+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do you decide to stop having children?

I know this is personal to everyone but just wondering when do you decide that you have had enough kid(s)?
    As a women, would you freeze your eggs for "just in case i changed my mind in the future"? Anyone on that path can advise how much that costs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always wanted just one child, preferably a girl. Now that I have my baby (little girl is 10 weeks old) I'm done. I know that later I'll miss the baby stage so I'm making sure to savour every moment.

I'm 32 and not considering freezing eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wanted 3, then when we had 2 we decided that was as much as we could cope with, that the house would take etc etc. Then I fell pregnant with a surprise baby who, in many ways, really shouldn't be able to exist (there are a whole LOAD of reasons why I shouldn't have been able to get or stay pregnant!!) anyway. With DS (no2) I was regretful when he grew out of nb nappies and found myself being a bit clingy with his babyness. With DD2, when she grew out of the nb nappies it was more of an "oh well here come the pink ones" with no regrets etc. It's odd. I love them as babies, but three is definitely it!! Quite apart from anything else, the last 2 have had 2minute births and their heads are getting bigger (35.5cm, 37cm, 38.5cm)!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Egg freezing isn't as effective as embryo freezing FYI.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (30-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought 40 was my deadline (I'm almost 39) - we've been doing IVF for 3.5 years and had 9 embryos from the last cycle. I decided we would try till there were no more embryos left (we have 6 left)

Currently 28 weeks pregnant with our first and I think I'd be happy with one after all we've been through.

I've taken several factors into the decision (the whole IVF process, finances, age etc) but I believe In 'never say never' also, baby isn't here yet and I might want another, but I might be so exhausted that I'd be happy with 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said I would go to 4. I still don't know about that, but whatever the case I must have them all or be pregnant with the last when I hit 30. I'm almost mid twenties now with my 2nd child so it's possible, I think after the 3rd comes we will decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I always wanted 5. Life has given me a few curveballs and now with the rising cost of children and needing childcare. I have to stop with 3. I am half wishing for a number 4 to happen before my tubes are done at the end of the year but i know it would be financial suicide.

I want my kids to have no financial worries or have a mummy stressed out that i can't feed them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 was our limit and we have our 3 boys and we are done. We don't have any embryos left anyway and I am done with IVF. We are complete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted as many as I could before 30, and always thought it would be about 4 or 5.

I have one DS and another on the way now and have decided this is it for us. Had a journey for this current pregnancy and have other plans in the near future, so we are both happy with having 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, it's when my partner's done (which he is, with 2).
    He was never fussed about having kids...take it or leave it kind of thing. He loves children, but was well aware of how much work they are and was happyto not have any. He had kids because that was what I wanted. He would have stopped with 1, and we onlyhad a second because I really wanted one. He definitely doesn't want any more.

I think ideally, I'd like 3. I don't know how well I'd cope with that stress-wise, but really I would. There's no way though that I could pressure him into having a child that he really, really doesn't want. I couldn't push him into such a big decision that he'd regret, or encourage him to have a child he may well resent. So 2 it is

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (31-08-2015)