rest after 15 years of hormonal contraceptives and three children. I'm just leaving it to him now to do something more permanent, I'd be happy using condoms long term- it makes little difference to me, I've taken responsibility for contraception by messing with my hormones long enough, I definitely don't want any more babies.
    Yep, this is me. Though the pill never disagreed with me and worked really well, I just think I've been the one to take care of contraception for 13 years and I've been pregnant twice, given birth twice, I'm doing all the night wakings and feeds as DS is still breastfeeding - and what downsides does DH have? He doesn't want any more just as much as I don't want anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine tied after my last pregnancy. No, I didn't have any syndrome. I had no problems at all. Yes, I do recall having one or two heavy periods with associated pain but I saw that as part of being post partum.

I have yet to review any material that significantly proves TLS but that's not to say it doesn't exist. What I will say, though, is that I was not counselled prior to the operation nor warned of any side effects. The obstetrician simply handed me a form to sign and that was basically it.

That said, best decision I made and no regrets.
    Last edited by Spankytown; 31-08-2015 at 13:21.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spankytown For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard too many too many stories of failed vasectomy to not take care of it myself, so that's what I did.

In my opinion it's the best decision I've ever made.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-08-2015),Spankytown  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my tubes tied feb 2012. It was the worst 3 years of my life, hormonal, weight gain, my periods went from being light and only 3 days tops to being heavy, painful and lasting up to 7 days with spotting on and off for the rest of the time. In March this year I had them reversed and I immediately felt free. AF has gone back to normal and all my hormonal issues are gone..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This came up last week in my 6 week appointment with my ob.

He offered tubes, mirena or mini pill. I'm really not happy with any of those. I told DH about them and we kinda figure that with 2 pregnancies, 2 csections and numerous complications that my body has been through enough. So it's his turn, he's happy to get the snip. We are both 100% done.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-08-2015),BabyG4  (01-09-2015),Gentoo  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone had their tubes tied?

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    This came up last week in my 6 week appointment with my ob.

He offered tubes, mirena or mini pill. I'm really not happy with any of those. I told DH about them and we kinda figure that with 2 pregnancies, 2 csections and numerous complications that my body has been through enough. So it's his turn, he's happy to get the snip. We are both 100% done.
    I wish this was how DH saw things. My SIL said her DH thinks the same and he is having the snip after she's given birth to her second and final baby in January.

We haven't spoken about it all in a while but we've also not DTD since DS was born 11 months ago!!! I did warn DH though that this would happen if he wasn't having the snip and I can't take the regular pill just yet.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 31-08-2015 at 15:49.