+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started young, so my cut off age was always 30. I don't know if I had had difficulty with falling pregnant if I would have stuck with that cut off, but I never had any interest on having a large gap between my kids so the idea of freezing eggs or embryos for down the track has never crossed my mind.

As a previous pp, I knew I was done when I wasn't sad getting ready of the baby stuff, and we also can't afford any more kids with our chosen lifestyle. Neither of us were prepared to give up our lifestyle for more kids so that really lets you know that you're done...plus the downside to have kids close in age when they are all young is the difficulty of raising them all when they're all at super demanding ages. All my kids are primary school aged now and I love the freedom and independence this stage has given us as parents. My husband has had a vasectomy, and we have no regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We are fortunate enough to have three children and while I would've loved a fourth, the decision was taken out of our hands.
    The longing for a fourth was quite strong but just recently I realised how much my youngest has grown and we're past that baby stage in our lives so I feel really at peace now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wanted 4-5 but had 7 miscarriages and have 2 now who are 20 and 18. I have no siblings and I hated it growing up and to this day I still wish I had a sibling.. So I was adamant that I had more than 1.. Sadly at 30 I had to have a full hysterectomy due to endo ... 13 yrs later I still wish I had more than 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For me, 2 is enough. I used to say I wanted 3. And maybe if I'd met someone in my 20's, I would have. But DH and I didn't meet until I was mid 30's so time wasn't on my side! My last pregnancy wasn't easy. DD played havoc with my body - I had so many aversions to food, smells, etc that I was sick and sore for most of it as she also wedged herself in my hip. Definitely wasn't keen to go through that again after 40! She was also very difficult from about 18 months until just before she turned 3. So if the thought of another pregnancy at my age hadn't already put me off, her behaviour certainly would have sealed it for me!

I think you know when you're done. Whether it's a practical decision due to finances, age etc that overrules a maternal urge, or you just feel done. After DS, I'd get clucky if I held a baby. Now? More than happy to give them back and don't actively go seeking cuddles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The moment I had DS. Never ever wanted more than one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Growing up, I always wanted one child. If I had a choice of gender, I would have chosen son. Since the second my DS was born, I have never wanted another one.

I honestly don't think I would ever freeze my eggs 'just in case' I change my mind in the future. Circumstances may change and I may decide one day in the future that I want to have another child, but I would need to deal with that if it happened, it's not something I feel the need to proactively plan for.

Good luck OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pregnant with my third (and last). I know it is my last for so many reasons:

- the thought of giving away baby items excites me
    - excited about getting through the baby years and moving on to the next stage
    - this pregnancy has sucked. I don't particularly enjoy pregnancy, and this one especially.
    - dh and I have only ever wanted 3
    - we are not willing to adjust our lifestyle for more kids
    - just plain don't want more

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 DDs and we've decided we're content with our family of 5 despite always wanting 4 kids.

I still get twinges when I hear someone is pregnant or when I see tiny babies but up until recently I've become very content with not having any more children.

To answer your question, no I wouldnt freeze eggs just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We wanted 6 and have 6. We are done. My body couldn't cope with another pregnancy ii don't think. If were blessed with a surprise bub, we would be happy but it certainly not be planned.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do you decide to stop having children?

I used to think I wanted two children. Then I had a baby... Now I don't want anymore babies. I would not freeze my eggs personally because I even if I did 'change my mind' I probably wouldn't be that disappointed if it turned out I actually couldn't have anymore anyway. I'd drink a bottle of champagne, eat some raw oysters, soft cheeses and cured meats and enjoy a full night's sleep as consolation.

Clearly I am not a baby person...

But I love my son! I swear
    Last edited by TeaM; 30-08-2015 at 18:42.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeaM For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (02-09-2015),BeingPositive  (02-09-2015),Renn  (30-08-2015)