+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always wanted 5-6 kids. We have 3 now and DH would absolutely not cope with a 4th. He struggles with 3, really struggles. I am slowly coming to terms with it, but it's hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We originally wanted 2 but after DS2 was around 12 months old we discussed the possibility of a third. Our beautiful DS3 has just turned one! We are well and truly done. DS3 left me with a partially collapsed lung and a pelvic separation so severe I couldn't physically walk for 3 days after he was born. I had my tubes tied during my c section. I'm happily selling off baby stuff and I love the feeling of completeness that our family now has.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted all my children before I was 30, I'm 27 with 4 and a step son :-)
    we have a large house and car and it's full so we know it's time to stop haha
    sometimes I think another would be ok but really I could not cope with another pregnancy while looking after 5 kids nor do I think I could really cope with another baby.
    I have 3 girls and 1 boy all healthy and happy I think I have been blessed enough :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always thought my family would be complete at 30, then I realised how young 30 was so that age limit is out the window. After we had our 1st we joked about having 4 as it's an even number. Then the expenses came in. We just had our 2nd and I knew the moment I had her I still wasn't finished so we will go for at least 3 and see how finances go.
    No I wouldn't freeze eggs at this point- we have 2 beautiful girls conceived first time so history appears my husband and I have had a good sperm/ egg combination with no issues. if we hadn't started or I was single at the age I am I would consider freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to stop having children 2 kids ago 😁 I now have 4 and I am so glad our two surprise babies happened as I can't imagine life without them. I am now in my late 30's and with my youngest about to turn 3 things feel settled and comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just know when you're done! I've always known my DD would be it for me. I'm fine with getting rid of baby things, I don't feel any twinges or 'pangs' when I see other people having babies. I love my DD and treasure every second with her, I get so sad when each stage is over because I know I'll never experience that again! But I just know she's the only one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I knew as soon as I was pregnant with #3 that we were done. I felt content with two but DH and I kept talking about whether we should have a third or not. The decision was made for us with a surprise pregnancy.

Now that DD is here, yes, I am absolutely, 100% DONE. It feels like DD was always meant to be in our family but no more.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (02-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    I knew as soon as I was pregnant with #3 that we were done. I felt content with two but DH and I kept talking about whether we should have a third or not. The decision was made for us with a surprise pregnancy.

Now that DD is here, yes, I am absolutely, 100% DONE. It feels like DD was always meant to be in our family but no more.
    Congrats on bubs safe arrival. Looking forward to your birth story .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We planned to have 3, and were lucky enough to have 3 healthy boys in 4.5 years. Part of the reasoning behind this was my husbands age (he was 47 when ds3 was burn, I was 32), our financial plans, cost of childcare... At this point I was happy with the decision of 3 kids and had accepted our family was complete.

When ds3 was 4 months old I fell pregnant again (unplanned) and we struggled with the idea of 4. Two weeks ago we welcomed our lovely dd, and are adjusting to being a family of 6 (with 4 kids under 6 years). Although it it early days and we are not settled, I still feel some "mourning" (is that the right word?) that I'll never be pregnant again, never bring new life into the world etc. maybe this will settle down with time...

That said - we are 100% done, DH got the snip last week.

I suppose what I'm saying is we are all done, and happy with the decision - but I wonder how emotionally I will feel (after some time)....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 40 and my 2 girls are 5 and 9. I'm back and forth about a third, DH would love it and so would our girls. So we have just decided to let things take its natural course and see what happens.