+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 12wbt. Any success??

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had success with Michele Bridges 12wbt challenge?? I'm looking to lose about 15kg so DH and I can start ivf but need my bmi to be 34 or under so am after any weight loss hints, tips or ideas on a budget. I have previously done ww but want something to kick start me quickly. Thanx in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 12wbt. Any success??

I did it last year and lost 6kg. I was pretty happy with that as that was mostly due to diet changes. My exercise was quite patchy due to having a laparoscopy about 4 weeks in then doing an ivf stim cycle in the last few weeks. I've no doubt I could have lost more if I had stuck to the exercise plan more than I did. I saved the recipes and revisit some of them as the food was yum. I'd recommend it
    Last edited by besha; 31-08-2015 at 01:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also didn't need to lose much though, my goal was 5-10kg but as I said I think if you were stricter with it than I was you'd lose more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did it a few years ago. I lost about 6 kgs, all of which I put back on. The low calorie limit doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoy it, last year I did 2 rounds the first when I was 3-6 months pregnant and then the second right before I had Bub until she was 3 months old. If you are dedicated it is fantastic I still use all the recipes we only eat these and I meal plan using them. I never did the exercises only the eating combined with a daily walk and it meant I didn't load on the kgs like I did with my 1st pregnancy. I say give it a go you will know if it works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it in 2011 after the birth of my first Bub. I started when he was 8 weeks old and I was exclusively breastfeeding so on 1800-2000 calories a day. I lost 17kgs in 12 weeks and was in the top 10 overall weight loss %. The difference was really amazing and I was super toned from the exercise. I did a mixture of exercises at home, gym, and running/walking. I highly recommend it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BMI was 28 when I started. The more you have to lose, the faster it will fall off - so 15kgs should be easily doable for you. Like most things though, you have to be disciplined and make the effort to work towards your goal. I didn't stick to the meal or exercise plan, but I did stick to burning 500 calories a day through exercise and also stuck to eating under 2000 calories a day (due to breastfeeding). If you do this you will get the results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did 2 rounds, starting when DS2 was 4 months old. I had a higher calorie allowance because I was BFing, and lost about 20 kilos all up, then another few on my own. I enjoyed it but be warned, the exercise component is full on.
    I put on about 5kgs over there last year or so and am now doing WW to drop those. I looked at 12WBT again but didn't want the commitment of the exercise component, plus it's expensive.
    It's a good program though, there's lots of information and online support. I found the forums really useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did the 12WBT back in 2012, I lost around 10kg during the time period. But honestly, I gained back 20kg, and found that for a family (and a large one at that) it was just way too expensive. The meals set out were just so expensive to buy everything, and given that it was stuff my children wouldn't eat, I was buying two lots of groceries so very expensive, which isn't ideal. I also felt as though I had been thrust in the deep end - weighing food all the time and continuously counting calories, I found it all very stressful and yes, the exercise was full on for someone who previously didn't exercise much (because busy Mum of 4).

I'm now doing the Optifast program to lose weight and to reset my mind/body on how I think about and use food and I am finding this a LOT more manageable and doable, though it does come with it's own expenses, at least I'm not cooking 2 lots of meals a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx ladies for all the advice. I'm still in 2 minds, do I do this??, do ww again or go back to shakes to kick start me off?? I'm no good at decision making lol