+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I really like Netflix but we've had a lot of problems with it. We often get errors saying the content is not currently available. The show will start and then 1-2mins into it the error will come up. It seriously only works about half the time. If they don't sort it out for us we'll be ditching it.
    It will likely be your internet connection. We have the same issues but were warned about it as our internet is overloaded and slow at peak times. I find it helps if I make sure no one is on any other devices while I'm watching something.

It's not perfect where we are but for $10 a month I can live with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really like Netflix but we've had a lot of problems with it. We often get errors saying the content is not currently available. The show will start and then 1-2mins into it the error will come up. It seriously only works about half the time. If they don't sort it out for us we'll be ditching it.
    Yep as previous have said, it is your internet that's the issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is a problem with your ISP unfortunately not Netflix.

We love Netflix, have had it since the day is was available in OZ and we have never had a single problem. We have tried Stan and presto but got rid of them. They just weren't as good and not worth paying for when we already have and love Netflix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    It will likely be your internet connection. We have the same issues but were warned about it as our internet is overloaded and slow at peak times. I find it helps if I make sure no one is on any other devices while I'm watching something.

It's not perfect where we are but for $10 a month I can live with it.
    Seriously!?! Can I ask who your ISP is?
    We have got 12 wireless devices. There is always a few using Internet or Netflix at a time and never any lag issues.
    Is it an area thing? Or just crapy ISP service?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Netflix

I think both do free month long trials so you can have a look and see the content. I recently signed up with Stan but I'm a little underwhelmed on content. Plus it doesn't seem to work as well as Netflix does for us. We also have a smart TV which has the Netflix app so it's easy enough to watch on our TV, while Stan and Presto don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which is better Netflix or Presto?

I'd do the free month trials and see what you think.

We have Netflix and it's great, I've barely put free to air on since we got it.

After having it for a month Optus wrote to us and said they were upgrading us to free unlimited broadband so maybe they are trying to stay competitive against IINet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just got Netflix. have not watched anything yet but impressed with the list of TV shows and movies so far. we get a one month fred trial then $11.99 a month.

do people run theirs through their TV or through something like a playstation? my tv wasn't coming up with the Netflix logo so I assumed I'd stuffed it up but I put on the PS3 and it's working....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need something to run it through. I got an Apple TV thing (or i guess if you had one of those internet connected TVs that would work too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I followed some instructions online for Sony Bravia set up but it wasn't working. I remember my dh mentioning we'd need to run it through the PS3 so I popped that on and it's worked. I've signed into our account but not tried a movie yet.

excited to have some tv options at last, normal tv is 99% rubbish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Seriously!?! Can I ask who your ISP is?
    We have got 12 wireless devices. There is always a few using Internet or Netflix at a time and never any lag issues.
    Is it an area thing? Or just crapy ISP service?
    It's where we live. We don't have a strong internet connection.