+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always wanted 3-4. Dh 2-3.

We have 3. I know I am done ... but I do think about what it would be like to have a 4th. I struggle with pregnancy, each one has gotten worse, i was on bedrest for the last 3 months with number 3. So my body couldnt handle a 4th. I dont think hubby could handle a 4th.

And the practical side of things - finances, car etc....

Dd2 has made ourfamily feel complete. I no longer feel like anyone is missing. DH is getting the snip, I told him he needs to go sooner rather than later so there is no possibility of a number 4.

The true test will come for me when dd2 turns 1, as we have started preparing / ttc at that age. I wouldnt, and haven't, considered freezing my eggs.... I do want to donate them though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    I knew as soon as I was pregnant with #3 that we were done. I felt content with two but DH and I kept talking about whether we should have a third or not. The decision was made for us with a surprise pregnancy.

Now that DD is here, yes, I am absolutely, 100% DONE. It feels like DD was always meant to be in our family but no more.
    This, EXACTLY this. Dd2 arrived april, she was unplanned ans caused a huge amount of upheaval. Wouldnt be without her for the world now but oh my god no more. I love them, and if i had infinite time and resourses I would have more but I dont think i can fit anymore hours into the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think for some people it's a definite. Like me. I know I am done. I have absolutely no desire for more babies/children.

But I have a lot of friends who always wonder "well, what if?" and even some who wished they had another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yeah my heart always longs for more babies but my body and mind know my body couldn't do it. So sadly I am done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping you get that done feeling but for now we're definately not there. I think about having more babies on a daily basis. I often wonder if I'd be pushing fate/luck to want more children especially as I have 2 healthy happy girls.

For me money would not be a deciding factor we are already a one lower income household but as my DH always says if we need money for things we always find it. We are very simplistic and make do with what we have and sure we could have a more extravagant lifestyle if we stopped now. But it's not my desire I've envisioned Christmases birthdays Easters summertime surrounded with children and one day my children's children the thought make me gooey inside.If we are lucky to have more children I will be one thousand times blessed.

I don't think I would freeze my eggs unless I was diagnosed with an illness that needed treatment. we have decided we want children close together in age and again I was lucky to find love and create a family in my 20s so thankfully time in on our side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am from a family where I am certain my parents were way out of their depth, financially and emotionally to have as many children as they did (5). I missed out on lots of things financially and my folks were constantly stressed about $ which we weren't kept away from. My mum also took a figure it out yourself attitude to almost everything so we all lacked emotional support too and believe me it shows now we're all adults. I see now that she was overwhelmed, we're very close in age and we were too much for her.

After I had my second my dad said to me "whatever you do, don't have another one. You'll regret it!" For the record, I am their 4th.

Not saying this happens to everyone who choose to have a big family. Just think for me personally, I want to be able to give my kids what I didn't have and I know that realistically by having another one I will be taking something away from the 3 I already have. Sure, another baby would be loved as much as the others but I think it would have a negative ripple effect in the future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

amcyus  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do you decide to stop having children?

I wanted 3-4 kids and DH wanted 2-3.

We have 1ds, as I have a rare autoimmune disease that destroyed my fertility, and even though I am in my 20's my ovarian reserve is very low.

We have been ttc for a few years and just about to start IVF. I want a sibling for DS so badly...but I know I will be ok if it doesn't happen.

After severe post natal psychosis which saw me hospitalised for months, this autoimmune disease that is so difficult to keep under control, ttc for years, 7 or so chem pregnancies and now IVF, and any pregnancy I have will be high risk...there is no way I would TTC again. The FS all ask if I want more than one more child and the thought of going through this again actually repulsed me. Our lives have been on hold for years with TTC and there has been so much heartache. I am ready for it to end.

If I am lucky enough to have another child I know I will be done. 100%. And if it doesn't work I know I will be done too, and will get to concentrate all my efforts on my one beautiful boy
    Last edited by Patience86; 02-09-2015 at 09:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

amcyus  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

We have two and the hubby says he is definitely done. I would love more pregnancies and babies but I was unwell with #2 and there's a 90% chance of recurrence. There's risk to both the baby and I, so we are done. But, if I'm honest with myself, I'm not entirely sure that our family is missing another person.

I just love having babies! If I didn't have the risk of being sick again, I'd love to be a surrogate, just pump out beautiful babies lol
    Last edited by Ruby_Tuesday15; 02-09-2015 at 10:54.

Thanks
    Reviews

We never had a 'number'. In my mind I always thought 2 or 3. The decision was pretty much made for us after having DD as my already dodgy health declined further. She is 6 and I'm just getting back on track. I also suffered with PND after her and if I'm honest, I haven't felt quite like myself since. I also don't do pregnancy well (which probably goes hand in hand with my health issues). DH actually said he wasn't sure if he could watch me go through another pregnancy (and he was the one who always wanted more kids). DH had the snip this year, so we left the door open for nearly 6 years. We both feel done and our little family is complete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MCHN said to imagine my family photo and see if anyone was missing. I struggled with that one but found when writing Christmas cards last year that our signature was full (no names missing).