+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like programs like WW and 12WBT because they reinforce what to eat, what good for choices are, what foods are nutrient dense but calorie light etc. They're more around education rather than just weight loss. That being said, if you're not someone who works out, 12WBT will be hard. Possible, but hard. I'm finding the WW workouts super easy, so I'm adding extra weights and reps to make it more worthwhile, but I'm fairly fit and go to the gym regularly (usually) so I know how to manipulate it to suit me. I'm finding the biggest incentive for me is that I've paid for a program so there's an obligation to follow through. It might be worth speaking to your GP first to see what they think a good option for you will be based on your current fitness level and health.

FTR, I actually found 12WBT menus and recipes to be on par with how we ate anyway and DS1 ate whatever I served up (DS2 wasn't on solids at the time). Our diet was very similar so it was fine for us, it was more portion control in my case.

I've half-arsed done shakes twice before and hated it. I need to chew otherwise I feel completely deprived and it just made me irritable and hangry. Plus, because there was no financial outlay, I just stopped without feeling like I'd wasted money IYKWIM.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just stared a weightloss challenge with some local ladies, we've all put $100 in & the winner gets $1000... That's incentive enough for me!! Maybe you could organise something similar?

I need to be kept honest so WW works for me, but I didn't want to shell out the expense of it at the moment. Plus I know how to love one weight I just need incentive to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey if you want to lose the weight do Jillian Michales 30 day shred buy the DVD off eBay for 12dollars or do it on YouTube
    Fill your body with **** loads of fruit and vegetables example
    Wake up have a glass of water go to a walk
    Have a fruit smoothie
    Snack massive salad lots of lettuce celery cucumber tomato spinach
    With green tea
    Do the MB DVD
    This is what worked for me cut out all your processed junk and follow the healthy eating plan till you die that way you won't put it all back n losing weight is cheap and easy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maddmumma For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started the 12wbt in 2012, had been ttc for 3 years and my dr suggested i lose some weight. I was getting married that year too so wanted to lose weight for that also. 5 weeks in and 8kg down and i found out i was pregnant!! I had to stop as soon as i got that positive preg test, but i kept up the healthy eating and only put on about 9 kg the whole pregnancy - and 4kg of that was my son!
    It's hard at the start (i was on the 1200 calories a day), but you get used to it. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (09-09-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I did it in 2013 and it was great here is my weight loss diary from it

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-stretch/page5

I think it's so worthwhile because it's all sustainable changes- I've kept off almost all that weight and it's 2 years later so I really do recommend it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just making note to read this more later!

Question regarding loosing weight for IVF- may I ask how tall you are and your weight? I reckon my hubby and I will need to do the same next year so maybe I need to get serious with my weight now just to be sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiewife View Post
    Just making note to read this more later!

Question regarding loosing weight for IVF- may I ask how tall you are and your weight? I reckon my hubby and I will need to do the same next year so maybe I need to get serious with my weight now just to be sure!
    I'm 171cms and was 88kgs when I started, got down to 65kgs. Keep in mind this was mostly pregnancy weight (I was 72kgs when I fell pregnant) and I was breastfeeding so the weight was always going to come off reasonably easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was similar to above - I'm 175cm and started at 87kgs and got down to 69kgs in one cycle of 12wbt. I was exclusively breastfeeding my young baby so eating more calories (I started at 1700 per day but found I was starving and the weight was dropping so fast I increased to 2000 cals per day which was better for me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tassiewife, I'm 164cm tall but the clinic we are going through for our ivf is low cost so they have a bmi restriction of 34. They won't start treatment until it is 34 or under and mine is 36. Goodluck to you....

Thanks ladies for all the replys, this weightless thing can be so hard sometimes but I'm determined to do it to have our dream of starting a family 😊